💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Selena Quintanilla 1997 vs 2020

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Screenshot-20201205-173117.png

What have they done to her memory? Anyone seen the new show. I read some really terrible reviews and prefer not to watch. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Haven't watched it yet, is it really that bad? I've been obsessed for the past few days with the biopic of La Veneno. It's so well done and you can tell it was made with a lot of love and care, especially towards the trans community

JusKeepBreathin
5 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Haven't watched it yet, is it really that bad? I've been obsessed for the past few days with the biopic of La Veneno. It's so well done and you can tell it was made with a lot of love and care, especially towards the trans community

I read a review where the show turns her into and industry puppet. Where her dad and brother did all the writing and everything else and she just sang and bedazzled bolero jackets. It was so harsh. But it makes sense because the show is created by her dad and brother.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

4 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I read a review where the show turns her into and industry puppet. Where her dad and brother did all the writing and everything else and she just sang and bedazzled bolero jackets. It was so harsh. But it makes sense because the show is created by her dad and brother.

Is that what really happened? I know practically nothing about her but I wanted to go into this hoping it was gonna be an honest homage... 

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, COOOK said:

Is that what really happened? I know practically nothing about her but I wanted to go into this hoping it was gonna be an honest homage... 

I don't really know I haven't watched it. I just read some reviews but I don't really trust her father and brother. 

Reject False Icons
22 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I LOVE IT, I just discovered Christina La Veneno months before she died and I fell in love with her, the show is such a beautiful homage to her that her friend Paca la piraña personally acted as herself on the series. It tries to be as true as Cristina's vision 

7 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Yes her dad is up to date a very manipulative man, such a shame that he even tried to make her break up with her then husband :ohno:

Hottie Detector

ProdigyARTPOP
10 minutes ago, COOOK said:

That is actually what happened though,

AB wrote all the music and produced it.

She simply sang the material.

This is coming from someone who loves Selena and considers himself a stan.

People are complaining that the series isn’t what they expected but that’s only because their expectations are very diluted.

Everyone loves the movie but the movie missed out so much about her & the family’s life + dynamic. 

This series is supposed to shed light on that.

LaLuna

Yeah I'm on episode 3 and it's okay I guess, not great but okay. Nothing to do with Christian Serratos though. Making fun of her is not cool, she's a pretty girl and I think she does a decent job in the series. One thing I'll say is that they go more in-depth than the movie could, given that it's a series and not a movie. But I've heard they really did Chris Pérez dirty and that I'm NOT okay with. After all these years they still hate him for marrying Selena :saladga: Not a fan of the Quintanilla family to say that least.

Personally I would've much preferred a series based on Chris' book To Selena With Love. But of course that greedy bastard Abraham controls anything that has Selena's name on it and wouldn't let it Chris do it.

14 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Well she didn't really write songs, that's true, but she was no puppet. She was a headstrong woman who always went after what she wanted. She started her boutiques even though her family was against it. But Abraham always kept the band and family on a very tight leash, he's a very controlling SOB. Which is why Selena and Chris had to elope.

ProdigyARTPOP
1 minute ago, LaLuna said:

Yeah I'm on episode 3 and so far the movie was much, much better. Nothing to do with Christian Serratos though. Making fun of her is not cool, she's a pretty girl and I think she does a decent job in the series. One thing I'll say is that they go more in-depth than the movie could, given that it's a series and not a movie. But I've heard they really did Chris Pérez dirty and that I'm NOT okay with. After all these years they still hate him for marrying Selena :saladga: Not a fan of the Quintanilla family to say that least.

Personally I would've much preferred a series based on Chris' book To Selena With Love. But of course that greedy bastard Abraham controls anything that has Selena's name on it and wouldn't let it Chris do it.

Well she didn't really write songs, that's true, but she was no puppet. She was a headstrong woman who always went after what she wanted. She started her boutiques even though her family was against it. But Abraham always kept the band and family on a very tight leash, he's a very controlling SOB. Which is why Selena and Chris had to elope.

Yes, I agree that she wasn’t a puppet.

Her and Chris story really does deserve to be highlighted. 

She truly had it all. She deserved so much more. :heart:

Regina George

You can blame her family for that because they approved of everything 

TimisaMonster

Looks like Farrah Abraham from an episode of Teen Mom :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

LaLuna
2 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Yes, I agree that she wasn’t a puppet.

Her and Chris story really does deserve to be highlighted. 

She truly had it all. She deserved so much more. :heart:

I agree. I know Chris still misses Selena very much, but I'm sure part of him is happy he's no longer part of the Quintanilla family.

2 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said:

I LOVE IT, I just discovered Christina La Veneno months before she died and I fell in love with her, the show is such a beautiful homage to her that her friend Paca la piraña personally acted as herself on the series. It tries to be as true as Cristina's vision 

btw I love how this thread turned from Selena to Cristina

Girl!! I cried so much watching it :messga: There're many emotional cameos too:
- R
eal-life Valeria is the redhead that took Valeria to the job interview.
- The security guard that asked Pepe Navarro (the TV host) to leave the set after the police came to shut everything out, that was the actual Pepe Navarro. He wanted to give Cristina a proper and symbolic goodbye, that's why he got a long closeup just looking and smiling at her. 

and many more :messga:

Archived