Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

AIWFCIY is being streamed more than ever

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” cannot be stopped. Already one of the most popular songs of all time, and the source of more than $60 million in royalties for Carey, the song appears to be more popular than ever in 2020. And it’s doing it against the odds—the top songs on Spotify are generally getting fewer listens than in previous years.

From Nov. 24 to Nov. 30, “All I Want for Christmas is You” averaged about 1 million daily streams on Spotify in the US, up from just over 600,000 streams per day over the same time period in 2019, and 800,000 during that time in 2018. It was already the second most streamed song in the US on Nov. 30, but only the 10th on the same date in 2019. It’s not just ruling Spotify. Rolling Stone’s streaming data, which includes Spotify streams as well as competitor services like Apple Music, also show a big bump in listens to Carey’s hit this year.

full story: https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/1937682/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you-is-streaming-more-than-ever/amp/

:giveup:

TimisaMonster

Wow...she must enjoy her seasonal checks :vegas:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

"...and the source of more than $60 million in royalties for Carey..." :shocked: No wonder they keep pushing it further and further each Christmas season. Good for her, though. She deserves it. 

SlaeUrAnus

Thing is, she is not just the "Queen of Christmas".

To me, she is one of the 'Queens of music' in general. Her talent in unparalleled and she deserves every royalty and success.

In my messy era.

Sarah H
7 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

To me, she is one of the 'Queens of music' in general. Her talent in unparalleled and she deserves every royalty and success.

Yes she's a whole lot more than just a Queen of Christmas. Her whole song catalogue is great. 

Better Day

Now with Dolly Parton covering it on her new album (A Holly Dolly Christmas - stream it) Carey’s royalties will grow even more 

Together You And I!

I mean she can still outsing the majority of the music industry. Her catalogue is great. People shouldn't really use her only for 1 moth of the year when she released a great album (Caution) not too long ago. :kiss: Congrats though!

JusKeepBreathin

She is also #1 on Amazon Music. She has turned into a streaming beast TBH.  I can't wait to see if she gets to #1 on Apple Music. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

6 minutes ago, Hades said:

I mean she can still outsing the majority of the music industry. Her catalogue is great. People shouldn't really use her only for 1 moth of the year when she released a great album (Caution) not too long ago. :kiss: Congrats though!

thought that too BUT it is also making her gain new fans. Her Subscribers + Followers are rising on all Platforms. Her average Youtube Views in the Summer also rise steadily each year.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Blastertoyo
46 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Not even just pop music either 

she’s truly one of the trailblazers of the pop archetypes we know today, from r&b diva and the genre-blending crossovers to pop/rap collabs 

please enlighten me to death

35 minutes ago, Noah said:

thought that too BUT it is also making her gain new fans. Her Subscribers + Followers are rising on all Platforms. Her average Youtube Views in the Summer also rise steadily each year.

That's true but i'd appreciate it even more if it was thanks to her great records like Caution. Kylie gained a lot of listeners thanks to DISCO for example. That's just my silly thought... :shrug: Pretty sure she'll hit #1 again this year though so win win!

Archived