💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Have you ever deleted all your social media

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

Linus Gaga

i deactivated my instagram when i was sad but then came back in a few days cuz realized no one care and notice:laughga:

and social media does give me more interactions with friends, think about what to post and photos to take, so i actually quite like it. Is it toxic or not, depends on what kind of friends you have, and how you use it :)

Hit me a message and say hi !

WhiteWitch

Everything but tiktok, which I don’t post on. I have fb cause I wanted to see how some old friends were doing with the pandemic, but that will be going away again soon. 

Healed My Heart

Yep! I haven't had Facebook since 2010, got off Twitter around 2015, and had a brief stint on IG before I deleted that too. GGD is my only account anywhere and it took me 10 years of lurking here before I decided to create an actual account / post.

Nothing healthy ever came out of social media for me. Deleting my accounts did break off connections that I was maintaining purely through SM, but my philosophy was that any meaningful connections would continue outside of those platforms. It has encouraged me to text more, and pick up the phone, and usually have deeper one-on-one conversations.

I don't regret the decision at all and think it's been instrumental in my healing and work on my mental health. I hope it helps you too!

She/her 💗💜💙

Tinnitus15
1 hour ago, GagaSine said:

I want to do it, but, and I know this sounds pathetic, it gives me purpose in life.

I just have no irl friends and I am someone who is very insecure and needy, interaction with ppl online gives me validation and makes me feel less worthless.

I have severe depression and while I do recognize I use social media as a crutch it still helps in ways. I need to work on healthier ways to make connections and build my self esteem, but it’s so hard especially now with the pandemic.

I used to have a blog on tumblr that I literally spent my entire free time on. I was literally homeless at one point updating my blog at the public library. It is definitely something you could call an addiction. I haven’t used tumblr now for about four years but I still miss it and the connections I made so much. I recently got banned from twitter and i’m so heartbroken about it! I am missing the ppl I would talk to so much!

Sorry to hear that...trust me sometimes even having social media is way too depressing too...after deleting my accounts no one from my friends even bothered to text me why I did that(except 1)

Tinnitus15
46 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

i deactivated my instagram when i was sad but then came back in a few days cuz realized no one care and notice:laughga:

and social media does give me more interactions with friends, think about what to post and photos to take, so i actually quite like it. Is it toxic or not, depends on what kind of friends you have, and how you use it :)

omggg that’s me...especially the firstt paragraph...the relate is strong

Only deactivated fb once but i don't use it much. I love instagram though cause it's more relatable. There are a lot of interesting workout videos i use there. :) 

Galactic Mess

I have, and I don’t regret it. It’s liberating and I spend less time of my phone now. If I could get rid of my phone that would be ideal, but unfortunately we have to be somewhat connected.

Leblanc

I watched the social dilemma a few months ago and thought I have to delete everything :duck: and did :excited:

i've made a lot of changes for the better now that I have the time to think about what I want to get out of life. Now I use that time dancing in my room, when I feel my anxiety start to set in again I just put music on and put my phone away and just get lost for hours. It's genuinely been the first time in a long time that I wake up happy, wanting to live.

I don't encourage the same for everyone, I just think I started to realise that time can be better spent elsewhere

I always let the good ones go

I deleted my Facebook because all of my friends there consisted of people I grew up with in a small town, who post anti-trans or anti-gay things every day, or other horrible nonsense, and there was no getting around it because I couldn't just remove every single person I knew off of my Facebook friends list, so I just deleted it altogether :neyde:

Now I have an Instagram with all of my hip and happening friends from the city :huntyga:

InsomniaMonster69

I deleted Facebook years ago, after it became boring to me. I dont miss it.

I deleted instagram last year after I struggeled (and sometime still struggle) whit mental health issues like low self esteen, bodyshaming etc. I couldn't take all these pics of that perfect guys/girls anymore. I dont miss it. 

Deleted Gr*ndr and other dating platforms for same reason. I also dont miss them

Oriane

I've never had Facebook. I only use Twitter to follow some celebrities, artists, and a few fun things, I don't watch the drama so it's fine. I recently created an Instagram to promote my videos and music, I don't put personal stuff so it's fine too.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

ToxicHot

In middle school and early high school years (ages 11-15), I was super active on Facebook. It got pretty annoying/boring though and my statuses started to flop, so I bounced. :flop: I’m sure I deactivated soon after. 

Today, I still don’t use Facebook, and I activated it again a few years ago just to use Tinder (which I think is stupid, although I guess it helps against trolling). Too much cringey sh*t was on there and I didn’t want anyone to find old stuff and dig through my profile, so I simply deactivated again and made a completely new account (which is completely empty except for a profile pic and like 2 friends—oh well). :toofunny: I still don’t like Facebook, but basically everyone I know is active on it, including family (which, to be totally honest, I really don’t care to engage with anyway). I’m definitely more of a Twitter person. 

As for other social media sites...... I enjoy Twitter a lot, I like finding funny and interesting content and discovering people/etc. Sometimes it’s way too toxic though. HOWEVER... What’s really important to me is music and keeping up with my favorite artists and pop culture in general. If the music industry wasn’t practically synonymous with social media today, I’d probably quit Twitter or take a super long break. I know “stan culture” can be exhausting but it’s something I enjoy being apart of, although my Twitter account is personal and not a stan account (but like 60% or something of my content is music-related). I suppose I talk to myself on there MOST of the time but it’s whatever.... gotta build up my “brand” and followers somehow. I have lots of mutuals I wanna connect with/be friends with but I can be shy at times. :yennefer: Patiently waiting for the day I go viral and/or become “Twitter famous”. :ladyhaha: I know I have the potential but for whatever f*cking reason I’m severely lacking in support. :yennefer::yennefer: (that’s an entirely different story, I’m afraid)

I have Instagram and Snapchat too, but I stopped posting on them frequently (unmotivated, life is super boring, low-self esteem, etc.)..... I don’t engage with anyone on them really, and I really really find Instagram overwhelming at times from peoples’ excessive posting (and/or good looks). But I use Instagram mostly to keep up with artists, pop culture, and “influencers” (and people I know in real life.... although this part and ONLY this part applies to Snapchat too). 

I have TikTok as well but ONLY to see celebrities, typical pop culture tidbits, hot/sexy/cute men, and random funny stuff. :flower: I guess it’s not bad for discovering new music as well from time to time.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Tinnitus15

It will be hard...cuz my Instagram was filled with Gaga stuff,time to dip into Twitter’s depths 

Archived