💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Sour Candy Release, If Real Stop Worrying About Christmas Freeze

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

I've seen comments multiple times about how if Sour Candy Release is real it's a terrible time because of Christmas Freeze so I wanted to break down some facts to help reduce anxiety for those of you who are worried

First of all a lot of the innitial demand for the single will come from music video which a lot will come from the BlackPink fans (and us obviously). Online on the internet these things are not affected by Christmas freeze to the same degree as radio is. Only on the actual Christmas holidays (like literally the week of) would you normally see some noticeable dip in music video views. It might have a slight impact yes but hardly anything that's a big enough deal to be worrying about

Where Christmas does have a bigger impact is in a lot of radio stations. But here's the thing, it's her 4th single for an album that's been out a while... Even if it turns out to be a radio hit (which there's no guarantee it will given the song isn't new anymore), older singles tend to be slower climbers, they are not the instant hits that lead singles off an era tend to be...

So we're already almost a week into December and Christmas is only 3 weeks away... So even if the song is released as a single in the next few days by the time Christmas comes it still would have only been starting it's innitial momentum of spins and climb going... So it's not a kill of full momentum that may not be regained if it were a lead single

We don't even know if the rumours are true. And even if we do indeed get a music video theres no guarantee it will be a single either it could just be a visual

But if the rumours are true and it's a single as well, I honestly wouldn't be so concerned about the release date!

bionic

Totally agree. I'd be happier for a single to have longevity than be a one week wonder.

But I don't think this something we need to worry much about :laughga: 

buy bionic

InsomniaMonster69

What we really shouldnt worry about are chart positions! 

We should care about the visuals. That's everything that matters for an artist and for the 4th single!

Economy
6 minutes ago, TasteofaFish said:

What we really shouldnt worry about are chart positions! 

We should care about the visuals. That's everything that matters for an artist and for the 4th single!

I mean I care about charts cuz it affects tragectories in her career 

But if u just mean cuz it's a 4th single yeah I agree, ur lucky to get a moderate hit these days off a 4th single even if it's a big name collab

InsomniaMonster69
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I mean I care about charts cuz it affects tragectories in her career 

But if u just mean cuz it's a 4th single yeah I agree, ur lucky to get a moderate hit these days off a 4th single even if it's a big name collab

I dont even care about charts for the lead. It's because I stan so many artists which never charted or charted really low and they still serve visuals and gives music all the time

But I understand that charts for Gaga matter somehow, cause she a monster artist. For her, chartpositions can affect her reputation. 

But also for an A lister artist, the 4th single really shouldnt matter for charts. The 4th (and the 3rd) single are gifts to the fans in my opinion 

Babylon98

It really is irrelevant because they gave 0 push to 911 and they most likely will do the same with this song. It probably won't be sent to radio or put in playlists so the Christmas Freeze wont affect it. The only thing we're getting is a boost in streaming from the MV release but they will most likely not promote it any more than that.

Karen Smith
1 minute ago, zcasx said:

It really is irrelevant because they gave 0 push to 911 and they most likely will do the same with this song. It probably won't be sent to radio or put in playlists so the Christmas Freeze wont affect it. The only thing we're getting is a boost in streaming from the MV release but they will most likely not promote it any more than that.

I wanna think that 911 wasn't push anywhere because it was very personal for Gaga and maybe she just thought about it as some music project, not for charts definitely. Now, sour candy is song with Blackpink which will be very successful, I know it. 

Economy
Just now, TasteofaFish said:

I dont even care about charts for the lead. It's because I stan so many artists which never charted or charted really low and they still serve visuals and gives music all the time

But I understand that charts for Gaga matter somehow, cause she a monster artist. For her, chartpositions can affect her reputation. 

But also for an A lister artist, the 4th single really shouldnt matter for charts. The 4th (and the 3rd) single are gifts to the fans in my opinion 

I agree 3rd and 4th singles in the streaming era are more about the fans cuz they rarely are big hits so there's no point stressing about it

The reason I care about charts in general is cuz for an artist as big as Gaga she has access to large promo budgets and it gives us stuff like more TV interviews and other promo and scale we enjoy

Remember when her contract was leaked? TFM and Born This Way got a huge bump in promo budget cuz of how well she was doing and it justified the budget and those eras were a SERVE in terms of promo

When an artist is no longer as hot selling those budgets get reduced and eras become less exiting. It's just the music, a few videos and then the tour. There's less life in the process of the era for the super star

I get how for many artists it may not matter as much but for A-List artists like Gaga I feel like charts do matter

I also have artists I like that don't chart and I like their stuff just fine. But yeah for an artist like Gaga it's a different dynamic and type of career :shrug:

I think at this point, we should just be happy if we get something. Doesn't matter if Sour Candy is released during Christmas freeze or later it will still chart very poorly. I doubt the GP has any interest left for Chromatica

Economy
4 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Yeah I know that's why I said it may not even be a single

I'm just saying if it turns out to be, the Christmas freeze will barely affect it. It would be worse if it was a lead single

But a 4th single has a good chance of flopping regardless, and even if it is one of the exceptions and does become a hit, older singles tend to be climbers on radio as I said they are not instant radio hits, Christmas is only 3 weeks away so the song would have barely started its take off

Babylon98
26 minutes ago, Little99 said:

Sour candy gonna be definitely better on charts than rain on me, in my opinion. 

Gurl I would love to be proven wrong but there like a 0.00001% chance that this happens

Karen Smith
1 minute ago, zcasx said:

Gurl I would love to be proven wrong but there like a 0.00001% chance that this happens

Why? Ice cream has over 400 millions views and it was flop

Babylon98
2 minutes ago, Little99 said:

Why? Ice cream has over 400 millions views and it was flop

But you were talking about the charts (Ice cream flopped on the Us charts). I think the MV  for SC will end up with a lot more streams than ROM definitely because of Blackpink. The streams on spotify will also be better if a MV is released but not insanely better (will most likely fall under ROM). 

Archived