đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Rolling Stone (2010) + Joanne

LG666

Featured Posts

After reading Miley's new Rolling Stone article and being inspired by how raw and honest it is, I decided to revisit Gaga's from 2010.  

I was struck by a few things. First, how young she was. She was only 24 at the time. That's insane to think about her level of fame and success at that age. I was also struck by her mentioning her aunt Joanne and talking about her father. It became evident to me that this is something she has been clinging to for so long. And that making the album 6 years after this interview was an exorcism for her. I knew she had said Joanne's name in prayer at the Monster Ball tour, but didnt know this story and the pain was so embedded in her. I mean, she's on top of the world and gets an interview for Rolling f*cking Stone and is talking about Joanne and her dad. Quote below:

You seem to have become more religious or spiritual in the last year or so.
I’ve had a few different experiences. I’m really connected to my Aunt Joanne, and she’s not with us anymore. And then there was my father’s surgery. And also, my life has changed so much. It’s hard not to believe that God hasn’t been watching out for me when I’ve had such obstacles with drugs and rejection and people not believing in me. It’s been a long and continuous road, but it’s hard to just chalk it all up to myself. I have to believe there’s something greater than myself.

It just gave me appreciation for the album. Its still not my favorite, never will be, but I'm proud of her for making it. Even if she didnt heal her dad. It's not her responsibility to heal him, but it is her responsibility to exorcise her demons and use her art to figure out her life and her story. Idk, felt like sharing.

hieronymus

She also featured a poem she'd written for her in The Fame booklet, and they used to open every show backstage on The Monster Ball, maybe TFB too, by standing in a circle, praying, and shouting Joanne in unison.

Archived