šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LMs are limiting Gaga

Jill

Featured Posts

I was just listening to some music and "Shameika" by Fiona Apple made its way into my ears. It's not my favorite song by any means but (especially after I checked the video) it really grew on me a lot. But as I was watching it and really feeling it, I pondered on what would happen if Gaga was the one who released this song and this video.

And we all know what would happen, meltdowns everywhere. It is especially ironic that the fanbase of an artist so well known for her versitality (something that even her biggest fans bring during these pointless "who is more succesful" pop forum debates) is so limiting in that regard. It's pop with choreo and big bidget or else "Gaga has lost her soul" or some other melodramatic sh*t. Little Monsters don't know how to appreciate the artistic outcome of an singer/artist, they don't even give Gaga the slightest chance to evolve orgnaically into something that fits her better during a given time. And you may say "Yeah but she did C2C and Joanne and blah blah" but

1. we are talking about going much further and probably never returning to pop bops because she's done that many many times already and

2. C2C and Joanne weren't really career choices that the "fans" liked. They cointinue to be the butt of the joke even years later, much more commonly than I would like them to be.

So what do you think? Do you think I'm right? I obviously think I am right and I will do my best to block people who disagree with me.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me add this also: LMs want Gaga to be succesful and acclaimed yet wouldn't want her to do something like what Fiona Apple is doing, which is way more critically acclaimed than Chromatica overall. Not hating on Chromatica, I like it more than Fiona's stuff but obectively, yeah

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Regina George

I'm pretty sure majority of LM's would actually love thisĀ :sweat: It reminds me of something she did pre The Fame..Ā 

Also I disagree with you on this one. LMs don't want HUGE budgets from Gaga, they want good execution. I'm 100% sure LMs would go crazy if she released some good pop-rock album with few good videos of her in club performing ala her pre The Fame days filmed on some random camera. She just needs to show she cares about the project and people will eventually love it.

Reality

The funny thing is that people always say they want more "experimental" music from Gaga as opposed to more standard pop songs, but whenever Gaga does even anĀ inklingĀ of that, they go, "Ew, what is this. This ain't it, Gagz."Ā 

Same thing with metal. There are lots of people screaming "Gaga should do a metal album!", but like, how many of y'allĀ actuallyĀ like metal? :selena:

People are just afraid to admit they want standard pop songs from Gaga :shrug:Ā There's nothing wrong with that either. Some of y'all just need to stop compensating and start saying what you think.

šŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Blastertoyo

I completely disagree because she did Cheek To Cheek and Joanne and ASIB completely against our wills.

Sheā€™s the one who decided to go back to her roots with Chromatica and presented us with this idea of a magical world with storylines just like all the broken promises she made with ARTPOP being a visual album and the two volumes and everything.

sheā€™s yet to deliver that in any capacity and some of us just canā€™t let go of the greatness sheā€™s clearly expressed sheā€™s capable of doing and just.... hasnā€™t.Ā 
Ā 

if she released the most experimental folkĀ album of all time and delivered amazing content and visuals no one would complainĀ 

and no album since Born This Way has done thatĀ 

please enlighten me to death

alsemanche

Actually I've been waiting for Gaga to go more experimental and sh!t because I know (thought I knew? idk) she has/had it in her. Joanne was a miss for many reasons, but C2C (to me) is a very good album. I'm not sure if it's the fans though. I feel like she is personally not trying to go outside of this box (and Joanne was nowhere near outside it). When I heard that Sophie might be on LG6 I was happy that she is finally going into good experimentation but then it never happened. Instead we got a pure mainstream pop album (which I don't dislike by any means actually, pop can be very good too). So yeah idk if it's the fans or her, but I don't see her experimenting much anymore. I felt like Chromatica was gonna be it when it comes to that but oh well.Ā 

also i'm not speaking for anyone else, just for myselfĀ 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Jose P
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I'm pretty sure majority of LM's would actually love thisĀ :sweat: It reminds me of something she did pre The Fame..Ā 

I mean, there were many people here complaining that 911 wasnā€™t the high budget sci fi pink alien extravaganza they dreamed of. Theyā€™re not the majority but thereā€™s still a fair share of them.

Babylon98

Tbh I feel like there is a bigger overlap between fans who would want Gaga to try out new things musically and fans who are dissatisfied with this era than there is between fans who are content with Chromatica's formulaic pop (not saying it's bad but it doesn't bring a lot new to the table in Gaga's career) and are dissatisfied with this era.Ā 

I love watching Gaga succeed and find it fun to follow charts but I would trade that for her artistic integrity/growth any day obviously. But if she's gonna compromise her potential by making 2.30 songs/collabing with BP without meeting them (she was so adamant about meeting people she would collaborate with)Ā and shooting MV with Iphones at least take advantage of that and do a well promoted era. Of course this is my assumption that there was more creative compromise than in any of her albums before but it feels that way.

Regina George
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

I mean, there were many people here complaining that 911 wasnā€™t the high budget sci fi pink alien extravaganza they dreamed of. Theyā€™re not the majority but thereā€™s still a fair share of them.

I honestly didn't see any of that. From what I saw majority of people loved the video and maybe 3 people said they don't like it and they even got clocked faster than you can say ferrariĀ 

Jose P
Just now, Regina George said:

I honestly didn't see any of that. From what I saw majority of people loved the video and maybe 3 people said they don't like it and they even got clocked faster than you can say ferrariĀ 

Oh yeah Iā€™m not saying there are a lot but they exist. And with a video like Shameika, idk I really do think people wouldnā€™t be here for that and call her lazy for filming something she doesnā€™t even appear inĀ :poot:

In regards to the OP, I do think sheā€™s being held back in a way. I truly feel her heart isnā€™t in pop music anymore, hence her lack of engagement in this project not even now but also hearing about how hard it was for her to make and how she had little involvement in its production compared to previous albums. I know it was probably her mental state at the time and all constricting her creativity, but I do believe if it had been something she truly 100% loved doing then she would have found it easier to commit to it. She should allow herself to grow instead of pleasing those fans who want her to serve fabulous dance gay pop. Sheā€™s already proved sheā€™s beyond that.Ā 

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, Jose P said:

idk I really do think people wouldnā€™t be here for that and call her lazy for filming something she doesnā€™t even appear inĀ :poot:

Could it be worse than million reasons thoĀ :huntyga:

a video she very much appears inĀ 

please enlighten me to death

Babylon98
22 minutes ago, funkyhaus said:

In the most non shade way possibly, Gaga is limiting GagaĀ 

This. Also think she's too afraid of pissing people off nowadays when that was basically her brand. Not saying you should just piss people off for controversy and etc. but I miss when Gaga had an edge and was unafraid of what people could say about her. Nowadays it feels like her every move is calculated into being as harmless as possible imo (whyĀ the GP adores her (also talent but that she was talented from the get-go anyways).Ā 

xoxo Craig

I donā€™t agree. Little Monsters donā€™t control Gaga's creativity, nor has she ever gone "hmmm I wonder what would please my fans". Everything that she has done has been 100% authentically her (either currently or how she was feeling at that time). I mean, nobody told her to sing Jazz with Tony Bennett and make a record in 2014. Jazz is not something that many LM like.Ā 

Nobody is limiting Gaga to what she can or can't do... except from, perhaps, her label. But after ARTPOP, she's had full creative control

End Racism Now

Archived