Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Fox News Supports Katy Perry

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Pennywise
2 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

How would this be fighting hate with hate?

Oh, haven't you heard? We must fight the intolerant right and the nazis with "love" or we're the same as them, apparently :excuseu:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Naak Le Vaar

I get what Katy is trying to do. We do need more compassion in this world. Hate only leads to more hate. With that said, supporting Trump voters in my eyes is like congratulating a dog after bad behavior.

I'm not saying persecute Trump voters, but lending an olive branch when they won't budge is odd. How can there be compromise when Trump wants to strip the rights of minority groups? He is clearly hellbent on making the lives of everyone who's not a rich white male hard and if his voters support that then what's the point? Katy can love her parents and be vocal about how wanting to support (Trump was arguably) a dictator is wrong.

Love alone won't win people their rights. I know Katy knows that, but her platform and voice should state it also. My two cents.

Lmao they blocked my signature

berlinforme
5 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Oh, haven't you heard? We must fight the intolerant right and the nazis with "love" or we're the same as them, apparently :excuseu:

Just leaving this here real quick. 

3 hours ago, Bella Goth said:

katy was right tho, you can't fight hate with hate. love & kindness is the only thing you can do to find piece in mind

she was treating politics like a game you lost. like your favorite team didn't win so be kind to the losing side. In the US, people's recklessness and Trump support has literally caused tangible damage on the lives of others and they KNOW IT and don't care. So no, she wasn't right. It was an out of touch statement. That's what rubbed people the wrong way as it was using kindness to mask an unwillingness to really combat hate. You don't need to go out of your way to be mean, but you absolutely should not have to reach out to full grown adults who have demonstrated a complete and total lack of care for other people's well-being and pat them on the back like it's water under the bridge. They still believe and back this man, nothing has changed.

In general, yes, compassion is needed in the world, but the way to express it while not sacrificing your own morality in this case is to just leave them be. Make it known that that kind of hate is really, truly not tolerated. To reach out to them and comfort them feeling sad such a horrible horrible man who they support lost is tantamount with telling them that it's ok they did so. It isn't.

Archived