Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Zach Campbell: This is the problem with the “chromatica” era

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he say anything that the liddos in this site haven't said already? Cause if's the same old "boo hoo where's the promoooo" whining I won't bother pressing play

Biden Harris 2024

I saw it. I agree with him for the most part. Maybe we just have too high expectations for era's now, idk.

Bonkers

everybody: make your own damn eras.

Tired of the bitching tbh.  

:huntyga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Reality
10 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

I never liked this guy and the way he always overreacts on his videos for the views

I take it then that you didn't watch the video and just commented your own opinion on Zachary, even though this video was well thought out and had several points...

🖤👹

why are pop stans so obsessed with promo

you literally never see this in the rap/hip hop/indie communities. they know how to actually enjoy the music

djBuffoon

I can’t argue the fact more could have been done, even under the circumstances. We have no idea what plans had to be scrapped, or what’s coming up.

It is strange though to notice fans suddenly throwing the music under the bus because, let’s not forget, the album’s critical and fan reception was very strong, especially against that of her past couple albums. And we got at least two awesome videos out of this. 

Cameltoe Chariot

Getting really tired of all of these people with an internet connection thinking they have all the answers :bear:

...or that we care about their speculation and negativity :bear:

Reality
Just now, Indyl said:

why are pop stans so obsessed with promo

you literally never see this in the rap/hip hop/indie communities. they know how to actually enjoy the music

Maybe because pop stars have set a precedent that eras usually come with some sort of promo??

Especially for someone like Lady Gaga, who has had amazing eras for all her other albums (regardless if people disliked the albums themselves or not), it's weird to have pretty much nothing coming out of Chromatica. 

Now, this whole Oreo and/or Sour Candy situation could change things—and I'm sure it will—but y'all can't pretend that everything's all fine and dandy :selena: We all get off to promo. The next time Gaga posts something on Instagram related to Chromatica, the next time she does an interview, the next time she does a photoshoot, the next time she releases a music video, we all get excited and scream "YAAAASSSS GAGA!!!!" because it's another chance for us to experience the art she's created and put out to the world. 

I understand the need to defend Gaga; I try to do that as much as possible, but we can't deny that this era (not album) is Gaga's worst. 

🖤👹

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

Getting really tired of all of these people with an internet connection thinking they have all the answers :bear:

...or that we care about their speculation and negativity :bear:

yet here we all are :trollga:

Which is why I refuse to give him views 

please enlighten me to death

Mrbirthday

I love Zach Campbell so thanks for posting his new video, I didn't know it dropped. So thanks for the updated on that :pawsup:

I totally can hear what he is saying and I understand how he can feel this way. A lot of points he brought up, I see a lot of other Little Monsters saying the same thing. It was so unfortunate on how this all happened to her. I can't imagine how her and her team must be feeling. Having a new album, a new world tour, music videos, etc. planned, and then getting the rug pulled under your feet because of world events. I will say from some of her tweets and what she has been doing, I think it must have been so hard for her to put Chromatica on the backburner. We all know she is a people person. She believes in kindness, love, and peace. Therefore, when all of this was going down (Pandemic, the movements, voting, etc.) she had to make a choice and how her morals and her believes had to take precedence. She even delayed Chromatica because as she said, "it didn't feel like the right time". There were other things going on that she wanted to have the spotlight on.  We all know she wants us, humans, to be safe and when she did the MTV she preached about wearing masks and being safe cuz here in America, we messed up. I think about if she were to do a live concert event or stream, like she is putting herself, dancers, creative team, and also the Little Monsters at risk. People congregated in the same room is still not a safe decision, even if you get rapid tested and or tested. And you know if she would do a live stream people would get together in person to watch it and celebrate. So I feel like it's quite hard to do anything at this point when you want people to be safe. Doing 911 music video must have been real hard for her because even though it was outside, people where still together so I can't imagine how this is stunting the Chromatica era. Gosh this woman has been through a lot, I feel like most of her career she has had setbacks with her visions for her eras(leaks, management, health problems, etc.). I just hope she knows that we still love Chromatica and we will still play and share it and when the time comes we will celebrate it. It's not going anywhere because it's a masterpiece and the album of the decade! :pawsup:

Archived