Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Zach Campbell: This is the problem with the “chromatica” era

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

freebit

The rants about promo again....

Tired Britney Spears GIF

I was over this by March. There's nothing new to say or hear on this subject tbh.

1 hour ago, Indyl said:

why are pop stans so obsessed with promo

you literally never see this in the rap/hip hop/indie communities. they know how to actually enjoy the music

Same. I followed mostly bands and indie artists before joining GGD, even years later, I'm shocked at how much emphasis is put on promo by stans. 

I remember I didn't pay any attention to BTW era promo, but just enjoyed the album (her interviews were a hot mess, and I wasn't into the aesthetic of the era). To me, listening to the album was enough. So, outside of wishing for a manga, I've been mostly unbothered about her not promoting Chromatica, and it's been so weird to witness people having big online meltdowns. Like, it's a big concept, her not making a bigger to-do about it is a missed opportunity, but the meltdowns are kind of ridiculous. Some people have war in their countries etc.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter
1 hour ago, LGMonster95 said:

I never liked this guy and the way he always overreacts on his videos for the views

EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD! WHY! I just want to understand why there's ALWAYS this same exact comment at the top of every thread that has his name in the title (or Ajay for that matter). How come all these people who claim to never have liked him keep clicking on his name? How come every single black reactor gets accused of "overreacting" "being loud" "too opinionated"? This is borderline disgusting. 

chaeri pls

Well... He spilled :lolga:

I can't imagine Gaga watching this video :ladyhaha:

(I wonder if she still watches his videos :oprah:)

And I really hope this is the last time she has to 'restart' the era :messga: Girl, put some energy in the promo :giveup:

littlepotter

As always he spoke facts, and seeing the fragility of all of yall who can't handle the slightest negative take on Gaga is truly hilarious. The poor man is saying he'd like to see a virtual concert. That is literally it. Yall are gonna bully us into thinking we're demons simply for expressing that we'd like to see the songs performed live? 

chaeri pls

Jose P
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

As always he spoke facts, and seeing the fragility of all of yall who can't handle the slightest negative take on Gaga is truly hilarious. The poor man is saying he'd like to see a virtual concert. That is literally it. Yall are gonna bully us into thinking we're demons simply for expressing that we'd like to see the songs performed live? 

Yeah I don’t get the negative reactions to this when he’s just saying what most users in here have been saying for months. As a matter of fact, he’s stating them in a much more respectful manner than 95% of the people in here have.

People, he’s not dragging her. He’s saying what he feels is missing from the era and what he thinks it needs to bring the music and the concept of the album to life. He’s saying this as the stan he’s been since the beginning. So no need to “drag” him.

LGMonster95
8 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD! WHY! I just want to understand why there's ALWAYS this same exact comment at the top of every thread that has his name in the title (or Ajay for that matter). How come all these people who claim to never have liked him keep clicking on his name? How come every single black reactor gets accused of "overreacting" "being loud" "too opinionated"? This is borderline disgusting. 

Wtf this is the first time when I talk about him? Why do you make it about race too? Being a youtube reactor is literally the cheapest and easiest way to get views

Rat Boy

People want visuals/content - not necessarily promo. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

TimisaMonster

He said TEA in an extremely respectful and justified manner...its a legitimate question and concern as a fan to see such a great album have so much potential being wasted and having ZERO communication with fans on the status of the era...

Maybe she is going through health issues, depression, just wants an extended vacation, etc...but the more quiet you stay the more people speculate 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Indyl said:

you literally never see this in the rap/hip hop/indie communities. they know how to actually enjoy the music

Fully agree and great observation. This is very prominent in pop music, especially in the realm of the pop girls.

The rap and indie artists I follow I don't care about the live performances or the music videos, I just want new music - and with rap in particular, that need is satiated because the rappers I listen to often drop singles every couple months in between album cycles, or even mixtapes. But with pop music, I do like watching live performances and music videos, and that's really all I want from Gaga. I don't really care about the promo she does outside of that.

Although, I imagine a lot of fans are simply frustrated that she has taken the time during this era to build her makeup brand and done very little to promote her album. Despite a lot of them probably being planned out months in advance. It's still a disappointing thing to see, and that's been said a lot around here.

2 hours ago, Indyl said:

why are pop stans so obsessed with promo

Because Gaga is more than just a music artist, she is a performance artist and as someone who's been a fan since January 2009, I live for her stage performances. Watching each one of her performances is an experience, she is pure art. It's not just a typical performance like others give on various shows, each performance has its own set, own theme, and rendition. I believe that's what most fans miss the most.

TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Why do I feel like this is a part of the new promo rolling out? 

Why would Gaga or her team ask YouTubers to call out her lack of promo? :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

7 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Why would Gaga or her team ask YouTubers to call out her lack of promo? :smh:

Because we’re already aware that there is a lack of promo..... duh. It isn’t a secret. 

You don’t find it odd that he posted a video about lack of promo right as promo is beginning again? It’s all apart of the master plan. You’ll see 😉 

Archived