music news

Dua Lipa learned how to "milk" an era, wants more singles off FN

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaism

Actually she really knows it since the beginning me thinks. 
New Rules for example took a long time after its release to be a hit.

5 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Overexposure is the peril of milking an era girl...

I don't think she's anywhere close to being overexposed... Sure, you hear a lot about her if you follow pop music closely, but overall she's not everexposed. Gaga truly was, it was almost impossible not to hear about her even if you didn't use the internet, listen to the radio, or even watch TV. I don't think a singer was overexposed since the Gaga/Bieber chapter

BornAsUnic0rn

Ok but why do people act like this is a bad thing? I love that about Dua, she delivers. 

That’s what we want, pop stars to believe in their projects and “milking” it for all it’s worth. I hoped that’s Gaga’s plan for Chromatica, with B-Sides and Remixes, Singles, Videos and other Editions like a Remix Album. 

SHALLOW
Just now, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Ok but why do people act like this is a bad thing? I love that about Dua, she delivers. 

That’s what we want, pop stars to believe in their projects and “milking” it for all it’s worth. I hoped that’s Gaga’s plan for Chromatica, with B-Sides and Remixes, Singles, Videos and other Editions like a Remix Album. 

I agree but remixes are useless. 

Surely there are better ways to express that kind of thing :deadbanana: The phrase “milking it” is almost always used in a negative context, like someone milking the time clock or milking money from your parents.. 
I don’t think she means it in a “scammy” kind of way, she has been putting in the work for good promo to make her **** pop. 

I feel like she’s emotionally invested and is doing her best to be create something fresh. She came across as a little uninspired, or maybe bored? in the droplets/self titled eras, but she has really stepped it up for FN. The glow up is impressive!

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

vyniildisk

The way Miss Rona made Dua into the trendsetter of the new decade, crazy. It comes so easy for her

Runway

That’s great... she is a new artist and needs to cement her fanbase and legacy before enjoying the fruits of her work later in her career :) 

Luke78619

She did it with her first album too, that had quite the number of singles and songs from the album were pushed over a long period of time

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Archived