Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa learned how to "milk" an era, wants more singles off FN

COOOK

Featured Posts

Economy
4 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Was Britney really overexposed? Her eras seem very short. 4 singles tops 

Not so much the singles themselves (many weren't even that big hits) but rather the image and celebrity buzz that came with it

Britney and Eminem were kind of inescapable at the time. U heard about them a lot whether u wanted to or not

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW
58 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

You're listening to bad remixes

I was talking about Gaga's remixes ofc and also most remixes from the other pop girls. Ofc in some cases the remix can actually make a bad song sound decent but in Gaga's case i feel like it's the opposite

Regina George
27 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

It's a bad thing because overexposure can really hurt public perception or cause burnout for the artist. I don't think that's what she's saying here, but it could be a factor.

She's not over exposing anything tho. You read about her every day because you are part of stan culture. If you asked anyone who's not part of it aka general public that actually matters when it comes to longevity and hits - they are def not seeing Dua as often. I don't know where this overexposure talk is coming from. She is no where near being overexposed. Girl is just doing her job and she is doing if flawlessly. Other pop stars should take a note. 

Blastertoyo
2 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Overexposure is the peril of milking an era girl...

Can’t be overexposed if people just found out who you were :huntyga:

and now they’re just remembering you exist 

:huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

vyniildisk
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

Not so much the singles themselves (many weren't even that big hits) 

Did u just call Britney a flop? Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Blastertoyo
7 minutes ago, Regina George said:

If you asked anyone who's not part of it aka general public that actually matters when it comes to longevity and hits - they are def not seeing Dua as often. I don't know where this overexposure talk is coming from. She is no where near being overexposed.

Honestly this

she has more of a “cult following” than mainstream attention, even with New Rules it was everyone’s favorite summer song but they barely knew any of her other songs, if they did, they didn’t know they were hers.

not to say that Dua is generic at all but she’s one of those pop acts where unless you follow her very closely, her artistic identity isn’t that easily discernible from other pop songs or other pop acts, to many she’s still “the new rules girl” 

Regina George
1 minute ago, Blastertoyo said:

Honestly this

she has more of a “cult following” than mainstream attention, even with New Rules it was everyone’s favorite summer song but they barely knew any of her other songs, if they did, they didn’t know they were hers.

not to say that Dua is generic at all but she’s one of those pop acts where unless you follow her very closely, her artistic identity isn’t that easily discernible from other pop songs or other pop acts, to many she’s still “the new rules girl” 

True and I kinda agree with this but I do think her following is much more prominent than it was back then.. She is now recognizable BUT def not overexposed or even close to being that. People see her, hear her songs but not to the point where it is annoying. 

Economy
4 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Did u just call Britney a flop? Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Lmao no she was massive. I just mean singles weren't her strong point (the radio blacklist I'm sure didn't help). She had many singles that didn't go top 10. Like Lady Gaga has more top 10s on hot 100 than Britney

Britney was stronger with album sales, media buzz/exposure, cult following/fan base etc

Blastertoyo
2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

True and I kinda agree with this but I do think her following is much more prominent than it was back then.. She is now recognizable BUT def not overexposed or even close to being that. People see her, hear her songs but not to the point where it is annoying. 

It’s very like 

“This is dua lipa”

-“Who”

”she sings Don’t Start Now”

-“??”

“Physical?”

-“Hmmm maybe?”

“New Rules”

-“Ooooh herrr” 

for me 

And most gays will get it once u say dula peep or physical 

Johan Colli

The fact that now doing a good old fashioned album era that lasts for 2 years at least is "milking it" says a lot of the way we consume music now. I personally think she is doing too much too soon, maybe if Club Future Nostalgia came out right now it would be better but we do live in a fast paced world. I'm still hoping Gaga decided to take this route in a silent way and that's why we have been fed drop by drop so far, so it still feels fresh for next summer. 

vyniildisk
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

Lmao no she was massive. I just mean singles weren't her strong point (the radio blacklist I'm sure didn't help). She had many singles that didn't go top 10. Like Lady Gaga has more top 10s on hot 100 than Britney

Britney was stronger with album sales, media buzz/exposure, cult following/fan base etc

Interesting how this works. 

Gagaplayer315

Sweetie you already destroyed Hallucinate and Levitating, move on :oops:

Katy Perry has entered the chat

Katy Perry is typing...

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

VasilisVas
1 hour ago, Economy said:

This! I can't think of any artist that has been truly over exposed in the past several years

Lady Gaga was over exposed... Britney Spears was over exposed... Justin Bieber was overexposed

Probably an unpopular opinion, but, I would add Taylor Swift onto the overexposure list, too. During her 1989 era, she released a quite a few singles and most of those singles were practically on repeat on literally all pop stations all day for months and months to the point where the songs became annoying (to me at least). 

Archived