Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Radio Disney is shutting down

David Ward

Featured Posts

David Ward

Radio Disney Shutting Down Amid Restructuring

og_radiodisney_18121_c73fbb3c-2986467.jp

Disney is shuttering its Radio Disney division amid the ongoing restructuring at the media giant.

Radio Disney and Radio Disney Country will both stop broadcasting in the first quarter of 2021, resulting in layoffs for 36 full- and part-time employees. Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer of Disney Branded Television, made the announcement Thursday.

The decision comes as Disney is undergoing a restructuring of its divisions and priorities. As part of that, Marsh's Branded Television group has a mandate to increase production of content for streaming platform Disney+ and Disney Channels.

The rise of streaming audio and the pandemic-fueled uncertainty about the future of live music events also contributed to the decision.

The shutdown will not affect Radio Disney in Latin America, which is a separate operation.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/radio-disney-shutting-down-amid-restructuring

BillieGOAT

I feel terribly for all of the folks that will lose their jobs this way :/ It proves that even huge corporations like Disney are suffering during COVID

selenalavigne

Radio Disney has been irrelevant since 2013.

still sad. the end of an era.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

BornAsUnic0rn
11 minutes ago, BillieGOAT said:

I feel terribly for all of the folks that will lose their jobs this way :/ It proves that even huge corporations like Disney are suffering during COVID

Have you read this? 36 people. Some of them part time. 

This wasn’t a matter of COVID, this was a matter of time, COVID might have accelerated it, but not a lot. The main causes are  radio being a dying entertainment field, DR not making much money and Disney focusing on streaming with Disney+.

BillieGOAT
5 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

This wasn’t a matter of COVID, this was a matter of time, COVID might have accelerated it, but not a lot. The main causes are  radio being a dying entertainment field, DR not making much money and Disney focusing on streaming with Disney+.

calm down al pacino GIF

TimisaMonster

Wow...they REALLY must be losing money...they're letting go SOOO many people from their theme parks, Marvel executives, and now their radio station...

And with California experiencing its highest peaks of the virus since the pandemic started...we are working backwards instead of forwards in trying to reopen and get cases down

Disneyland won't be opening anytime soon :bradley:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

GreenDiamond

well radio is corrupt and deserves to die, hope other will be done too and we will see less frauds charting high

Taylucifer

the only thing I know about Radio Disney is that Soon You'll Get Better was the top song for a couple of days:giveup:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Bella Goth
3 hours ago, BillieGOAT said:

i dont think its coveid related, maybe they not success enough so the company be like sike

3 hours ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

You need to Chile sis, @BillieGOAT is right, it is because of the pandemic that they have lost more than 6 billions up to date. That’s way they are adding everything to their streaming services instead. So relax and read an article instead of lashing out on people lol 

6-C943-B16-3896-456-B-AFDC-2-A8-B33-C7-D

Hottie Detector

Archived