Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Glory deluxe vinyl first look with new photos!

Regina George

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

I really REALLY feel like there is no one creative, young (or “gay” for that matter) at RCA! It’s a bunch of post middle aged straight exceedingly white men in polyester grey suits deciding the entire career trajectory of many 21th century pop queens. And failing horrendously! They are not much better at Interscope tbh (that’s for another thread). Record companies need to start hiring (and listening to) real people who love LOVE pop music and cut the 💩 once and for all. AND the critics at many of the music publications aren’t much better. Pop has become a dirty word. We could do with an overhaul on both sides. Too many bad calls being made ruining entire careers and legacies. Enough is enough.

HARD agree about record labels, but critics have been more objective/nicer towards pop music than they have ever been. Poptimism is pretty much the biggest trend of the past few years among music publications, look at how quickly Pitchfork switched from giving Vroom Vroom a 4.5 to hailing everything Charli XCX puts out.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

MeetinDaShadow
3 minutes ago, gag said:

HARD agree about record labels, but critics have been more objective/nicer towards pop music than they have ever been. Poptimism is pretty much the biggest trend of the past few years among music publications, look at how quickly Pitchfork switched from giving Vroom Vroom a 4.5 to hailing everything Charli XCX puts out.

Good point. Though Charli XCX might be an exception. After all she British, and exists on the fringes of pop futurism. Pitchfork was indeed one of the publications I was referring to, they are changing but too little too late. They still don’t review half the pop releases, and when they do it’s often some indie loving NY blow in slagging of the pop artist and failing to see that their idiosyncrasies are part of the play. Kylie’s DISCO is the most recent example. 
What exactly do you mean “hard to agree about record labels?” RCA (and Interscope to an extent), have not don’t their job properly. Though, on sudden revaluation maybe they do less these days, and it’s the artist and their management that should pick up the slack. Miley is after all managed by Britney’s former master Larry Rudolf. Unless your selling sex he doesn’t have a clue.

Regina George
Just now, kukuryku666 said:

What exactly is this :bear:

David LaChapelle took these photos and this is his signature style aka weirdness overload and mixing the unmixable 

MANiCURE 6
9 hours ago, COOOK said:

Well... an image is worth a thousand words, only with Glory's photoshoot we have so many that are worth a thousand more :giveup: Literally shaking my head at the creative team's range. Like cmon, someone explain this to me:

Britney_Spears_-_Femme_Fatale.png rs_600x600-131025100026-600.britney-jean-album-cover.102513.jpg?fit=around%7C700:700&output-quality=90&crop=700:700;center,top Britney_Spears_-_Glory_(Official_Album_Cover).png

It's the versatility for me... :ally:

Archived