Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

A question for you about Christmas on GagaDaily

ChicaSkas

Do you want to see the Advent Calendar on GGD continue?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes, I think it's a cool way to celebrate the Holidays in a Gaga themed way
    • Yes, but I think you should do it a different way, and I'll tell you in the comments
    • Neutral -- I don't care one way or the other
    • No, I hated it, and I'll tell you in the comments why
    • No, it was boring, who downloads stuff these days anyway Chica
    • F*ck yeah, a chance at unreleased anything? Count me in!

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

lady-gaga-tony-bennett-barnes-nobles.gif

winter.gif

What would you guys like to see this year?

Over the past ten years, GagaDaily has had some beautiful and interesting Christmas celebrations. This year will be the first time we've had Spotify playlists for the holidays and actual physical postcards and stickers mailed out to members. (Big props to @Admin for that) It's been a great time to reflect on how far we've come as a fansite, and how much there is left to enjoy and discover about Gaga and her world. 

As some of you remember, I took over doing the yearly Advent calendar of media giveaways from fellow mod @Sam in 2011. Being a hoarder of Gaga sound and media for a long time put me in a ideal position to give choice bits away to the public, or help people discover things they may not have known about. I wanted it to be about education, about fun, and about the community. 

You all approached it many ways. Some of you contributed art you made, in a Christmas theme. Some of you made banging holiday remixes, and some contributed rare snippets, footage or unreleased images. Every one of you wanted to be part of something that gave back, because on Christmas, it's better to give than to receive, and better to dig into the archives and share than to just have it sit and catch digital dust. I am so proud of everyone. I couldn't have done it without you all. You made it worth doing!

We've had everything Gaga related under the sun, like LG cat lipgloss, printable AHS coloring books, remix compilations from years past, interview tidbits, rare HD recordings, even unreleased material back in the day.  It was a good time to be a downloader. 

But as time passes, I have to ask the burning question: does anyone on here even download this kind of thing anymore? Most stuff is ephemeral and streamed, and temporary, and not as rare or as important to people as it was when I started doing this ten years ago.

Do people even care? 

By the way, I'm not saying this to karma farm or imply people should care, I just genuinely want to know.

Most importantly, what would you like to see be done differently, if you could?

Or should we just keep it warm and comfy and traditional the way it always has been?

Is this all much ado about nothing?

To those who worry -- don't, I've already got Advent plans

But what is especially valuable to me right now is your opinions on the matter.

You guys deserve to be involved, and cherished, and celebrated.

(After all, what is a forum without it's members)

SO.... what do you want to see this year?

:excited2:

Gaga-xmas-hat.png

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Tbh I wanna see the old stuff demo snippets we've had in full or better quality. Like why do we not have Do Me Right in HQ, or Private Audition? That's just me being that b haha

ChicaSkas
2 hours ago, kp_centi said:

Tbh I wanna see the old stuff demo snippets we've had in full or better quality. Like why do we not have Do Me Right in HQ, or Private Audition? That's just me being that b haha

No, that's a fair question.... I wonder if the people who ever had that material still do digitally after all this time. Harddrive fail, people lose emails, did they ever burn it to CD? Does that stuff even still exist? Will we ever know....? It's a good question, friend...

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

danbekim

I liked the advent calendars of the past years, everyday we got something different and better than the day before. I think there should be remixes mostly of Chromatica or rare remixes from back in the day and other fun surprises ! :kiss:

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!

ChicaSkas
On 12/5/2020 at 3:19 PM, danbekim said:

I liked the advent calendars of the past years, everyday we got something different and better than the day before. I think there should be remixes mostly of Chromatica or rare remixes from back in the day and other fun surprises ! :kiss:

It's official, Dan, you are my biggest fan. :hug: 

• 3 weeks later...
Original Diva

Chica I've been working on compiling more gaga Xmas mixes and would love to work on another Gagamas for the advent next year! I intended on doing it this year, but got too busy with life! @ChicaSkas 

excuse me no

Archived