💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé being subpoenaed in ‘Black is King’ legal battle

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Beyoncé is being subpoenaed by a Shelter Island resident in a fight over her Disney visual album “Black Is King.”

Shelter Island local Mike Gaynor accused her of filming a “dance-off” on a burial site without proper permits and tried to deliver a subpoena to her East Hamptons compound.

Mike Gaynor, who owns a horse farm on the island, launched legal action against the local town council for allegedly allowing the superstar to shoot a video at a historical site in return for what he alleges was a “substantial fee” — and allegedly without having to obtain the proper permits.

Gaynor claims in court papers that neither Beyoncé nor Disney got permits for the shoot at Sylvester Manor, the former home of slave trader Nathaniel Sylvester. Gaynor owns a neighboring property.

One local told: "The residents here are sick of the town board. We think they give favors to elites like Beyoncé. They don’t care about the Ambulance Corps or the Meals on Wheels programs — they’re only for rich people.”

Disney has said the company had no input on the location and bought the project from Bey, whose reps didn’t comment.

https://pagesix.com/
https://www.vanityfair.com/

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 777777777777777777 said:

Shelter Island local Mike Gaynor

Why do I think he's just Meghan Trainor in drag

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Gaga Lazuli

Yikes,

i’ve always felt that Beyonce only uses Black culture as an aesthetic because it benefits her. 

Little Monsters Torture Me

Cameltoe Chariot

Time and time again Beyonce is proving there's not as much thought or intention behind a lot of what she's been making recently, from the flippant mixing of African motifs and cultures to now filming on the burial site of 200+ enslaved Africans and Indigenous peoples. :awkney:

not people jumping in to drag beyonce for things that have nothing to do with this case. questioning her expression of blackness? OOF. chillax, y'all lol it seems his beef is more with the town council than beyonce. They let elite folks rent stuff and give the run around to everything else. like literally, the case is against the town council not beyonce. y'all really like to bring some questionable takes into something that's fairly innocuous.

His beef is with the town, not Beyonce. She's just a witness. As far as she knew, she asked and received permission from the relevant legal authority.

Also, if the town council allowed it, it's hard to see the difference between that, and "getting a permit".

When is she going to court for Tidal's streaming numbers debacle? She truly is booked and busy, as they say. :billie:

IllusionLover

Why every time she releases a new project there's some sort of controversy around it? like remember last year with the Lion King soundtrack videos when she copied another artist's work and now this.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Chromatography
55 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

Time and time again Beyonce is proving there's not as much thought or intention behind a lot of what she's been making recently, from the flippant mixing of African motifs and cultures to now filming on the burial site of 200+ enslaved Africans and Indigenous peoples. :awkney:

people will still somehow defend her

1 hour ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

Yikes,

i’ve always felt that Beyonce only uses Black culture as an aesthetic because it benefits her. 

1 hour ago, CameltoeKween said:

So y'all just took this clickbait at face value huh?

And you wonder how Q is winning.

The neighbor of Sylvestor Manor Educational Farm decided to sue the town for allowing Beyonce to film at the Manor. But for some reason (and I mean I can't possibly imagine why ) he's also being petty af and suing one of the biggest stars in the planet and telling a trash publication about it. Why? It's not fair rich people get to do rich people things when he, also a very rich person in the Hamptons, wasnt allowed.

And he's being VERY broad with the description "burial ground" "Through the use of ground-penetrating radar, it has been determined that the remains of as many as 200 people may be buried in the small rise of land between the driveway forks, surrounded by a timber fence and enshrouded by pine trees, a release said."

(https://patch.com/new-york/northfork/rehab-begins-afro-indigenous-burial-ground-shelter-island)

Imma go out on a limb and say these scenes werent shot between a driveway fork.

26803b.jpg

26803.jpg?u=1606851288

(https://www.hamptons.com/mobile/The-Arts/On-The-Screen/26803/Shelter-Island-Based-Educational-Farm-Makes-Cameo.html#.X8aa1xVOm2c)

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Archived