Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé being subpoenaed in ‘Black is King’ legal battle

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Roughhouse Dandy

People have filmed beautiful things on the grounds of concentration camps, plantations, Native burial grounds, etc... She made something as a love letter to our ancestors' homelands with the permission of the local authorities and the sign-off from Disney. 

Y'all are just enthusiastic to use literally anything as an opportunity to "knock her down a peg" and it's disappointing to see. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga Lazuli
5 minutes ago, KNJ said:

So y'all just took this clickbait at face value huh?

And you wonder how Q is winning.

The neighbor of Sylvestor Manor Educational Farm decided to sue the town for allowing Beyonce to film at the Manor. But for some reason (and I mean I can't possibly imagine why ) he's also being petty af and suing one of the biggest stars in the planet and telling a trash publication about it. Why? It's not fair rich people get to do rich people things when he, also a very rich person in the Hamptons, wasnt allowed.

And he's being VERY broad with the description "burial ground" "Through the use of ground-penetrating radar, it has been determined that the remains of as many as 200 people may be buried in the small rise of land between the driveway forks, surrounded by a timber fence and enshrouded by pine trees, a release said."

(https://patch.com/new-york/northfork/rehab-begins-afro-indigenous-burial-ground-shelter-island)

Imma go out on a limb and say these scenes werent shot between a driveway fork.

26803b.jpg

26803.jpg?u=1606851288

(https://www.hamptons.com/mobile/The-Arts/On-The-Screen/26803/Shelter-Island-Based-Educational-Farm-Makes-Cameo.html#.X8aa1xVOm2c)

Ok i give you that, but that doesn't change my mind on Beyonce using Black culture because it benefits her. 

Little Monsters Torture Me

9 minutes ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

Ok i give you that, but that doesn't change my mind on Beyonce using Black culture because it benefits her. 

She's Black! :saladga: You can't be accused of appropriating your own damn heritage. Just bc shes proud of it? Wth?

And please explain this "when it benefits her" argument. Her existence as a Black women, famous or not, is black culture.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Galactic Mess
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

not people jumping in to drag beyonce for things that have nothing to do with this case. questioning her expression of blackness? OOF. chillax, y'all lol it seems his beef is more with the town council than beyonce. They let elite folks rent stuff and give the run around to everything else. like literally, the case is against the town council not beyonce. y'all really like to bring some questionable takes into something that's fairly innocuous.

This. It’s not really about her. She did everything legally, it seems.

Gaga Lazuli
11 minutes ago, KNJ said:

She's Black! :saladga: You can't be accused of appropriating your own damn heritage. Just bc shes proud of it? Wth?

And please explain this "when it benefits her" argument. Her existence as a Black women, famous or not, is black culture.

I didn't accuse her of appropriation? 
you would think someone who is proud of her heritage at least would do research to not include stereotypes in a film. The whole film is a romanticized  version of what African culture is, if you don't see the problem with that then to each their own. 

Teletubby
25 minutes ago, KNJ said:

"when it benefits her"

She has no idea for her career other than using Black culture since Everything Is Love. She is overusing it for her own gain.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

26 minutes ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

you would think someone who is proud of her heritage at least would do research to not include stereotypes in a film. The whole film is a romanticized  version of what African culture is, if you don't see the problem with that then to each their own. 

People can be well-meaning and not get it 100% right. There are Africans and Diaspora that love it and those that hate it. There are those very happy that she shot scenes in the ghettos and there are those mad she didn't showcase mansions and highrises instead. There are those mad she showed huts and animal skins and there are those proud to see their actual day-to-day culture and emblems featured. And ofc there are those mad she mostly shot in West Africa and couldn't somehow fit every single African tribe and music style in this one film. And that's what it comes down to, you can't satisfy everyone.

I wonder if you would agree that film, culture and the list of positive representation of POC,  is better or worse for having this heartfelt, well-intentioned, imperfect love letter to black beauty/strength, than nothing at all?

Personally, I would take 1000 BIKs over seeing the best Black actors of our time still playing maids, slaves and nurses.  :ohwell:

Gaga Lazuli
9 minutes ago, KNJ said:

People can be well-meaning and not get it 100% right. There are Africans and Diaspora that love it and those that hate it. There are those very happy that she shot scenes in the ghettos and there are those mad she didn't showcase mansions and highrises instead. There are those mad she showed huts and animal skins and there are those proud to see their actual day-to-day culture and emblems featured. And ofc there are those mad she mostly shot in West Africa and couldn't somehow fit every single African tribe and music style in this one film. And that's what it comes down to, you can't satisfy everyone.

I wonder if you would agree that film, culture and the list of positive representation of POC,  is better or worse for having this heartfelt, well-intentioned, imperfect love letter to black beauty/strength, than nothing at all?

Personally, I would take 1000 BIKs over seeing the best Black actors of our time still playing maids, slaves and nurses.  :ohwell:

I do agree that having that representation is important, but at least do it well. The intention is there but the execution is.. well, I already said how I feel about it. 

43 minutes ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

That’s the point, though...it’s something of a fairytale thus it is intentionally combining elements from all over Africa to create this Black African celebration and fantasy. It isn’t supposed to be wholly rooted in fact; it’s not a docuseries lol

38 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

She is overusing it for her own gain.

Explain "overuse". For a long time, she couldn't be this vocal or "Black" , just like many of us in our day-to-day. Once she had the leverage in her career to do as she pleased, she spoke her mind. She is the most famous Black woman in the world. If she didn't use her platform to raise her people, that would be the issue. Her Blackness is hers. Her Black experience is hers. Her Black heritage is hers. A Black person cannot "overuse" their Blackness by simply expressing their love for it.

I swear people talk about her like she's a white woman passing for Black. I honestly wonder if this would even be an issue if she was shades darker. 

Teletubby
1 minute ago, KNJ said:

Explain "overuse".

She uses it from few years in her projects and did nothing else and this is the only thing that keeps her relevant. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

6 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

That’s the point, though...it’s something of a fairytale thus it is intentionally combining elements from all over Africa to create this Black African celebration and fantasy. It isn’t supposed to be wholly rooted in fact; it’s not a docuseries lol

THANK YOU! People talk like it's a documentary and not an interpretation of a Disney fairytale via visual album.And

“Black Is King” offered an aural and visual rendering of Afrofuturistic Blackness in the 21st century, with a Disney-size budget to match her monumental aspirations. Beyoncé wants viewers to confront modern Blackness, which was built on an ancient and multifaceted past that neither begins nor ends with the transatlantic slave trade.

Afrofuturism...is the conscious practice of imagining what Black people could be in the future, grounded on who they were in the past. Who would we be if we remembered who we were?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/04/beyonc-shows-that-modern-blackness-neither-begins-nor-ends-with-slavery/

Gaga Lazuli
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Wth? Nope. That is the problem. People only see Africa as a continent and not as different countries. I hope you know there’s different African cultures right? Mixing cultures is problematic af. Also “fairytale” “fantasy” wth? 

55 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

She uses it from few years in her projects and did nothing else and this is the only thing that keeps her relevant. 

So...because she only seems to find projects with an strong message of empowerment worth doing -- with little interest in using her very powerful image/presence/platform for anything other than that -- its clearly obvious that her very involved, years-long artistic and philanthropic projects can only be a ploy to stay relevent. 

Whitney Houston Reaction GIF

Literally bending over backwards to hate :oprah:

Archived