💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

His Dark Materials

BlueRose

Featured Posts

Esteban
1 hour ago, Rudz Xinc said:

Nothing major, nothing regarding the plot, just the look. This is rated PG. I wished it's rated R.

Reveal hidden contents

The angels described as naked. :huntyga:

Maybe it will be represented like HorcruxMione?

I can't wait to find out how they look

Spoiler

Maybe we'll see angels this sunday in episode 5, considering Ruta wants to find Asriel and that witches go through the window at the end of the last episode. It matches with first time we saw them in The Subtle Knife book

Also

Spoiler

I want to see the relationship between Baruch and Baltamos :bradley:

And talking about angels, in season 2 episode 4...

Spoiler

The voice of the cave is dubbed by the actress who was casted to play the rebel angel leader Xaphania, Sophie Okonedo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudz Xinc
47 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Maybe it will be represented like HorcruxMione?

I can't wait to find out how they look

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe we'll see angels this sunday in episode 5, considering Ruta wants to find Asriel and that witches go through the window at the end of the last episode. It matches with first time we saw them in The Subtle Knife book

Also

Reveal hidden contents

I want to see the relationship between Baruch and Baltamos :bradley:

And talking about angels, in season 2 episode 4...

Reveal hidden contents

The voice of the cave is dubbed by the actress who was casted to play the rebel angel leader Xaphania, Sophie Okonedo

I can't want for episode 5. Only 4 episodes left. :messga:

And I'm pretty sure we'll wait at least 2 years for season 3 if they haven't started shooting.

Look at those clowns

Esteban
3 hours ago, Rudz Xinc said:

I can't want for episode 5. Only 4 episodes left. :messga:

And I'm pretty sure we'll wait at least 2 years for season 3 if they haven't started shooting.

Yes I wish more people watch the show, I need to see The Amber Spyglass adapted once at screen :bradley:

Spoiler

But I already know church will not be pleased :yennefer:

Rudz Xinc

Episode 5 seems pretty slow. The whole episode just about taking back the Alethiometer.

Spoiler

In episode 4 we saw witches travel thru the window, but nothing on that story in episode 5.

They need to pick up the pace, because we only have 2 more episodes left. :madge:

Look at those clowns

On 12/1/2020 at 9:43 PM, Rudz Xinc said:

Why? We waited one year for season 2

And it's not like they can't shoot these days

Rudz Xinc
12 hours ago, NoahSuns said:

Why? We waited one year for season 2

And it's not like they can't shoot these days

Because season 1 and 2 had done shooting before season 1 even premiered as I remember. That's why we don't have to wait too long for season 2.

Look at those clowns

boyerased
On 12/2/2020 at 7:00 AM, Esteban said:

Yes I wish more people watch the show, I need to see The Amber Spyglass adapted once at screen :bradley:

Hide contents

But I already know church will not be pleased :yennefer:

This is why I find it odd that it’s a “children’s book” tbh. Particularly Amber Spyglass. 

The witch attack could’ve been GOT-level epicness but it was maybe 2 minutes long :saladga: a great episode (season 2 getting better and better) but their pacing needs work

Kadikaado

I watched the series untill episode 7 of season 1.

Actually I just finished reading The Book of Dust La Belle Sauvage and The Secret Commonwealth and wow, these books are amazing.

La Belle Sauvage is officially my favorite book from His Dark Materials series. Malcolm Postead is a perfect protagonist, so lovable, his love for baby Lyra is really touching.

Also the conflict between Lyra and Pan in The Secret Commonwealth is so perfect to expand the universe of the series.

I have several questions about the books:

Philip Pullman always says that there are people with the daemon of the same sex, but there never was a character, even someone in passing with a daemon of the same sex. It makes me wonder if these people are transgender?

In His Dark Materials series he speaks about a man with a dolphin or a small whale, I don't know for sure as a daemon, but what truly amazes me is that the biggest daemon we've seen so far was Lord Asriel's daemon. It's like no one has a cow for a daemon, or a deer, or a horse, or a bear. I wonder how the buses, cars and trains are in the world of Lyra. Do these people have special seating places to acomodate their daemons? Remember that it's taboo to touch somebody else's daemon, so it's not like they can be crammed together. I just want a character with a camel for daemon, everyone has a cat, dog or wolf, sometimes a lizard or a small bird for daemon. I want to learn how is the life of someone with a big daemon in this world, what are their challenges.

I just say to you guys: READ LA BELLE SAUVAGE. It's so good, you can't stop reading once you get into the final 200 pages.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Rudz Xinc
24 minutes ago, weed said:

The witch attack could’ve been GOT-level epicness but it was maybe 2 minutes long :saladga: a great episode (season 2 getting better and better) but their pacing needs work

The action has been a let down so far. It was quick and uneventful.

Look at those clowns

Esteban
4 hours ago, Kimihiro said:

This is why I find it odd that it’s a “children’s book” tbh. Particularly Amber Spyglass. 

Children are more open minded about this kind of topics and bible can appear as a fantasy tale for them too. I was 12 the first time I read the books and I took it as an initiatic journey with action, friendship, mysteries, epic battles, and a wonderful love story. :sara:
Even if I didn't understand everything it allowed me to be interested with serious philosophical, theological, physics, and  anthropological topics like nature/culture, oppression/freedom, hominization, quantum physics...
And it was only when I reread them with a sufficient cultural background that I saw all this deep layers, the ecological message, the criticism of religions and also, that I was able to see it as a rewriting of Paradise Lost of Milton.
So it works wonderfully for both children and adults in my opinion, this is a total masterpiece :applause:

bloody g

I watched the first episode yesterday and it looked promising :flower: def going to continue it

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived