💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kelly Clarkson’s ex is seeking $5.2 million on child support per year

Kimmo

Featured Posts

FrederickSpears

He's a greedy leach and never liked him. Glad Reba divorced his dad, too. Trash!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luke78619
4 hours ago, frederiickx said:

Because he is going to have the kids sometimes too he can request child support if she makes more money than he does. It's so stupid.

Idgi, he’s a fully grown adult

maybe ive watched too much judge Judy :smh: but if she has the kids then I would’ve thought he needs to pay her for the children, and if he needs money then he needs to get a job or higher paying job, judge Judy would have none of his bullshit and would’ve told him if he can’t afford to look after his kids, then he shouldn’t have had them :smh: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Versace

Can someone explain this to me please, how do Divorce laws work in America?

Like say you're unhappy in your marriage and just want to go your separate ways?

Why would either of the couple need spousal support? That's like someone breaking up and then suing to get paid for it. Like get a job for God sake like everyone else. In that case it's only making people reluctant to get married. Also why would one spouse be entitled to pay the attorney fees of another spouse.

The child support part I get, but what guarantees that he'll spend it on the children. The law should look into this aspect. 

bionic
1 hour ago, Versace said:

Can someone explain this to me please, how do Divorce laws work in America?

Like say you're unhappy in your marriage and just want to go your separate ways?

Why would either of the couple need spousal support? That's like someone breaking up and then suing to get paid for it. Like get a job for God sake like everyone else. In that case it's only making people reluctant to get married. Also why would one spouse be entitled to pay the attorney fees of another spouse.

The child support part I get, but what guarantees that he'll spend it on the children. The law should look into this aspect. 

Spousal support is about levelling the playing field between partners and their incomes, usually when the mother of a child took time off work to raise children/become a housewife. The spousal support (usually set for a fixed period of time) is supposed to acknowledge that the person was set back whereas the other one continued to progress. For example:

A and B meet. Both earn $20,000 dollars a year. They have kids and B decides to be a housewife. Five years later they divorce. A now earns $200,000 a year, whereas B is unemployed. When B goes back to work, they'll probably still only earn around $20,000 because they haven't had those 5 years of work experience. A judge might award spousal maintenance for five years at a rate of $10,000 a year in acknowledgement of this.

There's no legal guarantee that child support is spent on children. It often isn't. Its not money for the kids. Its money for the kids lifestyle.

buy bionic

bionic
7 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

As if a judge believes he needs $5 million to survive and take care of a child...people survive off of WAY less and you'd never even tell...

It all comes down to..."Me and the kid are used to a certain "lifestyle" so we need THIS amount of money minimum" 

From a lawyers perspective 101...you always shoot high but your real number is probably a lot lower. So if he gets the $5 mil great...if he gets 2.5...thats fine too cuz that's probably what he actually wanted 

Probably also hoping for a bit of hush money so Kelly doesn't waste more on laywer fees

buy bionic

Archived