💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

About the Monster Ball 1.0 ...

papergangstas

Featured Posts

papergangstas

Why didn't Gaga perform Telephone on the Monster Ball 1.0? She released TFM before her 1.0 Tour started and I think during that time it was even known that Telephone would be the second single. Like, why would she snub Telephone from her 1.0 setlist, but perform Fashion (2009), Paper Gangsta and Eh, Eh? :oprah: She performed all of the other 7 songs from the album, but not Telephone :oprah:

One of me is wiser. One of me is stronger. One of me is a fighter, and there's a thousand faces of me, Army of me

papergangstas
3 minutes ago, Red said:

She hates Telephone :bear: 

Maybe she was salty that Britney's management refused Telephone, and her team made her record it and put Beyonce on it for sales, and therefore she snubbed it on her 1.0 tour before they forced her to release it as a single and it became a hit and then she had to perform it on her 2.0 Tour :bear: you never know :bear:

edit: I always had this gut feeling that she was forced to put Telephone on TFM to have a "safe" single that will gain popularity due to it's sound and obviously Beyonce, but she never really wanted it. 

One of me is wiser. One of me is stronger. One of me is a fighter, and there's a thousand faces of me, Army of me

Maybe it didn't fit anywhere in the setlist? The only place I can see it is somewhere in the Boys Boys Boys/Paper Gangsta/Poker Face section

Borislshere

For some reason, I just don’t see telephone fitting that version of the tour. Along with Eh eh. It’s one of my favorite moments of the arena tour though 

Sneaky Oliver

Maybe she was just keeping the premiere live performance for its single era :shrug: 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Dr Fudge

If I recall correctly, she was kinda weird about performing Telephone at first. Pretty sure her first live performance was her Jonathan Ross set, months after the album dropped. An iconic performance, nevertheless!

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

dynamite
31 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Who can blame her :oops:

Stop talking, stop talking, I don't wanna hear anymore

You left your lack of taste on the dancefloor :neyde:

1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Maybe she was just keeping the premiere live performance for its single era :shrug: 

this

Tyler1992

If I remember correctly, she didn't perform it at Monster Ball 2.0 until after the video dropped. I think she may have been keeping everything a surprise (but I can't remember).

Where is LG7

she wasnt able to pay for her telephone bill yet 

all went to the stage costumes and hoo ha has

ot: she saved it for the official single release then decided to perform it live

numb the flame
16 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

If I remember correctly, she didn't perform it at Monster Ball 2.0 until after the video dropped. I think she may have been keeping everything a surprise (but I can't remember).

She performed it on the first night of the arena version, however they didn't have the instrumental so you could barely hear her actually singing the track. She just didn't perform it on the theatre version for some reason. 

20 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

The video dropped a week or so before the 2.0 tour started

She was definitely saving until it became a single/ video came out... maybe the choreo hadn't been decided when 1.0 started 

MaMaMarryTheNight
20 hours ago, numb the flame said:

She performed it on the first night of the arena version, however they didn't have the instrumental so you could barely hear her actually singing the track. She just didn't perform it on the theatre version for some reason. 

I know she didn’t but this literally sounded like playback 

Also this wig and Outfit. A mess. I can’t at how the tour evolved over it’s lifespan :firega:

âš”ïžđŸ’– THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUEđŸ’–âš”ïž

Archived