Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes reveals struggles with body image

COOOK

Featured Posts

" Shawn Mendes recently opened up about finding self-confidence and learning how to not be overly critical about his body image.

[...]

Mendes also admitted that he wanted to maintain a squeaky clean image in the beginning of his career. “I held myself accountable to that image of not doing anything wrong, or saying anything wrong. [It's been] so hard over the last few years,” he shared. “It’s not that it has got me here, but it is a part of where I am.”

Thankfully, Mendes now realizes that he can't achieve perfection, and that he is more than just the image that is portrayed in the media. He revealed that his friends and family would remind him that he is not his body, voice or songs. "You are you and people love you because of you," his loved ones tell him.

Although he has those reminders, he still feels the occasional pressure to obtain an unrealistic standard. “Some days I would have three hours of sleep," he said. "I’d get up two hours early just to be able to work out," all to quiet the nagging notion that would tell him, “If you don’t work out, you’re going to lose fans.”

He credits journaling and meditation as outlets that have helped him re-focus. The time at home during the pandemic has also helped improve his mental health. Mendes also credits his girlfriend, Camila Cabello, for changing his mind about his body image. "

Source. Full British GQ interview here.

Enx3v1nXYAMTSAT?format=jpg&name=large Enx3v14XMAAShGv?format=jpg&name=medium

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipper

200.gif

Camila sucked all the body image negativity away.

happy hour drinking GIF

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Blastertoyo

Unfortunately his sugary popstar image doesn’t show us much more of who he is as a person...

every video he’s shirtless or showing his armpits in a tank top 

I get that he obviously doesn’t have that much creative control and it’s not necessarily his choice to have this image but if he doesn’t tell us or show us who he is... people can only work with what they have.

good for him for speaking out and expressing it now but it just doesn’t align with his “image” because were so used to out of context sexy scenes from him 

original.gif

502.gif

5ccbc0dcf9c4da1562c48a61?ops=contain(148

please enlighten me to death

5 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Kim Kardashian People Are Dying GIF

Not to be that person but lots of people actually feel suicidal (and even kill themselves) because of body dysmorphia issues. I know we all like to have fun but let’s not be too harsh. :heart:

5 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I'm starting to dislike him this era when last era I wanted him to sit on my face. :oprah:

That's so funny bcs I was just thinking I'm starting to like him now :billie:

JusKeepBreathin

I don't really understand how people can post negative things about self actualization. It's not "edgy" to be that negative about someone's personal journey. Be critical of his work all you want.

1*ZPqaktnGeujvLZ6wI7Np_A.png

Maslow's hierarchy of needs. 

I mean, I doubt Shawn knows this, but it describes the last two steps of Maslow's pyramid.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

papergangstas
22 minutes ago, GNZAREVILO said:

Wtf is that :toofunny:

the spread of the corona virus :poot:

One of me is wiser. One of me is stronger. One of me is a fighter, and there's a thousand faces of me, Army of me

Archived