💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

The Guardian: ROM best song of the year

Slovakialop

Featured Posts

Regina George
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

You are mistaken in interpreting that only what Gaga means is plausible. In the world of art, both the artist's and the admirer's meanings could count as long as the case can be put forth convincingly, and the author did explain why s/he loved it. So it's really irrelevant what Gaga's intentions were.

Again, even if Blinding Lights had better technical execution, which is still debatable because some might just say Rain On Me has better ones, you discounting 'good message =/= best song of 2020' is dangerously simplified. It once again suggests that only your perception is accurate and that the author's is totally not.

There is simply no such absolute objectivity in art.

If the artist says that he wanted to paint a car, then it’s the car even if you see a giraffe. If the artist already explains meaning of something then it is the only meaning possible. You acting as if this is so deep when it really isn’t is beyond me. Like I said not gonna argue why ROM is not the best sing released this year with someone who thinks everything Gaga releases is this profound piece of art. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
2 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Finally someone with taste:saira:. Gosh im starting to get very irritated with the constant inserting dua in every thread.:fthis: its just one article qhile dua got so many noms. Can we just not be happy for this.:fthis:

Isn’t she on the list? So mentioning her is completely on topic? Yes. 

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

If the artist already explains meaning of something then it is the only meaning possible.

Sorry as someone who actually studies and has participated in discussions of this nature, I can't agree with this simplified false conclusion.

DoremonLove
Just now, Regina George said:

Isn’t she on the list? So mentioning her is completely on topic? Yes. 

Yes but didnt u have problem with ppl speaking abt gaga in entertainment section threads. Even tho tht entertainment section is in a GAGA forum?. And u r not mention her u are again trying to show how dua and weekend songs are better. Didnt u create a whole a## thread how dua is hated. Just after tht thread i have see u everywhere putting gaga down to make dua look better??. 

How can anoyone not love gaga

Regina George
5 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Sorry as someone who actually studies and has participated in discussions of this nature, I can't agree with this simplified false conclusion.

Just because you studied something doesn’t mean your opinion is right :saladga:

4 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Yes but didnt u have problem with ppl speaking abt gaga in entertainment section threads. Even tho tht entertainment section is in a GAGA forum?. And u r not mention her u are again trying to show how dua and weekend songs are better. Didnt u create a whole a## thread how dua is hated. Just after tht thread i have see u everywhere putting gaga down to make dua look better??. 

I wasn’t bringing anyone down. I literally just said there are songs that are more deserving of no1. Also I was shutting down people saying Gaga is lazy, negatively trying to bring Gaga’s integrity down. You being rude rn being mad because I said some song is better than another seems like a personal issue and a anger management problem. Also my PMs are open for you to send me those posts where I’m “bringing Gaga down in every thread.” I’m interested to see that and if you cannot do that then stop sharing false accusations around.Just because people stan other artists doesn’t mean they don’t love Gaga. Get used to that concept. And work on that anger management. 

DoremonLove
8 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Just because you studied something doesn’t mean your opinion is right :saladga:

I wasn’t bringing anyone down. I literally just said there are songs that are more deserving of no1. Also I was shutting down people saying Gaga is lazy, negatively trying to bring Gaga’s integrity down. You being rude rn being mad because I said some song is better than another seems like a personal issue and a anger management problem. Also my PMs are open for you to send me those posts where I’m “bringing Gaga down in every thread.” I’m interested to see that and if you cannot do that then stop sharing false accusations around.Just because people stan other artists doesn’t mean they don’t love Gaga. Get used to that concept. And work on that anger management. 

Just in this thread btw. Everyone was chilled and having fun. Lets not go personal abt issues like anger management. Seems like u have some issue bcoz u are the only one making noise abt which song shuld be 1st and which shuldnt. Its ok to stan other artist no ones forcing u. But u are bringing negativity in a positive thread. Its just an article not everyone is going to kiss dua and keep her 1 . This is a concept u shuld understand. Stop shoving dua down others throat in the name of "i like other artist not just gaga" u have uses this line way too may times. Give it up its annoying. Let ppl have fun with just ONE ARTICLE. 

Last reply to u bcoz seems u have too much time to cry abt dua but i dont.

How can anoyone not love gaga

vyniildisk
35 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I’m sorry I love Gaga with all my heart but ROM, WAP and Savage over Blinding Lights and Physical? This list is just not it. Sometimes you gotta be objective. 

And don’t try to drag me for being objective. I am happy to see Gaga on the list but ROM is not the best song of 2020 sonically or lyrically. 

Thanks! I probably said this before but ROM was not the best song on Chromatica and the only reason i think Gaga released it its because someway she managed to get Ariana on the song! Without Ariana i honestly think ROM wouldn't even make it to the album. I find the production very dated, the lyrics a little cringey and uncreative, i was so disappointed she choose that song over other gems on Chromatica just to get a quick cheap push from Ariana Grande stans, it felt desesperate and low for an artist like her. Ariana is an AMAZING singer and they totally wasted her in this song. 

39 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Good lord. I am a student of literature and let me tell you that one way to destroy art is to assume that everything has to come from the writer's mind.

No that's not how art works. Art is composed with a fixed set of elements with specific dynamics and relationships. The creator's intentions do not define what interpretations are true or not. It's the convincing and meaningful relations that the admirer gleans that count.

I know that, I studied literature as well but just because you relate to the song in a personal way doesn't necessarily mean that IS what the song is about. Rain On Me was written before covid was a thing lol

Also they say that ROM is “technically” a breakup song, meaning it literally is:oprah:

Patriziaa Reggiani

Enough of "ROM is not a great song" as if "All night I'll Riot with you" are some groundbreaking lyrics, Atleast ROM has top notch singing and far better lyrics.

I will not watch House of Gucci

Regina George
5 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Just in this thread btw. Everyone was chilled and having fun. Lets not go personal abt issues like anger management. Seems like u have some issue bcoz u are the only one making noise abt which song shuld be 1st and which shuldnt. Its ok to stan other artist no ones forcing u. But u are bringing negativity in a positive thread. Its just an article not everyone is going to kiss dua and keep her 1 . This is a concept u shuld understand. Stop shoving dua down others throat in the name of "i like other artist not just gaga" u have uses this line way too may times. Give it up its annoying. Let ppl have fun with just ONE ARTICLE. 

Last reply to u bcoz seems u have too much time to cry abt dua but i dont.

I am so sorry. This is a forum. People are supposed to discuss. I shared my opinion and then people started quoting me furthermore dragging the topic (including you). You said I keep mentioning her in every thread BUT I know for a fact I never mentioned her in any threads conserning Gaga except for this one (she was also on the list). I’m not the one crying about anything, seems like you are actually about my opinions. Also I’m not forbidding anyone from having fun. If you like fake lists and undeserving positions then so be it. Take care. 

Regina George
6 minutes ago, Chroma said:

Enough of "ROM is not a great song" as if "All night I'll Riot with you" are some groundbreaking lyrics, Atleast ROM has top notch singing and far better lyrics.

Physical’s production in superior, Blinding Light’s lyrics AND production are superior*

take care 

Archived