💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Was ARTPOP meant to be stripped-down

Lighter

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

I don't think it was necessarily indicative of the sound, but rather to the concept of ARTPOP. The whole idea of being free, letting the music take you to a place in your mind. The title track fits really well with these promo photos, both in concept and sound

End Racism Now

MonsterMom

ARTPOP is perfect exactly how it is. Don’t know what she wanted it to be, but she turned out a masterpiece :tony:

I don't know what style has to do with this, since an EDM album can have any style :ladyhaha:

But I feel like the album IT'S personal, Swine, ARTPOP, Applause, Gypsy and Dope, they all are very personal.

And it's even more personal if we include songs like Temple and Brooklyn Nights, they seemed to talk a lot about Gaga's private life.

💜

Kadikaado

The original plan was to release an app with it where you can make your own remixes of the songs, so ARTPOP could mean anything, it could be anything.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

HausOfAntonio

No, the whole point of ARTPOP is the healing potential of unabashed and unapologetic electronic music. 

Not you thinking gaga being stripped down is indicative of a stripped down sound :rip: you took it kind of literally i think

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Was TFM meant to be stripped down?

41INcOLUheL._SX425_.jpg

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Werewolves Wanted
18 minutes ago, reversewarhol said:

Yes and no. Part of ARTPOP’s concept was about her old self (Stefani) her as a brunette and who she was as Stefani. Ex. Aura is about who she is behind Gaga,Stefani. Swine is about what she went through at 19 when she was just Stefani and not Gaga. Brooklyn Nights is about mourning her old self. MANiCURE is an ode to her raver days and her era as a burlesque dancer. 

... how am I now just learning these things about my favorite gaga album :toofunny: it’s even better for me now 

TimisaMonster

Gaga always intended to make ARTPOP an EDM album...we got duped when Gaga said LG5 was gonna be about the art of darkness and produced by redone and ended up being a stripped down country pop album...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Oriane

Part of ARTPOP was showing people who she was behind the outfits, wigs, makeup, etc... So she took it literally and said: "ok, this is me behind the outfits, I'm naked now. Oh, this shocks you too? Make up your mind!"

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

ToxicHot
3 hours ago, reversewarhol said:

Yes and no. Part of ARTPOP’s concept was about her old self (Stefani) her as a brunette and who she was as Stefani. Ex. Aura is about who she is behind Gaga,Stefani. Swine is about what she went through at 19 when she was just Stefani and not Gaga. Brooklyn Nights is about mourning her old self and her days in Brooklyn . MANiCURE is an ode to her raver days and her era as a burlesque dancer. She was playing her old self through most of the ARTPOP era. 

Nice analysis! I never quite thought of it like that - as an ode to Stefani. This idea puts so much more emphasis on the "being free" concept. The album is so complex and has so much going on. :omg: It still blows my mind. She's such an enigma on this record.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived