💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Main Problem with Chromatica

GovernmentGaga

Featured Posts

littlepotter

You know what you're right :saladga: i love the album, but gaga-wise, the rare times she spoke about it, she made it sound like a chore. She clearly (to me, from what we have seen so far) does not care about the album.

chaeri pls

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
metalguru

I do feel like Chromatica happened because she wanted to increase her streaming numbers with a pure pop album that is easy to digest. Maybe she is slightly annoyed that her best work, Born This Way, is not recognized by critics and absent from decade-end lists while albums like Anti is praised to heavens. Well, there is no need to act offensively. I am reading a lot of positive comments about her future acting projects but to me she is that glam avant-garde pop artist waiting to explore her true potential. Shallow is an eternal hit now but still when is her ultimate artful declaration is going to expressed is the question in my head. And such album would be a futuristic one, sleek, cold, emotional, moving... Both projects, A Star is Born and Chromatica, are looking backwards. And Joanne is musically very, very stiff. It does not got anywhere. And it has shockingly uninspiring moments like Come to Mama. And I do not see her surrounded by inspiring musicians. Bloodpop just helped Rina to release a bad song, first in her short but effective career. I would rather see Gaga working with someone who knows what Art-Pop is and infusing Roxy Music/Bowie/Kate Bush/Bjork kind of dark aristocracy into Gaga's palette with fresh tones. Right now, she looks both artistically and commercially confused and, beg my language, disadvantaged and dependent. Don't kill me but 1000 Doves and Plastic Doll are sort of embarrassing for Gaga's artistic vision. It breaks my heart to see her wasting her gargantuan talent with lazy choices. They feel like b-sides, not album tracks. Her psyche is also quite sensitive for such bad decisions. I want to see her not worrying about a thing but her musical experiences. I am sure that moment will arrive and she will release another bold piece of work like Born This Way -but this time with more innovation and communication. 

I understand that she needed to rebrand her name but now I am seeking for a big leap of a jump to unknown and exciting territories. I know she is still that curious and weird kid who loves T.Rex or Grace Jones. Also, we all have to expand our horizon about what pop is. Even the Sex Pistols or R.E.M. are doing pop music. Or Buzzcocks. Or Tori Amos. Pop is melodic accessibility with freshness and style. The argument of her not making pop albums is saddening. She should drop EDM (bad pun) as soon as possible and go with either full experimental electronica or lush instrumentals or Bowie-like jazzy artfulness. The sky is the limit, really. 

Chromatica did its job. I hope she releases her next album within a year. It is not likely but I don't think she would embrace her most recent release with love in these upcoming years. She needs change, and we do need change. Let's not forget she hasn't release her Lemonade/Melodrama/Anti sort-of album. Yes, Chromatica got acclaimed but one cannot duplicate Chromatica's sound. It is one and done. Next move should be bold, matured, confident, and cold. I do think that she also needs to work on her narrative. I want to hear more from her, and sometimes more is less, sometimes more is a serious face with a thunder on forehead. 

littlepotter
35 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

I'm sorry but this thread is based on speculations and rather about what YOU feel about her not what she actually feels. 

And that's the definition of an OPINION thread. You could've save yourself a lot of energy

chaeri pls

LGMonster95
4 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Even ARTPOP was traumatic for her in different ways...Joanne was about healing her Trump supporting dad through an album named after her dead aunt she barely knew...and Chromatica yeah...we get the pattern...its like her last album she enjoyed making was BTW

That was just a wish that she wanted to make with Joanne because that album was mostly about herself, her name is also Joanne and she used this name to make a connection to her lost aunt. She always had a personal connection to her aunt, if you payed attention she even has a poem for Joanne on the booklet of The Fame album.....

LGMonster95
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

And that's the definition of an OPINION thread. You could've save yourself a lot of energy

No because some people needs to be reminded that what they think is not equal with what is actually happening because a lot of "opinions" tends to be taken as actual facts

MessyTop
5 minutes ago, metalguru said:

I do feel like Chromatica happened because she wanted to increase her streaming numbers with a pure pop album that is easy to digest. Maybe she is slightly annoyed that her best work, Born This Way, is not recognized by critics and absent from decade-end lists while albums like Anti is praised to heavens. Well, there is no need to act offensively. I am reading a lot of positive comments about her future acting projects but to me she is that glam avant-garde pop artist waiting to explore her true potential. Shallow is an eternal hit now but still when is her ultimate artful declaration is going to expressed is the question in my head. And such album would be a futuristic one, sleek, cold, emotional, moving... Both projects, A Star is Born and Chromatica, are looking backwards. And I do not see her surrounded by inspiring musicians. Bloodpop just helped Rina to release a bad song, first in her short but effective career. I would rather see Gaga working with someone who knows what Art-Pop is and infusing Roxy Music/Bowie/Kate Bush/Bjork kind of dark aristocracy into Gaga's palette with fresh tones. Don't kill me but 1000 Doves and Plastic Doll are sort of embarrassing for Gaga's artistic vision. They feel like b-sides, not album tracks. Her psyche is also quite sensitive for such bad decisions. I want to see her not worrying about a thing but her musical experiences. I am sure that moment will arrive and she will release another bold piece of work like Born This Way -but this time with more innovation and communication. 

I understand that she needed to rebrand her name but now I am seeking for a big leap of a jump to unknown and exciting territories. I know she is still that curious and weird kid who loves T.Rex or Grace Jones. 

Chromatica did its job. I hope she releases her next album within a year. It is not likely but I don't think she would embrace her most recent release with love in these upcoming years. She needs change, and we do need change. Let's not forget she hasn't release her Lemonade/Melodrama/Anti sort-of album. Yes, Chromatica got acclaimed but one cannot duplicate Chromatica's sound. It is one and done. Next move should be bold, matured, confident, and cold. I do think that she also needs to work on her narrative. I want to hear more from her, and sometimes more is less, sometimes more is a serious face with a thunder on forehead. 

Well said. She’ll take her time, and she needs a new sounds and producers. It’s time to move on. 

littlepotter
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

No because some people needs to be reminded that what they think is not equal with what is actually happening because a lot of "opinions" tends to be taken as actual facts

Taken by whom? The user clearly is stating his opinion. If somebody wants to consider him a psychic who knows what's happening in her soul, that's on them. We need to stop coming for everyone who has an opinion on Gaga that's not pristine.

chaeri pls

Jose P

I agree, you made good points. I think something fans aren’t taking into consideration is her mental health, trying to see what exactly is the cause for the things she does or doesn’t do. I don’t believe she stops promoting or hides because she wants, oh out of spite bc she hates us. There’s always a reason, and we know she struggles with a lot of things. There’s a possibility she wasn’t ready to release and she did it to please the fans, maybe she didn’t even want to do dance pop but did it to also please the fans who complained about C2C and Joanne. There’s also maybe the possibility she lost faith in the album after everything that happened. Or she disconnected herself with this music after being involved in ASIB. 

Fans seem to hold on to this specific image of Gaga. They want dark, badass, enigmatic Gaga. BTW-TFM Gaga. But she obviously doesn’t feel connected to that persona anymore. That is normal, artists change and evolve. She’s definitely been though things that made her fall a little bit out of love from the pop star persona. You can tell she feels much more happier doing other genres. And that is fine. I strongly believe what the fans want and her desire to please us is holding her back. She should let herself evolve. I love Chromatica but I would love it if she did whatever she wants next. And honestly, i know I’m not the only one who thinks she will. Chromatica might be her last fully dance pop album in a long while.

MessyTop
5 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Relax. Is just an opinion. We are discussing Gaga in a Gaga board. Nobody is being disrespectful or rude. It’s all good. 

MessyTop
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

I agree, you made good points. I think something fans aren’t taking into consideration is her mental health, trying to see what exactly is the cause for the things she does or doesn’t do. I don’t believe she stops promoting or hides because she wants, oh out of spite bc she hates us. There’s always a reason, and we know she struggles with a lot of things. There’s a possibility she wasn’t ready to release and she did it to please the fans, maybe she didn’t even want to do dance pop but did it to also please the fans who complained about C2C and Joanne. There’s also maybe the possibility she lost faith in the album after everything that happened. Or she disconnected herself with this music after being involved in ASIB. 

Fans seem to hold on to this specific image of Gaga. They want dark, badass, enigmatic Gaga. BTW-TFM Gaga. But she obviously doesn’t feel connected to that persona anymore. That is normal, artists change and evolve. She’s definitely been though things that made her fall a little bit out of love from the pop star persona. You can tell she feels much more happier doing other genres. And that is fine. I strongly believe what the fans want and her desire to please us is holding her back. She should let herself evolve. I love Chromatica but I would love it if she did whatever she wants next. And honestly, i know I’m not the only one who thinks she will. Chromatica might be her last fully dance pop album in a long while.

I agree. She’s  evolving and only time will tell. 

metalguru
1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

I agree. She’s  evolving and only time will tell. 

Also, we all have to expand our horizon about what pop is. Even the Sex Pistols or R.E.M. are doing pop music. Or Buzzcocks. Or Tori Amos. Pop is melodic accessibility with freshness and style. The argument of her not making pop albums is saddening. She should drop EDM (bad pun) as soon as possible and go with either full experimental electronica or lush instrumentals or Bowie-like jazzy artfulness. The sky is the limit, really. 

Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, Suuus said:

I disagree because gaga made a video for 911 wich wasnt a succesfull  single 

And John Wayne 

please enlighten me to death

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Taken by whom? The user clearly is stating his opinion. If somebody wants to consider him a psychic who knows what's happening in her soul, that's on them. We need to stop coming for everyone who has an opinion on Gaga that's not pristine.

By fans in general, my post was just a reminder that not everything that is speculating on here is in fact true. I also have nothing against anyone who has a respectful opinion towards Gaga, I just explained and said why I think they are wrong. We also need to stop acting like your unpopular opinion towards Gaga is not available to debate 

LGMonster95
10 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Relax. Is just an opinion. We are discussing Gaga in a Gaga board. Nobody is being disrespectful or rude. It’s all good. 

Did I said that someone was being rude? I'm ok don't worry, I only give my thoughts on this, nothing else, I don't attack anyone

Archived