💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Main Problem with Chromatica

GovernmentGaga

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, CHROMATICON said:

Good for you that you are enjoying the era :happy: but this is a forum and we can discuss the lack of action and commitment.

And this user can share their opinion on it

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

It's hard to tell what's happening because we know nothing, but from what she said, she clearly didn't want to make this record (not just Chromatica itself but any album in general), she didn't enjoy doing it, and clearly, for one reason or another, she's not ready to fight for it

BUT

What if she stopped the promo immediately to disappear from the public eye for a little while? I'm not talking about the paparazzi or fame or whatever, but disappearing immediately is the only way to use the ASIB hype for LG7, and since Trauma's promo wouldn't be bold enough because of the current situation, she decided to keep the hype AND the budget for LG7... a concept

Gaga litteraly said that she cant stop making music so 

HausOfAntonio
8 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

There's an Opinion tag for something :oprah: a huge part of the OP is about how her mental health is important

You absolutely have the right not to agree, I don't agree with EVERYTHING they wrote either, but it didn't come from a bad place, they didn't “demand” anything:shrug:

Nothing against you boo, I just thought you were a little bit too harsh:hug:

I know I never take these things personally, don't worry. I don't have anything against anyone on here. Its just that when people start to unpick Gaga's mental processes I get a bit triggered :laughga:

1 hour ago, Oyster said:

She has this issue where if the record or song isn’t as successful as previously thought, she gives up on it. She seems only happy to promote the songs that are commercially successful which is a huge problem on her part and probably has to do with her mental health. she needs to not give up and be more authentic because i think she pretends to be a lot of the time. like just own your work girl. 

I disagree because gaga made a video for 911 wich wasnt a succesfull  single 

r4therupbeat

very interesting read. I hope one day we find out what really is happening.

There is nothing wrong with the album tho, it sits very high from what she has released in her discography. 

10 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Gaga litteraly said that she cant stop making music so 

Well, she also literally said that she didn't want to make music when she was doing Chromatica

3 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Well, she also literally said that she didn't want to make music when she was doing Chromatica

And she also said that bloodpop helped her through that 

LGMonster95

I'm sorry but this thread is based on speculations and rather about what YOU feel about her not what she actually feels. We all know that Gaga started being depressed especially at the beginning of 2019 when she broke up with Carino, we saw her smocking more and acting a bit more wild and had a more idgaf attitude, we saw what she really said on her interviews that she wasn't feeling good and her points seem to be very valid if we take all of this in consideration, she's an artist so I guess we can agree that she loves making music especially ones with a meaning for her, I honestly don't think she lied when she said that this album saved her mood when she was making it, if we take everything in consideration starting from 2018 when she said that she started making this album at the time when she cancelled her tour duo to her medical condition, to the time when she finished the album then it really makes f*cking sense. The problem is not Gaga not wanting to promote this album because she showed dedication even during this era with the small promo that it had, the music videos has quality and it really seems like they were well thought especially the video for 911 which btw the director said that she was about to pass out while making it, I don't think a bored person/someone who has "lost passion" would be that dedicated, she showed dedication even with her VMAs performance, that performance literally had its own concept, this is again another thing that was well thought and not something that someone with a "lost passion" would do. It's not like they didn't had any plans for this era because Bobby clearly said that they had a lot of plans, those plans not only got ruined once but twice, they released this album pretty much right in the middle of a pandemic and the BLM situation, their situation was a lot more shittier than for some others this year, her label most likely lost money because of this, Gaga probably was heartbroken not only because she could not release this album the way she wanted but because of what was happening in the world aswell, all of this probably threw her off from this album. There's too much stuff out there to have a clear conclusion about what happened but Gaga not wanting to promote/not feeling the album is not one of it, there's something else that we are missing that probably makes a lot of sense.

LastNight

I feel so bad for Gaga when I read discussions like this. You work for years on a project, through depression, body pain and break-ups, and then you have people pull apart your commitment to it because the era didn't go the way anyone (Gaga included) hoped, despite the very obvious reasons and the insane circumstances affecting the entire world.

I know a common tactic on here is to point out how other artists have coped with this year but 1) every person is different and 2) literally no other major artist was in the exact position Gaga was in. Dua and the Weeknd had the bulk of their pre-album campaigns done, Taylor didn't even have an album at the start of this whole thing, she had months to plan and prepare. And none of them had a major civil rights movement coincide with their (postponed) album's new release date - like the exact week of the album drop.

Major world events scuppered her plans twice, which must be personally pretty heartbreaking and exhausting, so it would be understandable if her heart wasn't in it anymore, and yet she carried on with it whilst also using her considerable wealth and privilege to help others in need.That's the real display of her commitment if you ask me; standing by everything she's believed in and spoken about since the very beginning of her career.

Imagine pulling yourself out of depressive episodes to create your work, ploughing ahead with your roll-out plans because you want to do it justice, even though the lead single leaked. Working around a pandemic, planning for performances that you know may have to be cancelled at any point. Crying when you hear your director share their idea for a music video because it touches you so much, then sweating in the desert for hours on set and being willing to do another take to get the shot just right, despite overheating and being in pain. Imagine doing all that and more, and you still have people question your commitment?

I understand that it didn't go the way anyone wanted, and I know we're all allowed to feel differently about how she and her team handled things, but some of you really go to great lengths to dress up the entitlement you feel to Gaga and her work as some profound and heartfelt critique, and it's just...not.

Regina George

I agree.. This also could be said about Joanne... I honestly don't think she enjoyed making these albums 

NORMANDIE

Our girl suffers from depression and fibromyalgia so... be grateful for what yo have.

y’all are the real problem.

TimisaMonster
39 minutes ago, Suuus said:

I disagree because gaga made a video for 911 wich wasnt a succesfull  single 

Was it even confirmed as a single? Sent to any radio stations? Not even remixes lol...like video had a lil hype for a week and then gone...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
13 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I agree.. This also could be said about Joanne... I honestly don't think she enjoyed making these albums 

Even ARTPOP was traumatic for her in different ways...Joanne was about healing her Trump supporting dad through an album named after her dead aunt she barely knew...and Chromatica yeah...we get the pattern...its like her last album she enjoyed making was BTW

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MessyTop
17 minutes ago, Regina George said:

This. Is obvious she didn’t enjoy making the albums. 

5 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Was it even confirmed as a single? Sent to any radio stations? Not even remixes lol...like video had a lil hype for a week and then gone...

Exactly i quoting someone who said that gaga only wants to promote succesfull singles well 911 isnt a single at all but she still made a video for it

Archived