💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Main Problem with Chromatica

GovernmentGaga

Featured Posts

Absolutely true. The phrase “let the work speak for itself” also applies here because after the initial week or two, streams for the album dropped considerably and the music isn’t that engaging enough to come back to. She should just take time to find her inspiration again because clearly chromatica ain’t it. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CubbyGaga
49 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

So what we’re saying is had she promoted the album would be better? Because that is the only thing that indicates commitment or belief in your art? Its clear that some of y’all aren’t artists and still view the artist as a businessperson and their art as a commodity. Don’t even get me started on your lack of understanding of mental health. 

At the end of the day, you don’t know her. You don’t know what she think and feels and all you’re doing is speculating, and that shows a fundamental lack of concern with her humanity because you expect a cookie cutter album cycle in order to justify liking the music or seeing it as genuine. Gaga never said Chromatica cured her mental illness. The only thing she implied is that at a moment where she was AT HER LOWEST, it saved her. And thats fine. We need to stop demanding that she does things a certain way just so we can validate the way we feel about her career. 

She really meant it when she wrote Plastic Doll. She really ****ing did. 

YES!! THANK YOU!! Stop assuming what goes on in her f****** head.  Y’all doin entirely too much.

destructivelove

What upsets me the most is this album had the most potential for a continuous story line.  Most potential for interactive content.  Most potential for “camp” and also to be a fully realized “universe” (no pun intended).  A whole experience and world modeled after the album.  And instead we got the 911 video.   I love the video and it’s cool and all, but that for me was the nail in the coffin.  The most clear example that Gaga had given up on “chromatica” as a concept.  And that we wouldn’t be getting a fully encompassing experience.     I imagined originally that the videos would all tie together in some sort of Flash Gordon/sci fi camp type of adventure with tribes and stories of war and peace. Etc

1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

So what we’re saying is had she promoted the album would be better? Because that is the only thing that indicates commitment or belief in your art? Its clear that some of y’all aren’t artists and still view the artist as a businessperson and their art as a commodity. Don’t even get me started on your lack of understanding of mental health. 

At the end of the day, you don’t know her. You don’t know what she think and feels and all you’re doing is speculating, and that shows a fundamental lack of concern with her humanity because you expect a cookie cutter album cycle in order to justify liking the music or seeing it as genuine. Gaga never said Chromatica cured her mental illness. The only thing she implied is that at a moment where she was AT HER LOWEST, it saved her. And thats fine. We need to stop demanding that she does things a certain way just so we can validate the way we feel about her career. 

She really meant it when she wrote Plastic Doll. She really ****ing did. 

Don't be defensive all the time, the OP isn't even criticizing her, and it mentions everything you said it didn't

KennyRichie

For me ti does come down to the pandemics, this absence are very much guilt of pandemics, no matter ‘what other girls are doing’, she’s different and we know it. 

even a Coachella set was about to happen. 

It's hard to tell what's happening because we know nothing, but from what she said, she clearly didn't want to make this record (not just Chromatica itself but any album in general), she didn't enjoy doing it, and clearly, for one reason or another, she's not ready to fight for it

BUT

What if she stopped the promo immediately to disappear from the public eye for a little while? I'm not talking about the paparazzi or fame or whatever, but disappearing immediately is the only way to use the ASIB hype for LG7, and since Trauma's promo wouldn't be bold enough because of the current situation, she decided to keep the hype AND the budget for LG7... a concept

LaLuna
1 hour ago, NAMURO said:

Can people take into account the current situation please? Lots of people I know are really screwed up because of this damn virus, so why is it so hard to think that she changed her mind? We all know the effort it took to make this album and the insane promo that was planned before the pandemic... And now we think Chromatica is like an obligated project because she is not promoting it? I don't give a f**k about the reasons she is not promoting it or why she is so silent, she gave us a great album and that's the only thing that matters to me in the middle of the chaos we are going through. And what if she decided to sell some brands instead of promoting the album? She is a professional and makes whatever she wants, take it or leave it

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

This fanbase and its obsession with promo, I swear... It's like, it doesn't matter how good an album is, if there's not enough promo, then it's all for nothing. I challenge any of you to work even HALF as hard as Gaga has, the woman has worked her butt off for years, to the point of injuring herself, she's dealing with mental issues, fibromyalgia, etc. But of course none of that matters because hey, what good is an album without promo right? Also, we're in the middle of a freaking GLOBAL PANDEMIC. Of course that ruined her plans for promo. Why is that so damn hard to understand? And why is it so hard to understand that she wants to focus on her health, relationship, etc. It doesn't mean she doesn't care, If she truly didn't care she'd stop making music. 

HausOfAntonio
24 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Don't be defensive all the time, the OP isn't even criticizing her, and it mentions everything you said it didn't

The OP's point is that Gaga lacks passion and commitment to Chromatica - I disagree - I defend my opinion. Thats it.

I'm sorry but whenever I read posts like this I can't help but feel like people are projecting big time... like whether you enjoy the music or not, it feels unnecessary to speculate so heavily into someone's life or mental state. If you're that hung up then it might be time to move on 

1 minute ago, HausOfAntonio said:

The OP's point is that Gaga lacks passion and commitment to Chromatica - I disagree - I defend my opinion. Thats it.

But they didn't say that in a mean way, more like in a loving and understanding way

JohnnyVersace

OT: posts like this are completely baseless imo when you don't take into account the current state of the world.

She cried for a year making it, and did put her pain into it. You can't discredit that. She worked on this record for years, and clearly there's some sort of tie-in to Vegas with the "Enigma" title. As Bobby said, this was about to be one of her biggest role-outs ever and the world shifted literally overnight. 

What is so gross about some fans is that they place precedence over Gaga being a commercial pop success over the lives of millions of people, Black Lives Matter advocacy, the election, and mental health. Gaga is a humanitarian, and when mankind was (and is) literally at stake, she pivoted and refocused. You know nothing about how she actually feels about this album because she's refocused on healing the planet. 

Plus we've gotten three incredible videos, the VMA's, BTS footage, a very successful single w ROM. Like what the **** more do you want her to do in a global pandemic?

HausOfAntonio
Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

But they didn't say that in a mean way, more like in a loving and understanding way

Its not "loving and understanding" to assume what goes on in someone's head and speculate why they don't treat their art the way YOU want them to :awkney:

Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

Its not "loving and understanding" to assume what goes on in someone's head and speculate why they don't treat their art the way YOU want them to :awkney:

There's an Opinion tag for something :oprah: a huge part of the OP is about how her mental health is important

You absolutely have the right not to agree, I don't agree with EVERYTHING they wrote either, but it didn't come from a bad place, they didn't “demand” anything:shrug:

Nothing against you boo, I just thought you were a little bit too harsh:hug:

Suspiria
10 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

This fanbase and its obsession with promo, I swear... It's like, it doesn't matter how good an album is, if there's not enough promo, then it's all for nothing. I challenge any of you to work even HALF as hard as Gaga has, the woman has worked her butt off for years, to the point of injuring herself, she's dealing with mental issues, fibromyalgia, etc. But of course none of that matters because hey, what good is an album without promo right? Also, we're in the middle of a freaking GLOBAL PANDEMIC. Of course that ruined her plans for promo. Why is that so damn hard to understand? And why is it so hard to understand that she wants to focus on her health, relationship, etc. It doesn't mean she doesn't care, If she truly didn't care she'd stop making music. 

I don't mean to be rude, but why are you (and people who share your views) on this site?

This forum exists to discuss things about Lady Gaga. If she is doing nothing, the only reason to be on this forum really is to discuss the fact she is doing nothing (I know there are things like megarates and other pop culture news, but like - you come to a Gaga forum to discuss Gaga).

So you're content that she just drops the album and disappears, great, no issues. So what are you here to talk about? What do you want people to talk about here? A site like this can't sustain itself on talking about the things she did in the past forever. And talking about 13 new songs runs a bit thin after a while, if they are given no new context.

Archived