💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Main Problem with Chromatica

GovernmentGaga

Featured Posts

Volantits

I hope the next album comes organic and confident through her, authentically. The interviews she had for Chromatica are depressing, and that's not her fault, but I hope she can make something she's really proud of next time around.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has this issue where if the record or song isn’t as successful as previously thought, she gives up on it. She seems only happy to promote the songs that are commercially successful which is a huge problem on her part and probably has to do with her mental health. she needs to not give up and be more authentic because i think she pretends to be a lot of the time. like just own your work girl. 

35 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

So what we’re saying is had she promoted the album would be better? Because that is the only thing that indicates commitment or belief in your art? Its clear that some of y’all aren’t artists and still view the artist as a businessperson and their art as a commodity. Don’t even get me started on your lack of understanding of mental health. 

At the end of the day, you don’t know her. You don’t know what she think and feels and all you’re doing is speculating, and that shows a fundamental lack of concern with her humanity because you expect a cookie cutter album cycle in order to justify liking the music or seeing it as genuine. Gaga never said Chromatica cured her mental illness. The only thing she implied is that at a moment where she was AT HER LOWEST, it saved her. And thats fine. We need to stop demanding that she does things a certain way just so we can validate the way we feel about her career. 

She really meant it when she wrote Plastic Doll. She really ****ing did. 

Agreed, agreed and agreed again, from top to bottom.

Chromatica is an album. It's a collection of songs. It isn't anything else. I love it. I play it in the car and I play it at home occasionally. I'm delighted she released it. I have no problem with it.

Babylon98
3 minutes ago, Oyster said:

She has this issue where if the record or song isn’t as successful as previously thought, she gives up on it. She seems only happy to promote the songs that are commercially successful which is a huge problem on her part and probably has to do with her mental health. she needs to not give up and be more authentic because i think she pretends to be a lot of the time. like just own your work girl. 

That's not true, Million Reasons started as a big big flop and she promoted the hell out of it (Million performances era).

Also if that was the case she would have promoted Chromatica. It was her biggest debut after BTW and it had huge first day streaming numbers that no one was expecting. It fell partially because she didn't bother to promote, not the other way around.

Spot on. I felt like she was disconnected ever since the end of the Joanne era, but now it's even more clear. Haus Labs is a prime example : she said she despised being used as a marketing tool and left the perfume industry... only to become the face of an AMAZON generic makeup brand.

The visuals for Chromatica are her best ever and got me thinking we were in for her best era ever, but yet again it falls in the "had infinite potential but nothing was done with it" category with ARTPOP. Only this time, she wasn't ****ed over : she just didn't try.

Gaga is in a VERY, VERY weird space right now. I feel like she, as an artist, has lost her spark. She doesn't seem passionate about any of this. But at the same time, she's giving us some of the best work of her career. It's almost as if all the work was done behind the stages by the producers, her team, etc. and she wasn't involved much.

Maybe she'll go back to jazz? Or just acting? I have no idea. But I feel like she's done with pop and theatrics in general, even if she just came back with some of her best material in that vein. If such a stellar album couldn't be done right, what will?

I have no idea what's going on, but look at her recent projects... Haus Labs? Uninspired sell-out. Enigma? Pandering to the locals. Chromatica? Amazing, but she doesn't care about it. 

Glamourpuss

When Gaga released Chromatica she talked about having a high EQ. This means she is tuned into her feelings and the feelings of others. Everything she does has an emotional response attached to it. That's how she navigates the world. People with a high EQ believe in being authentic and sticking to their principles even if most other people don't understand.

Gaga believed it was wrong to promote her album during the pandemic and during a time when the Black Lives Matter protests were happening. The world was in chaos back then and she handed her Instagram over to black voices because she believed that was the right thing to do and she did that One World concert because she believed that was the right thing to do also. She dropped her ego and she tried to do some good things for everybody living in this world.

Perhaps she should have returned to the public eye and promoted the album some more when things died down a bit but the pandemic is not over. People are still losing their lives to this virus and she probably doesn't feel right about putting the spotlight on herself in this difficult time. She's staying true to herself and I stan for her it. 

36 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Girl Shallow has literally 1.3Billion plays on spotify and is currently almost top 30 most streamed songs ever on spotify. It also has a video which will reach 1billion views soon on yt and a live performance with 300M+ views that is currently doing more than some of the biggest hits on youtube (roar, dark horse, blank space, you name it). It might not have been a huge hit in American radio but that's it. It'll probably end up being her biggest song ever and it was absolutely HUGE worldwide. It's still doing 1M+ updates on spotify and 1M+ daily updates on youtube. 

I'm pretty sure if you combine spotify + youtube (all lyric videos + performances etc.) just Shallow has more than 3Billion streams altogether. That would be a pretty successful ALBUM let alone song.

Then you have ARTW with 500M+ streams on spotify and INLA with more than 300M+. ASIB was a critical AND commercial smash no matter how you spin it. And only 1 single was promoted.

You didn’t get what I was trying to say but right now I’m not feeling well to explain again (topamax side effects sucks) sorry, love u :heart:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Tinnitus15

The best thread...seeing her promoting everything except chromatica,I can assume that she’s over this project,and clearly the album doesn’t make her feel okay..it’s like when she’s talking about chromatica it’s with a little bit of annoyance 

5 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

When Gaga released Chromatica she talked about having a high EQ. This means she is tuned into her feelings and the feelings of others. Everything she does has an emotional response attached to it. That's how she navigates the world. People with a high EQ believe in being authentic and sticking to their principles even if most other people don't understand.

Gaga believed it was wrong to promote her album during the pandemic and during a time when the Black Lives Matter protests were happening. The world was in chaos back then and she handed her Instagram over to black voices because she believed that was the right thing to do and she did that One World concert because she believed that was the right thing to do also. She dropped her ego and she tried to do some good things for everybody living in this world.

Perhaps she should have returned to the public eye and promoted the album some more when things died down a bit but the pandemic is not over. People are still losing their lives to this virus and she probably doesn't feel right about putting the spotlight on herself in this difficult time. She's staying true to herself and I stan for her it. 

So promoting watches, perfumes and her makeup brand is something authentic of her and a good thing to do during the pandemic?

f*** u pop music

CubbyGaga

I thinks it’s quite problematic for you to assume that she’s not committed to her work anymore.  The 911 video clearly contradicts your point.  

But you’re entitled to your opinion I guess.  Tired Britney Spears GIF

TimisaMonster

Gaga herself did say she was extremely depressed and unhappy making Chromatica and BloodPop basically was forcing her to make music and I'm sure her label and fans pressuring her didnt help 

However, the music did alright and gave us a some bops but yes after it was "birthed", Gaga abandoned this baby in the alley behind the dumpster 

I think Gaga is going through some depression as well rn like many of us are and she is not feeling up to "promoting dance music" when the world and this country are going through some dark times with the pandemic, election issues, and BLM...its a lot. 

On the other hand, if Gaga TRULY wanted to participate alongside her fellow pop artist peers by doing virtual concerts, continue making videos, etc....she would find a way. At least the old Gaga would...

Yeah im sad to see the album being treated worse than ARTPOP...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Gagaloo911

Yea it's pretty obvious at this point she just isn't that passionate about Chromatica not invested in it or frankly even care much about it for that matter.

I wonder if that's because of how difficult the process of making it was for her, and the fact that she seemed to be less involved with the creation of it than any of her other studio albums. She let the producers basically just do what they wanted on it.

Also, the emotional baggage that's attached to it given her mental state while making it probably also has something to do with it.

Which is sad because the album is truly amazing and deserved better. But what can you do. Gaga already moved on, so we should too.

Glamourpuss
16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Spot on. I felt like she was disconnected ever since the end of the Joanne era, but now it's even more clear. Haus Labs is a prime example : she said she despised being used as a marketing tool and left the perfume industry... only to become the face of an AMAZON generic makeup brand.

She didn't want to be used as a cash cow. She had no choice in promoting that perfume back then. She didn't want to do it but she still put so much effort into it until she put her foot down and decided she was done with it. Anything she puts her name to now is because she wants to. 

Haus Labs is not an Amazon brand and it's not generic. It's something she's worked on along with Sarah Tanno and other creative individuals. It just happens to be sold through Amazon. 

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, Delulu said:

So promoting watches, perfumes and her makeup brand is something authentic of her and a good thing to do during the pandemic?

She would have already been contracted to do those. I think we shouldn't be so hard on her for fulfilling her commitments. 

Archived