Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Main Problem with Chromatica

GovernmentGaga

Featured Posts

Regina George

I wish we just got a new era without deeper meaning.. Not everything has to have this deeper meaning she desperately wants to show. It’s okay to make music just because you want to have fun with something. I feel like she’s under this constant pressure trying to make this amazing piece of work that will be recognized by masses and by trying to do that she makes the process of making an album insufferable. She needs to work on that and I said this before - she needs to take a LONG break from music to hopefully regain the love she once had for it. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I wish we just got a new era without deeper meaning.. Not everything has to have this deeper meaning she desperately wants to show. It’s okay to make music just because you want to have fun with something. I feel like she’s under this constant pressure trying to make this amazing piece of work that will be recognized by masses and by trying to do that she makes the process of making an album insufferable. She needs to work on that and I said this before - she needs to take a LONG break from music to hopefully regain the love she once had for it. 

Gaga never lost her love for music she litteraly said in a recent interview that she cant stop making music so music 

CubbyGaga
28 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I also feel like stans sometimes forget about the non-stan environment. The very week Gaga released Chromatica there were massive, massive protests. It absolutely slowed/stopped some of the momentum she had going on & the backlash would have been BAD if she had pushed it hard that week or even the follow up week.

But yeah, you have relevant points. And I'd add 911 is arguably Gaga's best music video and it came out of this era.

Exactly!!! This fanbase could use a dose of realism lol.  I remember how mad I was that Gaga didn’t promote ARTPOP more and how quickly she jumped to Cheek to Cheek.

But looking back at that time... I just can’t help but think how silly of a thing it is to be upset over lack of promo.  The music is what it’s all about, and the music speaks for itself.  Maybe it’s just cuz I’m getting older (I’m 25) [not actually old but you get the point lol] but personally, Gaga could go on to never mention Chromatica again, and it would still be my favorite album of hers.  I feel like we put value into the wrong things.  It’s about the substance.  Not chart numbers or TV promo spots. 

Regina George
6 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Gaga never lost her love for music she litteraly said in a recent interview that she cant stop making music so music 

Well then there is some other problem because the connection that was once there is not existent anymore.. 

4 hours ago, LaLuna said:

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

This fanbase and its obsession with promo, I swear... It's like, it doesn't matter how good an album is, if there's not enough promo, then it's all for nothing. I challenge any of you to work even HALF as hard as Gaga has, the woman has worked her butt off for years, to the point of injuring herself, she's dealing with mental issues, fibromyalgia, etc. But of course none of that matters because hey, what good is an album without promo right? Also, we're in the middle of a freaking GLOBAL PANDEMIC. Of course that ruined her plans for promo. Why is that so damn hard to understand? And why is it so hard to understand that she wants to focus on her health, relationship, etc. It doesn't mean she doesn't care, If she truly didn't care she'd stop making music. 

Chromarica is a concept album, in which the concept is only really present in the way the album is promoted. 

The world building and concept of Chromatica is non-existent in the music. It’s found in the fashion, films, performances, and visuals relating to the album.

Chromatica, without the promotional art and performances to enrich and develop the concept of the album, is really just a collection of short bops.

I think that is likely a reason why some fans are craving more “promo.”

TimisaMonster
3 hours ago, Suuus said:

Exactly i quoting someone who said that gaga only wants to promote succesfull singles well 911 isnt a single at all but she still made a video for it

John Wayne vibes lol

GUY...

"The last video curse"

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

littlepotter
57 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Eh, she seemed to love the album imo. I feel like people forget that a) large parts of it leaked and b) Hanna said Gaga was seriously bothered/upset by the leaks. Add in the protests & COVID-19 and I can see why it killed off any over the top excitement. That said, just because she wasn't over the top excited about it doesn't mean she she doesn't have love for the album.

*I'm guilty of occasionally listening to leaks (although I don't pass it around) but fans blaming Gaga for the leaks are absurd. Also, there's a difference between listening & actively passing the leaks around imo.

The only substantial thing that leaked is SL... Chromatica is actually Gaga's first album since The Fame not to leak 

What I meant is during the interviews with Zane Lowe, Gaga radio etc. she described the whole process as depressing and she couldn't wait to get done with this music... i could just tell from the tone of her voice that this is something she was not attached to, when compared to how she used to talk about ARTPOP or born this way as if they were her little babies

chaeri pls

littlepotter
14 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Chromarica is a concept album, in which the concept is only really present in the way the album is promoted. 

The world building and concept of Chromatica is non-existent in the music. It’s found in the fashion, films, performances, and visuals relating to the album.

Chromatica, without the promotional art and performances to enrich and develop the concept of the album, is really just a collection of short bops.

I think that is likely a reason why some fans are craving more “promo.”

The way they demonize the word pRoMo as if it's anything more than us wanting to see her perform and acknowledge her music's existence... like really we look like clowns talking for months about Chromatica and the planet and the tribes and those Chromatica Government twitter accounts all based off of one thing she said in March and then dropped.

chaeri pls

Serial Chiller
25 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

The way they demonize the word pRoMo as if it's anything more than us wanting to see her perform and acknowledge her music's existence... like really we look like clowns talking for months about Chromatica and the planet and the tribes and those Chromatica Government twitter accounts all based off of one thing she said in March and then dropped.

I mean it’s normal to ruminate on the potentials of the album and hope for sth else to come, but a line needs to be drawn when people start coming for her team and interscope,calling them incompetent, attacking Gaga and paint her as a greedy corporate out of touch woman but somehow at the same time dissing her activist efforts as cringey? If she’s not doing what they want they attack her. Stop please. 

4 hours ago, LastNight said:

I feel so bad for Gaga when I read discussions like this. You work for years on a project, through depression, body pain and break-ups, and then you have people pull apart your commitment to it because the era didn't go the way anyone (Gaga included) hoped, despite the very obvious reasons and the insane circumstances affecting the entire world.

I know a common tactic on here is to point out how other artists have coped with this year but 1) every person is different and 2) literally no other major artist was in the exact position Gaga was in. Dua and the Weeknd had the bulk of their pre-album campaigns done, Taylor didn't even have an album at the start of this whole thing, she had months to plan and prepare. And none of them had a major civil rights movement coincide with their (postponed) album's new release date - like the exact week of the album drop.

Major world events scuppered her plans twice, which must be personally pretty heartbreaking and exhausting, so it would be understandable if her heart wasn't in it anymore, and yet she carried on with it whilst also using her considerable wealth and privilege to help others in need.That's the real display of her commitment if you ask me; standing by everything she's believed in and spoken about since the very beginning of her career.

Imagine pulling yourself out of depressive episodes to create your work, ploughing ahead with your roll-out plans because you want to do it justice, even though the lead single leaked. Working around a pandemic, planning for performances that you know may have to be cancelled at any point. Crying when you hear your director share their idea for a music video because it touches you so much, then sweating in the desert for hours on set and being willing to do another take to get the shot just right, despite overheating and being in pain. Imagine doing all that and more, and you still have people question your commitment?

I understand that it didn't go the way anyone wanted, and I know we're all allowed to feel differently about how she and her team handled things, but some of you really go to great lengths to dress up the entitlement you feel to Gaga and her work as some profound and heartfelt critique, and it's just...not.

I dont have better words. thanks for your sharing and its my exact thought

outtahere12428

The one thing I actually miss this era are performances, because it’s what I love the most about Gaga and I love listening to the live versions of songs. So yeah, I’d love for her to perform more. 

Maybe she’s planning on something like Dua’s 2054 and wants it to be big. It would take time, it’s like a tour.

But asides from that, I have no complaints. I love the music, the videos, the visuals, and I really hope she stays in Chromatica for a long time 

Little managers! Long time no see :sis:

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Archived