💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Main Problem with Chromatica

GovernmentGaga

Featured Posts

SchwineLove
3 hours ago, vixdean said:

Can’t stand this type victimization that fans do on behalf of Gaga. 

“Have you ever been overwhelmingly depressed, suicidal, apathetic and disillusionedwith the state of the world.”  Yes, and half the world probably feels like that right now. 

Go read the many mental health threads in this forum. People may feel like that but they get out of bed and go to their jobs because they have bills to pay and food to put on the table.

In the wider scheme of things, Gaga is in a much better and privileged position to deal with the many challenges life presents than any of us. There’s no need for the constant excuses of Gaga’s behalf.

And again, not everybody was raped, having fibromyalgia, and also happened to be avant garde high concept visual popstar since her start. Let the girl rest or let's find another escapism. Ignore her if we may.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankenztein

It is not just a problem with Chromatica. Something that is interesting about Gaga is that she seems to be an artist that creates mostly in devotion/dedication to others and not herself. It is something I like about her but can also be frustrating. A lot of the best artists make what they personally want to hear/see for themselves. But Gaga seems to need to attach herself to someone else to create. Like making BTW for the fans, or making pop songs that her rock and roll friends would like, or her producers (like Bloodpop), or making an album for her father, or an OST for Bradley Cooper, or jazz for Tony Bennett. Always, she is making art to appeal to or to support someone else. It might be due to some of her lost confidence in her own vision over the years. 

I think Gaga might make her best work if she tried making a body of work for herself and herself alone. Without trying to appeal to her fans, her father, to her producers, or anyone else. 

I'm late but I think since Gaga likes to have control this pandemic simply tossed all her plans on their head and she couldn't execute it like she wanted so she gave up.

I don't wanna get too deep into speculations since I don't know her, but I don't think she doesn't care. Maybe she cares too much. I also think this era originally would've ended with the tour and therefore Gaga has moved on to other projects a long time ago.

"I'll just keep on doing what I do best
Pissing off people who wanna be pissed
Hate is the poison, love's the elixir
If you don't like me, you can suck my
(Can suck my, can suck my, can suck my)"

hello hello baby.

4 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

As an artist have you ever been so overwhelmingly depressed, suicidal, apathetic and disillusioned with the state of the world that even your art doesn’t feel important anymore? Yeah. Imagine the overbearing sense of guilt you must feel about disappointing all of your supporters. And then imagine having to reconcile that with the fact that you’re literally physically incapable of getting out of bed. But that doesn’t negate the fact that the art you DO make can be genuine, inspired and ultimately GREAT, which is exactly what Chromatica is.  We need to let go of this ideal of the artist who puts their art above everything else in their lives. Gaga has a shitton of stuff to deal with, and that doesn’t make her art any less valuable.

I don’t think people realise the extent of the pain and turmoil that this woman goes through. Imagine making demands from someone who on top of physical pain has to endure intense psychological negativity DAILY. How could anyone do that? Let her do things on her own time! How are we supposed to measure and evaluate “commitment” from a person who has openly talked about going through chronic clinical depression and suicidal periods? I don’t think thats fair. 

Why do you keep puting words in my mouth? Honestly I don't get it... Where did I criticize her for that? 

I'm an artist, have depression, PTSD, fibromyalgia and more, I know what it feels like

Tinnitus15
12 hours ago, Suuus said:

Gaga litteraly said that she cant stop making music so 

LG7 gonna be at least 2022,considering her Gucci movie(the promo,if the pandemic is over,all the interviews,events,awards),and still we’re not sure if she’s gonna release smth,which will be liked by her fans(maybe she could pull out Joanne 2,C2C 2)..then it’s 2022 she gonna be 36(she won’t be her best in terms of choreography cuz of her fibromyalgia-we saw what the vmas did to her knees)...so I don’t think it will be a good strategy in that case...in my worst pessimistic view chromatica is the last pop-Ga we gonna see

numb the flame
10 hours ago, CubbyGaga said:

This fanbase is exhausting and I only just joined this website.  Why can’t people just enjoy her art for what it is?  I definitely understand that art is subjective and that we all have different opinions.  But it’s like you guys expect her to be to pushing out Born This Way levels of promo at all times, and when she doesn’t, everyone has a meltdown. She’s getting older and changing the way she does things. It’s not 2009 anymore.  Y’all place these huge expectations on her and then set yourselves up for disappointment over and over again.  

Maybe stop putting pop stars on this giant pedestal and accept that they are imperfect humans trying to share their art just like the rest of us.  

Literally, Stop the drama and start the music.  Lmao.  

alyssa edwards GIF

to be fair, Interscope executives said the album was going to have a rollout that of a blockbuster movie so this time I don't think it's entirely unfair of us to have expected "BTW levels of promo" given what we were told. 

numb the flame
6 hours ago, breakourstigmas said:

The one thing I actually miss this era are performances, because it’s what I love the most about Gaga and I love listening to the live versions of songs. So yeah, I’d love for her to perform more. 

Maybe she’s planning on something like Dua’s 2054 and wants it to be big. It would take time, it’s like a tour.

But asides from that, I have no complaints. I love the music, the videos, the visuals, and I really hope she stays in Chromatica for a long time 

don't forget she had that Coachella set lined up for the weekend of the albums (original) release date, she could just reuse her Coachella set, throw more Chromatica if there were few tracks in the original Coachella setlist and we wouldn't know any different whether it was the Coachella set or not. 

This era was supposed to have a huge rollout but we are in the middle of a pandemic.

The choice was clearly made to put the budget on hold until they can do what was originally intended.

There's nothing to do but wait.

Cherry Blues

Chromatica is a good dance record. I'm happy when LG is succsesful, but what matters more is the picture when she will go from this earth and Chromatica has many good messages. It's a good puzzle in her career and discography. It is a quality record and she had two top ten songs and one of them was a number one song. She will do fine. It's about the whole picture and way of Lady Gaga. Neither Prince, David Bowie or Madonna had hits all the time. She will do fine. Chromatica will be very fine in retro-perspective.

SHALLOW

I've been saying this ever since it came out and i've been dragged to the pits. I'm glad more people can see that now. I'm sorry they couldn't accept it months ago and took their anger on me. :enigma:

With that said, i still enjoy Chromatica and i think it's a good album but i don't feel any connection to it. 

SHALLOW
14 minutes ago, KORG said:

This era was supposed to have a huge rollout but we are in the middle of a pandemic.

The choice was clearly made to put the budget on hold until they can do what was originally intended.

There's nothing to do but wait.

Gurl don t delude yourself. No one's gonna promote their album after one year. It's not gonna work anymore.

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, Tinnitus15 said:

LG7 gonna be at least 2022,considering her Gucci movie(the promo,if the pandemic is over,all the interviews,events,awards),and still we’re not sure if she’s gonna release smth,which will be liked by her fans(maybe she could pull out Joanne 2,C2C 2)..then it’s 2022 she gonna be 36(she won’t be her best in terms of choreography cuz of her fibromyalgia-we saw what the vmas did to her knees)...so I don’t think it will be a good strategy in that case...in my worst pessimistic view chromatica is the last pop-Ga we gonna see

I'd take an original album like Joanne any time over something like Chromatica. Anyway, i think 2022 is kinda too soon. We know she wants to take her time and she also has 1 or more movies to film so it's very unlikely.

flopheart

I honestly would love if Gaga let go this edm pop and make more acoustic pop songs/ ballads like shallow, always remember us this way, you and I, million reasons or something like miley's new album. i think Gaga do her best in these genres and GP loves it (shallow for example)

SchwineLove
2 hours ago, numb the flame said:

don't forget she had that Coachella set lined up for the weekend of the albums (original) release date, she could just reuse her Coachella set, throw more Chromatica if there were few tracks in the original Coachella setlist and we wouldn't know any different whether it was the Coachella set or not. 

This I have to be agree. Why don't she make it a livestream event. It's like...... It would be better if we don't know anything her team prepare before pandemic happens, like it's better if they don't spill anything at all, it's crushing my heart right now.

Again, we don't know what happened behind the scenes right now on her team, and speculating of scenarios (bad and the good ones) has made me so crazy, like maybe in June I can't stop think and ask what happened to her team, it drove me so crazy, so I stopped taking care to save my sanity and instead choose to listen to the album as it is when I like, without expecting whatever the girl prepare. I have a lot of other escapism tho like K-Pop and other pop star (Kylie!) but I still have Gaga as my main idol, so yeah it still hurts.

Archived