celeb

Halsey : Grammy is about making sure you help the Academy make their $$

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF

I lowkey feel like if she swept at the Grammy she would have a different opinion. However, she is right and is very bold for her to say this. The way everybody drags Gaga for not promoting Chromatica on TV and acting like the music quality is almost a non-factor is so weird to me.

I agree with her, she'll never get nominated or win again after saying this :sweat:

Mariah and Britney talked badly about the Grammy's and we all know what happened

Quartz

From presenting Ally her first Grammy to openly dragging the Grammys to filth. 

Jersey Shore Mike GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Helxig
14 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Grammy's needs a huge reset.

There's too much BS to fix before to start clean.

No it needs to be abolished and completely thrown away.

Someone else needs to start a new music awards ceremony with integrity, that recognises true talent and success. I'm sure plenty of huge artists like Halsey, Mariah and The Weeknd will support it while it grows in popularity. We need a complete restart with a new academy that isn't obsessed with money. Or a new system entirely e.g. all nominees (artists, singers, producers, etc) vote for who they think should win each category. An awards system voted by their own peers in the field, not rich people trying to make money

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Bradley

It sounds weird to say that your album deserved better. Because saying so actually means that you deserve to replace a slot that your peer took. The only album I could see being replaced is Changes. I don't think any of the pop vocal album nominees is any less worthy than Manic. If we replace Changes with After Hours, however, Manic still doesn't have enough slots to get in.

That said, she made several good points.

Ryusei

I mean ariana complained too and then she won one and was nominated for like 6 the next year... and so did Drake dont think there is a „blacklist“ but it is very true that it is about behind the scenes politics as much as it is the quality of your music. A lot of people who have performed and dont interviews at every opportunity possible have been nominated this year like Phoebe Bridgers, Chloe x Halle, Dua Lipa, Haim etc. They made sure to make themselves seen and liked by academy members. It‘s essentially the same as any other award just that you dont appeal to the general public to win but instead to this selected voting body. It‘s the same with the oscars, some actors just dont get recognized no matter how good their performances were because they‘re not as liked as some of their peers. 

Musery

flyaway

I would encourage people to boycott the Grammys from now on and stop giving them the attention they crave for...

It's been years since this happens, so now it should be time to skip and move forward. 

Defmix100

I'm sure she's right but that doesn't explain all the osbcure nominations no one has heard of this year, those definitely aren't going to help the academy make millions

Archived