💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Halsey : Grammy is about making sure you help the Academy make their $$

Teletubby

Featured Posts

zakariah

ya’ll realise that you can’t just throw away an awards show that has been a staple among the music industry in hollywood right?

the problem lies deep within, in the way hollywood itself runs, that’s the thing that needs to have a complete overhaul, but it’s almost impossible to do because most of the people in this industry are extremely powerful and basically control the world

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DOJA CAT
14 hours ago, Ryusei said:

I mean ariana complained too and then she won one and was nominated for like 6 the next year... and so did Drake dont think there is a „blacklist“ but it is very true that it is about behind the scenes politics as much as it is the quality of your music. A lot of people who have performed and dont interviews at every opportunity possible have been nominated this year like Phoebe Bridgers, Chloe x Halle, Dua Lipa, Haim etc. They made sure to make themselves seen and liked by academy members. It‘s essentially the same as any other award just that you dont appeal to the general public to win but instead to this selected voting body. It‘s the same with the oscars, some actors just dont get recognized no matter how good their performances were because they‘re not as liked as some of their peers. 

Ariana complained about not being allowed her performance how she wanted it not about nominations so I think it's a different thing and because Ariana was such a big star they made sure to keep her satisfied resulting in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrQR1X_52k

thank u, next

StrawberryBlond

At least she's being realistic when she says this may get her blacklisted. People who have spoken out tend to never get nominated again or if they do, they don't win, which is proof in and of itself that something is up. It's good to see that big names are taking a stand. But predictably, it'll just mean that the academy will over-correct next year, just like they did in previous years when there was complaints about a lack of various kinds of artists. They listen to the complaints, try to give the public what they want the following year but then mess up in a different way with the next batch.

16 hours ago, Ryusei said:

I mean ariana complained too and then she won one and was nominated for like 6 the next year... and so did Drake dont think there is a „blacklist“

Ariana only did her complaining when the winners had already been decided, which is when she won for Sweetener. After that, she got nominations for Thank U Next but didn't win any of them, even though she was at her peak. And now she's just up for the one song with Gaga and who knows if it'll win? People who publicly speak out against the academy are known to just stop getting nominated afterwards. They don't like it when their ceremony is disrespected. That's why I like how Gaga has always kept quiet about her feelings towards them and has shown nothing but gratitude for her wins and even featured them in ASIB. In an age where many award ceremonies are having faith lost in them, Gaga remains grateful. I think that's what keeps her wins rolling in.

r4therupbeat
23 hours ago, Lucas said:

I agree with her, she'll never get nominated or win again after saying this :sweat:

Mariah and Britney talked badly about the Grammy's and we all know what happened

I know that Britney said something. What did Mimi say?:enigma:

Archived