💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Fame-Ga vs Ava Max... I Can't Believe How Insanely Simmilar They Are

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

To be clear this is not a thread for criticism. There's so many artists out there it's inevitable many will resemble others even if totally unintentionally and that's ok

And even if Ava Max is highly inspired by Gaga and some of the simmilarities end up being intentional that's ok too. Artists are allowed to have their influences

But I just find it fascinating seeing her style with the dancers, the way she moves and walks, the way at the end of performances she does the sudden freeze, the way she's sometimes extra with her voice, subtle things like her huge shoes and just the overall package. It's so Insanely Simmilar to Lady Gaga's first year of fame during her first album era The Fame

It's actually a really cool nostalgic feeling tbh

PS: these performances are phenomenal. Wish Gaga did these again for nostalgias sake :giveup:

Gaga:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas

It’s great that she’s influenced by Gaga, but I think the issue is that she hasn’t admitted being inspired by Gaga (that i can recall at least) and that’s why Ava appears to come across as a wannabe. 

HausOfAntonio

Ava doesn’t have any of that genuine subversive edge that FameGa had tho. She performs “eccentricity” in a way thats so commercial. 

yeah this thread will be a mess

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Slightly off topic but now that I see these videos from the TF era, it's amazing how grown up and mature she came across in 2008. Queen

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Economy
3 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

It’s great that she’s influenced by Gaga, but I think the issue is that she hasn’t admitted being inspired by Gaga (that i can recall at least) and that’s why Ava appears to come across as a wannabe. 

Yeah I was thinking the same. It's fine to be heavily influenced but u should be honest about it

The simmilarities seem way too simmilar for Gaga not to have been at least a partial inspiring factor

ALGAYDO

She’s very obviously inspired by The FameGa’s artistry, same way BTW-Ga was influenced by Madonna’s 80s artistry. The main difference, as someone else mentioned, is that Gaga would constantly state that Madonna (along with MJ and Bowie) were her biggest inspirations, while Ava is radio silent about Gaga. 

Justin Drew Bieber
6 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

This, Ava comes across as extremely passive aggressive by listing everyone under the sun as an influence EXCEPT for Gaga.

vyniildisk

That 1st sweet but psycho performance was a - ma - zing on Gaga's level or even beyond tbh, visuals, vocals and fashion 

vyniildisk
7 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

She’s very obviously inspired by The FameGa’s artistry, same way BTW-Ga was influenced by Madonna’s 80s artistry. The main difference, as someone else mentioned, is that Gaga would constantly state that Madonna (along with MJ and Bowie) were her biggest inspirations, while Ava is radio silent about Gaga. 

I agree.

Economy
2 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

This, Ava comes across as extremely passive aggressive by listing everyone under the sun as an influence EXCEPT for Gaga.

It's almost like she wants to not mention her specifically and mention everyone else she can think of in order to downplay comparisons as much as she possibly can

3 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

JoanneMonster
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

That 1st sweet but psycho performance was a - ma - zing on Gaga's level or even beyond tbh, visuals, vocals and fashion 

The voice is pre-recorded

I See You

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, JoanneMonster said:

The voice is pre-recorded

Whattt? giphy.gif

Excuse me but i think u are lying

Economy
5 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

I actually liked the who's laughing now more for some reason. And a few others. I didn't post all the ones I liked cuz then it would be too many lol

Archived