đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Biggest Grammy snubs: Madonna edition

androiduser

Featured Posts

insight

Unlike the so-called stars or clowns of today, She never went on an entitled tirade demanding to be nominated or demanding justice for not having won the award. 

Finally someone made a thread about this, yesterday I commented about the sad truth, that she didn't win with Bedtime Stories. Every single album deserved a grammy (not just a nom), she released in the middle/end of the 80's and in the 90's. High quality albums with timeless songs and she was really successful, even Erotica wasn't a flop, she was everywhere with her book.

But l think she doesn't care, cause she earned bigger things in her career. And the situation proves, the ageism thing against her is real, that she never get a nom for her work, Rebel Heart as a whole was awesome, if you doesn't count Bitch I'm Madonna, and COADF just one nom and one win? This single record is better than this years whole repertoire. Maybe her next one can compete. 

2 hours ago, weed said:

0 Grammy noms in the last 10 years :air: I feel like Madame X at least deserved a nom or two 

Yeah, you can say whatever you want about the album musically, but Dark Ballet and God Control deserved Best Music Video nods and Old Town Road clearly didn't

androiduser

I can justify the first album not getting any nominations because she was still relatively under the radar at that time. Like a Virgin -- ummm, okay, I can live with that, it reached cult status later on, but at the time it was bubblegum pop with a twist... True Blue is inexcusable, it was an amazing album, and she had at least 4 songs that could have been nominated for major awards (Papa Don't Preach was nominated for Best Pop Vocal). Like a Prayer, come on!! It was one of the biggest and best albums of the entire decade. Vogue was a one of the biggest pop dance songs in the history of music.... I just can't with all the snubs.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

I can justify the first album not getting any nominations because she was still relatively under the radar at that time. Like a Virgin -- ummm, okay, I can live with that, it reached cult status later on, but at the time it was bubblegum pop with a twist... True Blue is inexcusable, it was an amazing album, and she had at least 4 songs that could have been nominated for major awards (Papa Don't Preach was nominated for Best Pop Vocal). Like a Prayer, come on!! It was one of the biggest and best albums of the entire decade. Vogue was a one of the biggest pop dance songs in the history of music.... I just can't with all the snubs.

I mean Live To Tell is one of the best songs from 80s.

Archived