Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG albums ranked by Billboard

PxA limited

Featured Posts

PxA limited

I just ran into this Billboard article from earlier this year.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7557942/lady-gaga-albums-ranked-joanne-fame-monster?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR036FB48ZGoTrsBXKQTYckNJwG00z_SxG6jH_dHmQ3Tr5_MxzSnlxKxn90

It's more or less on point if you ask me, but the thing that strikes me is Born This Way landing on fifth place.

What's up with all the hate for BTW? It is literally a masterpiece and to me personally, the best Gaga album ever.

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chesescake

Yeah Chromatica was probably my third or forth fav gaga album, but I would put A Star Is Born at last, and ranked ARTPOP and Joanne higher than Born This Way.

Anderson123

I think that's a pretty good rank for a casual listener. The Fame Monster, The Fame and Chromatica are quite easy to digest for people who are not huge fans of Gaga. Of course I think Born This Way is her best but can be a little bit too much for those who are not used to her.

I'm starting to see that people who are getting into her music today tend to surprisingly like ARTPOP more than Born This Way and I wouldn't agree with that but BTW was just so aggressive, loud and a long album so it might be the reason.

It's their opinion, but I totally agree with you in case of Born This Way, cause that album has really awesome tracks & timeless hymns. 

My ranking:

Cheek to cheek

The Fame

Chromatica

ARTPOP

Star Is Born

The Fame Monster

Joanne

Born This Way

music video white gloves GIF by Lady Gaga

CHROMATICON
1 minute ago, Yxcvbnm said:

It's their opinion, but I totally agree with you in case of Born This Way, cause that album has really awesome tracks & timeless hymns. 

My ranking:

Cheek to cheek

The Fame

Chromatica

ARTPOP

Star Is Born

The Fame Monster

Joanne

Born This Way

:cryga:

For me it would be...

1. The Fame Monster

2. Born This Way

3. Chromatica

4. ARTPOP

5. Joanne

6. The Fame

7. A Star Is Born

8. Cheek to Cheek 

*1-6 is like a tie, ASIB (I liked the songs but idk) and I love Cheek to Cheek but those are covers (beautiful ones, btw) so

Agunimon

They ranked it as:

8. Cheek to Cheek
7. Joanne
6. ARTPOP
5. Born This Way
4. A Star Is Born
3. Chromatica
2. The Fame
1. The Fame Monster

I would rank it as:

8. Cheek to Cheek
7. The Fame
6. ARTPOP
5. Joanne
4. A Star Is Born
3. The Fame Monster
2. Born This Way
1. Chromatica

The fact that they ranked The Fame higher than Chromatica and Born This Way makes me feel attacked.

PxA limited
9 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I think that's a pretty good rank for a casual listener. The Fame Monster, The Fame and Chromatica are quite easy to digest for people who are not huge fans of Gaga. Of course I think Born This Way is her best but can be a little bit too much for those who are not used to her.

I'm starting to see that people who are getting into her music today tend to surprisingly like ARTPOP more than Born This Way and I wouldn't agree with that but BTW was just so aggressive, loud and a long album so it might be the reason.

In translation - easy songs that don't require a lot of thinking, ol'd time lovesong Shallow, simple Just Dance da da doo doom right? :zilla:

Cause empowering youth doesn't really affect people as do love problems, sex and partying. 

PxA limited
2 minutes ago, Trenlord said:

They ranked it as:

8. Cheek to Cheek
7. Joanne
6. ARTPOP
5. Born This Way
4. A Star Is Born
3. Chromatica
2. The Fame
1. The Fame Monster

I would rank it as:

8. Cheek to Cheek
7. The Fame
6. ARTPOP
5. Joanne
4. A Star Is Born
3. The Fame Monster
2. Born This Way
1. Chromatica

The fact that they ranked The Fame higher than Chromatica and Born This Way makes me feel attacked.

After all, it's Billboard. They think that everything that's charting has a value.

In Gaga' s case it actually does, but not more than some other work.

Archived