The Fame Monster

ARTPOP

A Star is Born

Cheek to Cheek

totally stream "bedroom floor" by it's me, buddy :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like they liked her more cohesive albums better (besides C2C)

Definitely different than my ranking bcs BTW is my #1 :sara: 

Putang Ina Mo

The Fame Monster

Born This Way

ARTPOP

A Star Is Born

Chromatica

The Fame

Joanne

Cheek to Cheek

my username says it all 🇵🇭

A R T P O P

8. ASIB
7. C2C
6. Chromatica 
5. The Fame 
4. ARTPOP 
3. Joanne 
2. Born This Way
1. The Fame Monster 

Don't hate me. 

TFM is a classic. Every single track is recognisable and the production was crisp, modern, retro and future-proof at the same time. 

BTW was cohesive in message and spirit and is Gaga at her most celebratory. 

Joanne is a masterclass in pop songwriting and was Gaga redefining what everyone thought Gaga was. 

ARTPOP is the album of the gays. Didn't do much for the GP but it was great for fans. 

The Fame was great for its time but I don't think it has aged as well as TFM and some of the tracks are weak. It was great for a first album. 

I like Chromatica but felt some of the songs were just too short for Gaga to convey a meaningful message and there are times where she sounds bored? Like she's doing it because the contract asked her to. Production is bouncy and I like the themes of depression and trauma coming through most of the songs. 

C2C and ASIB are great vocal performances but I don't really consider the Ally stuff to be Gaga because she's singing as a character and C2C is just an album of covers, but the vocals are flawless and Bennett and Gaga have such great chemistry I feel like they should do a jazz album of original compositions. 

For me:

#1 Born This Way

#2 A Star Is Born

#3 The Fame Monster

#4 The Fame

Won't rank the rest cause y'all are gonna cancel me lmao

Gabi001

My rating:

8. The Fame (don't hate me for this)

7. Joanne

6. Cheek to Cheek

5. ARTPOP

4. A Star Is Born

3. The Fame Monster

2. Born This Way

1. Chromatica

I'm not having fun tonight.

imnotyourbabe10

I kind of view Gaga in trilogies

TF(M), BTW, AP [and these are my Top 3]

C2C, Joanne, ASIB

Chromatica, something, something?

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, A R T P O P said:

8. ASIB
7. C2C
6. Chromatica 
5. The Fame 
4. ARTPOP 
3. Joanne 
2. Born This Way
1. The Fame Monster 

Don't hate me. 

TFM is a classic. Every single track is recognisable and the production was crisp, modern, retro and future-proof at the same time. 

BTW was cohesive in message and spirit and is Gaga at her most celebratory. 

Joanne is a masterclass in pop songwriting and was Gaga redefining what everyone thought Gaga was. 

ARTPOP is the album of the gays. Didn't do much for the GP but it was great for fans. 

The Fame was great for its time but I don't think it has aged as well as TFM and some of the tracks are weak. It was great for a first album. 

I like Chromatica but felt some of the songs were just too short for Gaga to convey a meaningful message and there are times where she sounds bored? Like she's doing it because the contract asked her to. Production is bouncy and I like the themes of depression and trauma coming through most of the songs. 

C2C and ASIB are great vocal performances but I don't really consider the Ally stuff to be Gaga because she's singing as a character and C2C is just an album of covers, but the vocals are flawless and Bennett and Gaga have such great chemistry I feel like they should do a jazz album of original compositions. 

I more or less agree with your ranking of the Gaga tracks. I'm torn on ASIB because I love the ballads, which are some of my favorite Gaga songs, but I'm not a fan of Ally's pop songs; I like some of Bradley's songs but not all of them. Unlike the others, it's not an album I'll listen to straight through and instead just pick out a few select songs. 

(And though it's unpopular, I agree with you about Chromatica. Something in the album is lacking for me; it feels very unsatisfying, sort of like a rough draft that needed another round of revisions.) 

She/Her/Hers

Massive Monster

My current ranking:

8) Cheek to Cheek - Doesn't mean it's bad, just the less exciting album for obvious reasons.

7) ARTPOP - It would easily rank in top 5 with the demos/iTunes swinefest versions of the songs. Ruined songs and possibilities, and a perhaps pompous art theme. Highlights: Aura (demo), MANiCURE (swinefest), Sexxx Dreams (swinefest), Swine.

6) ASIB - Brilliantly produced album, but like its film maybe has too many songs? Some unnecessary generic corny pop songs and 1 or 2 ballads could have been removed. It also maybe has some "over-singing" and a too obvious Bodyguard vocal inspiration in some parts. Highlights: Always Remember Us This Way, Shallow.

5) Joanne - Well produced piece of work but maybe missing that Gaga catchiness, hooks and choruses, especially on first few listens. What it tries to do with songs such as Million Reasons or Sinner's Prayer ASIB excelled at doing. Highlights: Diamond Heart, Joanne, John Wayne, Dancin In Circles.

4) Chromatica - A 90s club house, disco fantasy (with elements of 80s music) which has Gaga dancing through pain. However there are some unnecessary tracks which make the album sound repetitive. Highlights: Alice, Replay, Plastic Doll, Sine From Above, Babylon.  

3) The Fame - What introduced us that dark dance pop Gaga catchiness. Minor chords, robotic verses and hooks, yet emotional explosions in choruses. A smart yet fun piece on Fame and Pop Culture. There's nothing to add or to remove... a perfect album. Highlights: Just Dance, Paparazzi, Poker Face, Beautiful Dirty Rich, The Fame, Brown Eyes.

2) Born This Way - It's a living and moving wall of sound which destroys everything in its way and creates a new Gospel. An inclusive one. It's anthemic, stadium filling, grandiose, ambitious, dark, sexy and fierce. It's got Bruce Springsteen meeting Whitney Houston. Hard rock meeting techno. The 80s meeting the 2010's. American meeting German. Highlights:  Marry The Night, Born This Way, Scheibe, Heavy Metal Lover, The Edge Of Glory.

1) The Fame Monster - Gaga reaches legendary status in this anthemic, stadium filling, elephant stomping, reverberating dark synth pop fantasy. Her tone is lower, she's scary/freaky yet sexy. Sometimes borrowing from the past but making it gloomy and futuristic. Highlights: Bad Romance, Alejandro, Speechless, Dance In The Dark.   

Kind regards

ShayCristoforo

Switch The Fame's placement with BTW, and we're good. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Kadikaado

1. The Fame Monster

2. Born This Way

3. Chromatica

4. ARTPOP

5. Cheek to Cheek

6. A Star Is Born

7. The Fame

8. Joanne

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

For me:

1. ARTPOP
2. The Fame Monster
3. Chromatica
4. The Fame
5. Born This Way
6. Joanne
7. Cheek to Cheek&A Star Is Born

Archived