Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kylie on the cover of the Gay times

noa234

Featured Posts

95473627.jpeg

It's been 26 years since Kylie Minogue first graced the cover of GAY TIMES Magazine and she remains one of our greatest pop icons and an ultimate ally to the community.⁠

It's why this year we're recognising Kylie with the GAY TIMES Honour for Allyship.⁠

“I naturally just became one,” Kylie tells us when we ask what first made her want to become a vocal ally for the community in our exclusive cover story with the star. “I don't know how to even explain it because it just was, and it is.⁠

“It lined up with my principles and my views on life that, of course, you should be who you are and who you want to be. It makes perfect sense to me. It felt like the right place for me and the right and natural thing for me to be an ally of the community.”⁠

In the cover story, Kylie speaks about her record-breaking new album DISCO, why she hasn’t made it to the Drag Race judging panel just yet, and gives us an update on the long-awaited Kylie musical.⁠

Very colorful and she's gorgeous as usual!

9 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Please use a better song than... this for Queen Kylie :sweat:

Suspiria

Was it common for celebrities to openly support the LGBT community in the 90s?

I'm amazed to hear she covered GT so long ago. She truly is an icon and ally.

bionic
5 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

It was a big deal and there was a lot of anti-LGBT politics and rhetoric that followed from the rise of HIV/AIDS in the late 80s

buy bionic

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I'm amazed to hear she covered GT so long ago. She truly is an icon and ally.

Some celebrities were open supporters in the 90s and way before that. I remember watching a video of actress Jane Fonda supporting gay rights way back in the 70s. Madonna is another long time ally that comes to mind. It was not a very popular thing to do though so it probably wouldn't have landed you a magazine cover. 

1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Some celebrities were open supporters in the 90s and way before that. I remember watching a video of actress Jane Fonda supporting gay rights way back in the 70s. Madonna is another long time ally that comes to mind. It was not a very popular thing to do though so it probably wouldn't have landed you a magazine cover. 

Also Bette Davis and Judy Garland are probably the oldest allies and gay icons :vegas:

PunkTheFunk
4 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Also Bette Davis and Judy Garland are probably the oldest allies and gay icons :vegas:

True, although I'm not sure if they've ever "openly supported" gay rights in the sense that they explicitly expressed their thoughts about the issue to the public. But that is simply because it was a different time and I'm sure they would have been very vocal supporters if they were born a bit later. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

True, although I'm not sure if they've ever "openly supported" gay rights in the sense that they explicitly expressed their thoughts about the issue to the public. But that is simply because it was a different time and I'm sure they would have been very vocal supporters if they were born a bit later. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

I’m not very educated on this topic myself I fear. But there’s a whole Wikipedia page about Judy being a gay icon, I’m gonna read it now :kara:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Garland_as_gay_icon

Archived