Cherry Blues

Featured Posts

SHALLOW
21 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

She can revive it if she releases Babylon feat Dua 

That's a smart move.... That's why it's not gonna happen :huntyga:

NewUsername
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

Nah, the hype is over. She can't revive the era all that much even if she released Alice as a single

1 hour ago, Chroma said:

I don't think so she's reviving the Era, she'll most probably release that Babylon Fashion film, coz it's a brand association (Teased by babylonhooker) and most probably a deluxe album version with all the remixes.

Would I like more content? Of course.
But I'm so sick of this "reviving the era" narrative, just because there isn't a constant flux of new content coming out. Today's attention span, damn man... Even in "today's streaming and social media" and whatever era, it's not like she's gone radio silent for a year or something. 
In a more spread out era, 2 months since 911's MV isn't that long of a period + -even though a lot aren't interested in those things- there are the LG promo etc... like... there's things happening, like going with the flow. Of course she can also do other things as well, but they're probably following schedule, having to give promo to LG again, now just before the holidays.

I remain very hopeful for 2021. We got 911 in September -> then Gaga wanted the focus to be on the elections -> Now the holiday season is coming up, where new releases are always sparse, because the artists know they can't compete with Christmas music -> In January there's a next "window" again for more content.
God forbid she takes some time off now (from what WE see from the OUTSIDE, mind you. There's a big chance she's working bts) after having worked hard for 12 years non stop. I agree that the timing is a bit sad, in the middle of an era instead of after it, but let's wait, hope and see.

Also, "the hype is gone", please, it's Gaga, there's always hype. And it's been proven over and over again that whenever she does something liked more by a lot of fans, y'all immediately come running back again. So nah, don't go there, there's no expiration date yet on a great album that was released 6 months ago.

Anderson123

In a perfect world she’s release a music video for Sour Candy and maybe close with Alice and Babylon. 

SHALLOW
37 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

Would I like more content? Of course.
But I'm so sick of this "reviving the era" narrative, just because there isn't a constant flux of new content coming out. Today's attention span, damn man... Even in "today's streaming and social media" and whatever era, it's not like she's gone radio silent for a year or something. 
In a more spread out era, 2 months since 911's MV isn't that long of a period + -even though a lot aren't interested in those things- there are the LG promo etc... like... there's things happening, like going with the flow. Of course she can also do other things as well, but they're probably following schedule, having to give promo to LG again, now just before the holidays.

I remain very hopeful for 2021. We got 911 in September -> then Gaga wanted the focus to be on the elections -> Now the holiday season is coming up, where new releases are always sparse, because the artists know they can't compete with Christmas music -> In January there's a next "window" again for more content.
God forbid she takes some time off now (from what WE see from the OUTSIDE, mind you. There's a big chance she's working bts) after having worked hard for 12 years non stop. I agree that the timing is a bit sad, in the middle of an era instead of after it, but let's wait, hope and see.

Also, "the hype is gone", please, it's Gaga, there's always hype. And it's been proven over and over again that whenever she does something liked more by a lot of fans, y'all immediately come running back again. So nah, don't go there, there's no expiration date yet on a great album that was released 6 months ago.

That's probably just how you feel. The era is basically been dead for most of us. We're not entertained. Like, if you compare what Gaga's doing with what Dua Lipa's doing you will clearly get what i'm saying.

Cherry Blues
5 hours ago, A R T P O P said:

I just wish she elaborated on the tribes a little bit more. 

This album feels like it should have been completely visual. 

A Chromatica art book with scratch and sniff tribe logos would have been incredible 

Love all of this. Yes the tribes need more depth. Anyway, someday Chromatica needs more content and to be continued. I mean Bowie did this too, even after years. Hope Lady will does this too. When i'm honest, i like the song 911, but as videos Stupid Love and Rain On Me are better - they feel like the original Chromatica concept. 911 came like from outside i think, not what she planned when she talked about Chromatica firstly. But maybe it's need to be like that for right now. But it's like not her Chromatica fantasy, but something different from others.

Kadikaado
58 minutes ago, Cherry Blues said:

Love all of this. Yes the tribes need more depth. Anyway, someday Chromatica needs more content and to be continued. I mean Bowie did this too, even after years. Hope Lady will does this too. When i'm honest, i like the song 911, but as videos Stupid Love and Rain On Me are better - they feel like the original Chromatica concept. 911 came like from outside i think, not what she planned when she talked about Chromatica firstly. But maybe it's need to be like that for right now. But it's like not her Chromatica fantasy, but something different from others.

I disagree, 911 is the inception of Chromatica. Chromatica is the place she went on her head to heal from her mental issues. When she loses conscience in the alternate version of the video she goes through the gates of Chromatica.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

NewUsername
11 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

That's probably just how you feel. The era is basically been dead for most of us. We're not entertained. Like, if you compare what Gaga's doing with what Dua Lipa's doing you will clearly get what i'm saying.

Comparisons will get you disappointed: Dua's younger, is on her second album, still has to prove herself etc.

It's just rude to say an era's "dead" and it's sad more people don't see that.

MadreMonster

I feel like there would for sure be another single if she got nominated for AOTY - but now that she didn’t get that, they might hold back. But I’m hoping she even just releases a video before the Grammys for a little buzz

Justin Drew Bieber

She moved on, she’s going to release a jazz album in 2 weeks and then continue working on her 2 movie roles. And I don’t mind, I’d rather move on, as I’m sure she has.

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, NewUsername said:

Comparisons will get you disappointed: Dua's younger, is on her second album, still has to prove herself etc.

It's just rude to say an era's "dead" and it's sad more people don't see that.

No it's not rude. It's the way it is. I loved 911 MV and it's basically my fave mv at this point but even that couldn't revive the era cause she didn't do much after she released it. Let's not delude ourselves. 

Tinnitus15

Well if we knew that silence gonna be the main thing during this era,we could have waited for chromatica release in September/october(but some of you would drag her for this)...maybe she’s waiting for 2021 when the pandemic will be less problematic(the vaccines and other measures) then she could start promoting close to the original plan 

15 hours ago, NewUsername said:

Lol literally , the difference in attitude pre and post 911 :laughga:

Archived