Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Remembering "Hey Girl"

Ceres

Featured Posts

Listened to an old mix during my commute to work and Hey Girl popped on, and I verbally was like oh god here we go. 

Love the song, but dang that entire thing was a choice. Someone got away with their super niche fanfic [french vanilla] fantasy

You got Benny and the Jets demo track playing, Poor Florence had to restrain her loud notes because she's just the feature. To show dominance Gaga had to crash her car into Mark Ronson's, while Flo is standing in the studio asking if she can leave yet. The whole thing is a choice. 

✧ ✧ ✧

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dynamite

I like the song, the instrumental is wonderful and haunting. It's just a boring duet when it should have been incredible.

It's actually my least favorite Gaga Track only before JnD. I really love Florence and was so hyped when I heard that she was going to be on the album, but when I listened to it I was really dissapointed. I love the vocals, but I don't know why the rest is just awful to me. I really wanted to like the song and I go back to it every now and then, but nope I still don't like it.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Sneaky Oliver

Hey Girl is amazing! Ofc we were all expecting powerhouse vocals and dark bop vibes but the song is such a positive surprise with such a smooth atmosphere and sweet vocals :sara: I wouldn't have minded if Gaga and Flo had two duets on the Joanne album if you ask me. We sure deserved a powerhouse rockish anthem

I’m on my Legacy Act era

JINNOCIDE

To me, the featuring is weird is ****. And I live for Florence.

It's like Mark told Gaga "hey, I got Florence on the phone, I think you two should collab."

It's the collab she talked about the least, by farrrrrrrr.

It's so strange (to me at least).

I know we shouldn't judge because we don't know what happens in behind the scenes but it felt so out of place.

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

10 minutes ago, JINNOCIDE said:

It's the collab she talked about the least, by farrrrrrrr

Sour Candy says hi

well you're right, it's a feature more than an actual collab

Kadikaado

I think this song is awful, so bad I can't even start talking about it.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

warhol killer

It's obviously one of the best songs on Joanne, and captures the meaning of the album, along with Just Another Day and the title track. 

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

ProdigyARTPOP

it deserved a 50s, 60s music video with a  lesbian love story, between Gaga and Florence in different outfits of the time & that bridge in full color. as well as at least one performance 

Archived