đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Remembering "Hey Girl"

Ceres

Featured Posts

Cherry Blues

It's a Lady Gaga song which really has this cool jazzy smoking bar vibe. For me just special...someday it will be used in a unique sweet movie, because it's perfect as a beautiful theme...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schwerk
8 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

I feel like this song sample’s this really old song, but don’t know what it’s called and don’t even remember any of the lyrics. It drives me nuts every time I think of it because I don’t know what that damn song is called :bradley:

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

BlingNotTheMusic

Hey Girl is definitely one of my top tracks from Joanne and much more timeless than some of Gaga's other songs... :huntyga:

LaLuna

Very forgettable IMO. Florence has a lovely voice, it's a cute duet but it wasn't necessary, I feel it was just thrown in there for good measure. It's nothing special.

Even in 5F2 Florence looked like she didn't know why she was there, it was awkward :bear:

I L:heart:ve this sweet and joyful cute song, it makes me smile and feel instant warmth and friendliness. It's no fuss and feels genuine, opposite of trying hard just because you have two powerful natural voices.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

BlingNotTheMusic
20 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

Even in 5F2 Florence looked like she didn't know why she was there, it was awkward :bear:

Ok I agree with this and I love Hey Girl.

But I get the sense that Florence is just an awkward person. 

I think Gaga wanted Flo to step outside what's expected of her (huge vocal powerhouse songs) and do something more toned down 

LaLuna
4 hours ago, Delaytica said:

Ok I agree with this and I love Hey Girl.

But I get the sense that Florence is just an awkward person. 

I think Gaga wanted Flo to step outside what's expected of her (huge vocal powerhouse songs) and do something more toned down 

Probably. It's just that when I watched the scene where they were recording the song, I didn't feel there was much chemistry between them. The song is still decent, but it feels a bit forced.

BlingNotTheMusic
19 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Probably. It's just that when I watched the scene where they were recording the song, I didn't feel there was much chemistry between them. The song is still decent, but it feels a bit forced.

Totally feel you on this one. I wonder if they filmed at the beginning of the Hey Girl session and it took Flo a minute to find her groove. The final production (even if you don't like the song) is very well executed which would be difficult if they didn't eventually get some type of chemistry. 

Archived