💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Goldfrapp?

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

I wanted to know What Gagadaily thinks of Goldfrapp? It’s rarely mentioned but they are the authors of the satanic remix of Judas :laughga:

I discovered them because of xtina’s Bionic but never got into their discography, now that I’m listening to them I’m hooked, any tips

Glamourpuss

I like a few of their hits particularly Ride a White Horse, Number 1, Strict Machine and Ooh La La. 

idk how to insert a gif in the comments, but imagine the 

"Talented Brilliant Incredible, wonderful (electric), amazing showstopping, spectacular, never the same totally unique"

Each album they created a different mood, Alison Goldfrapp's picturesque lyrics and Will Gregory's masterful production make such good music to listen to when you want to chill out and relax.

Love love "Slide In", "Moon in your Mouth", "Stranger", and "Train"

✧ ✧ ✧

elijahfan

Goldfrapp is literally my 2nd fave after Gaga, so imagine my reaction when the Judas remix came out... I don't even know where to start, each one of their albums is completely different from the other: there's folk, heavy electro-pop, disco, orchestral.... And everything is just SO GOOD. Incredibly poetic lyrics and more bops than I can count.

Number 1 is one of the most important songs of my existence.

Head First is a 80s throwback masterpiece, they (she?) really predicted that trend years before it manifested in popular music

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

elijahfan

Here's a little selection of songs spanning their 7 albums to give you an idea:

I know it's a bit extensive, but you're in for a ride. This is the work of 20 years.

SawyersInsanity

i love them so much they are one of my favorite artists but each album is very different and they change their vibe and sound quite frequently. Felt Mountain is a dream like and experimental, Black Cherry is a turn into a more electronic direction which sounds dirty and erotic, and that electronic sound carries over to Supernature where its more clean and straight forward and "popy" in sound, Seventh Tree is more stripped back folky pop with more personal/abstract lyrics and themes, Head First is their love letter to the 80s going full synth and glittery in aesthetics, Tales of Us has their most minimalistic and stripped back sound but with deeply personal and poetic lyrics (it's hands down their "deepest" album in terms of themes), and lastly Silver Eye is their return to a more futuristic pop sound but clean and straight forward.

Kadikaado

I love Ooh La La and Train, I remember it being trendy back in the day. I heard some of their discography, but didn't click with the rest of their songs.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

That's so cool that you're getting into Goldfrapp just now. I've been a fan of them even before I was a fan of Gaga when she started. As someone pointed in one of the posts before, all of their albums are unique and worth listening to. They also produced the score for the film My Summer of Love including some songs from Felt Mountain that are in the film too; worth watching too. Enjoy! :)

Lovely head, human, paper bag, black cherry and utopia are some of my favourite songs of all time.

Also, Alison is a lesbian that is completely ageless. When she was 25 she looked like a young 40  now she's older she looks like a hard working 25 year old, you can never guess her age because she is perfect.

Esteban

Goldfrap, Ladytron, Chicks On Speed, Vitalic, Miss Kittin & The Hacker, Peaches, Sexy Sushi... Electroclash at its best, I loved this musical scene so much back in the days when I was a fluo kid! :bradley:

Archived