Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Poll: Are Beyonce 9 nominations deserved?

Kimmo

Beyoncé’s 9 nominations   

381 members have voted

1. 1. Was it fair?

• Yes, very deserving
    • No, there was fraud
    • She took The Weeknd’s spot just like JB

Featured Posts

Teletubby
31 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I can't remember, but I'd tend to say yes :ladyhaha:

It was nominated for Best Song Written for Visual Media("Spirit"), Best Pop Solo Performance("Spirit"), Best Pop Vocal Album(The Lion King: The Gift) but lost in all 3 categories 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chromaticainmyhead

I wish we live in a world where Gaga‘s cultural impact is equitably being treated to Beyoncé‘s ... 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

StrawberryBlond
15 hours ago, Sister said:

I only just say "Disney+" 

I bet we will hear something about this being a connected "deal" involving the pushing of Disney+ promotion and Beyoncé selling it in an exciting and exclusive shiny way, care of a contract agreement. I can't prove it of course,but it's just what I see from watching all along. It was all exaggeratedly being sold and advertised and didn't live up to one-third of the hype and didn't sell Disney+ so successfully either, looking back.

Beyoncé probably deserves a few nods but not all of these, no way. Beyoncé cares about Beyoncé. Beyoncé doesn't even live up to her own "hype".

I'm thinking the same. What also stands out is that she mentored and signed Chloe x Halle. They opened for the Formation tour and On The Run tour. Despite their debut album only peaking at #139 and not having any semblance of reviews to its Wiki page, they got nominated for Best New Artist and Best Urban Contemporary Album at the 2019 ceremony. Then shortly afterwards, Halle is signed to play Ariel in the live action Little Mermaid even though barely anyone has heard of her. Then, as a duo, they got nominated again for their new album. This one charted at #16 and got 81 on Metacritic, so it was a bit more understandable, but pair it with the earlier stuff and it looks like suspicious nepotism. Is Beyonce given a power of say so when it comes to casting decisions at Disney and how her signed acts are promoted now she's such a big player on their service and according to its president, gained them so many subscribers? And can that have ripples across other institutions like the Grammys?

As far as I can see, people talk about Beyonce's solo studio albums, they're the ones that have impact. But everything else - her movies, soundtrack songs, collab albums with her husband, music video movies...they're not widely talked about or sell. Even her own fans don't seem bothered. That's why there seems such a push by the powers that be to get these projects noticed and respected by throwing every nomination under the sun at them. But the public cries foul because they know the public support isn't there. It really doesn't make Beyonce look good so I don't know why it keeps happening.

5 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

Then why hasn’t she ever won any of the main categories (Album of the Year, for example) if she “buys” her Grammys? I mean she’s lost to people who have far less money and power in the industry before and yet you claim she buys her stuff? 

Or is it only not bought when Taylor or Adele get sh!tloads if Grammys? 

You have to remember that the music she’s nominated for this year is VERY critically acclaimed so it’s not surprising she gets recognition for it. 

I said a few days ago that I hold the strong belief that you can buy a Grammy nomination but not a win. This has been obvious many times when obscure choices get a lot of nominations but then don't win anything. A nomination still gives you that exposure, so many see it as enough.

Yes, some of the stuff she's nominated for is very critically acclaimed but definitely not all critically acclaimed stuff gets nominations. Fiona Apple's Fetch The Bolt Cutters has the highest score on Metacritic of all time and it failed to get an AOTY nomination. Just before she set that record, Nick Cave's Ghosteen album held the record, it didn't get nominated for anything. Nick Cave is one of the most critically acclaimed artists of all time and he's never won a Grammy and has barely ever been nominated in all the decades he's been in the industry. Critical acclaim only gets you so far. What really gets you multiple nominations/wins, is being a massively successful name with a record label who push you and campaign for you. Who gets those nominations is who is campaigned for the hardest. It's all very superficial. As much as I love Gaga, if she was a little known artist, she wouldn't have all her nominations and wins, especially not a win in Best Pop Solo for the obscure song Joanne which barely charted, up against actual hits, let's be real.

IllusionLover
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I can't remember, but I'd tend to say yes :ladyhaha:

I did research, The Lion King soundtrack was nominated for the soundtrack category. Aaaaand The Lion King: The Gift was nominated for Best Pop vocal Album. 

The Grammys said f*ck the rules.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Cssomeone
On 11/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, Borislshere said:

Crazy how your work gets rewarded when you put effort into it :bear:

What effort are you talking about? If it's the visuals, then she should have only been (deservingly) nominated for them. But the music? Really? I know it has a message behind it, but it's not as impressive as anything she's done before. Like Pitchwork said: The Academy seems to listen to Beyoncé, even when she doesn't make much noise. There were many other artists who deserved the recognition she's got 

On 11/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, RenegAde said:

It deserves nominations but definitely not song or record of the year 

The ****ing GAG if she actually wins in the prestigious categories 

Borislshere
3 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

What effort are you talking about? If it's the visuals, then she should have only been (deservingly) nominated for them. But the music? Really? I know it has a message behind it, but it's not as impressive as anything she's done before. Like Pitchwork said: The Academy seems to listen to Beyoncé, even when she doesn't make much noise. There were many other artists who deserved the recognition she's got 

Maybe they should try harder next time :billie:

Archived