💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Poll: Are Beyonce 9 nominations deserved?

Kimmo

Beyoncé’s 9 nominations   

381 members have voted

1. 1. Was it fair?

• Yes, very deserving
    • No, there was fraud
    • She took The Weeknd’s spot just like JB

Featured Posts

IllusionLover
16 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I don't even understand how this one was even eligible... Remember when they couldn't nominate Gaga for Best New Artist because Just Dance had already been nominated the year before? Can't they ever get the rules right and fair?

Isn't BIK music from the Lion King album that came out in 2019?? :laughga:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
26 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Isn't BIK music from the Lion King album that came out in 2019?? :laughga:

Indeed :awkney:

2 hours ago, Monster Voices said:

Wait ... Beyonce has a new album? :laughga:

Yes we found out thanks to the Grammys :laughga:

Hottie Detector

pachinko
2 hours ago, Chaos Angel said:

She bought them it's so obvious :bear:

She also bought chloe and halle noms though they do deserve nominations 

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, Autumn said:

black parade is eh and made as much of a splash as a chia seed in a cup of tea. she deserved for brown skin girl and black is king, not black parade.

Me reading the first words of your comment as "black people are eh."

I was about to go off on you gurl. :ladyhaha: Also, I might need glasses. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

also why is everything about skin colors with her?

brown skin girl

black parade

black is king

??

JusKeepBreathin
8 minutes ago, Fish said:

also why is everything about skin colors with her?

brown skin girl

black parade

black is king

??

So I know you're not from the U.S.  but here we are literally living in a world where brown and black skinned people are being hunted down for being black or brown while jogging.  Nothing wrong with pride in a racial minority group. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RichAssPiss

The Brown Skin Girl video nod should not be allowed. It is an excerpt from Black Is King which is also nominated. They need to make a rule disqualifying videos that are excerpted from a larger eligible work.

MaMaMarryTheNight

The fact that this wouldn’t a problem if Gaga had 9 noms :bear:

âš”ïžđŸ’– THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUEđŸ’–âš”ïž

Teletubby
1 hour ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

The fact that this wouldn’t a problem if Gaga had 9 noms :bear:

She would never get so many. She would be throw away to give someone less famous to have more diversity in category, it happens to mainstream artists:ohwell:ïżŒ

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

StrawberryBlond

No, and I think the love could have been passed around a whole lot more. Someone who has reached her level of Grammy decoration does not need multiple nominations for the same piece of work across multiple categories. Black Parade could've easily just done with one nomination. Black Is King should've included Brown Skin Girl's music video and be seen as a package deal, especially as not all the footage from BIK made it into individual music videos, so this seemed like an attempt to get two noms for the price of one where it wasn't necessary. So, at most, she should've got 5 (the remix wins notwithstanding as they can't be helped). But I still think she shouldn't have been submitted as part of the Savage remix, seeing as other artists only got nominated for their original versions, including the other big female collab remix, Say So, which also hit #1 with a remix but got nominated as a solo. However, seeing as Megan contained the remix version and only that version in her new album and actually called it Savage Remix (without brackets around 'remix') there's not much that can be said or done about that.

9 nominations shouldn't happen in a year where you haven't released an album. Simple as that.

IllusionLover
6 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Indeed :awkney:

And it was nominated last time, right?

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Archived