💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Meghan Markle reveals she suffered a miscarriage in July

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

The Duchess of Sussex has revealed she had a miscarriage in July, writing in an article of feeling "an almost unbearable grief".

"I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second," Meghan said in a piece for the New York Times.

She went on to describe how she watched "my husband's heart break as he tried to hold the shattered pieces of mine".

Meghan wrote that "loss and pain have plagued every one of us in 2020".

The 39-year-old shared her experience to urge people to "commit to asking others, 'are you OK?'" over the Thanksgiving holiday in the US.

A source close to the duchess confirmed to the BBC that the duchess is currently in good health and the couple wanted to talk about what happened in July, having come to appreciate how common miscarriage is.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "It's a deeply personal matter we would not comment on."

The duchess and Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, moved to California to live away from the media spotlight, after stepping back as senior royals in January.

Their first child, Archie, was born on 6 May 2019.

The duchess began her article by describing a "sharp cramp" she felt while looking after Archie.

"I dropped to the floor with him in my arms, humming a lullaby to keep us both calm, the cheerful tune a stark contrast to my sense that something was not right," she wrote.

"Hours later, I lay in a hospital bed, holding my husband's hand. I felt the clamminess of his palm and kissed his knuckles, wet from both our tears.

"Staring at the cold white walls, my eyes glazed over. I tried to imagine how we'd heal."

Meghan made it clear from the first event that she spoke at as Harry's bride-to-be that she wanted women's voices and women's experiences to be heard more clearly. 

Now she has written of her loss, and her heartbreak. She has set it in the context of a year of breathtaking turbulence. And she has made a plea for tolerance and compassion.

She weaves in the struggles of so many with Covid-19, the battles over truth and lies in our divided age, the killing of black Americans by the police.

And on an experience that so many women have lived through, she has made her grief a way of bringing miscarriage closer to the everyday conversation.

The duchess continued: "Losing a child means carrying an almost unbearable grief, experienced by many but talked about by few.

"In the pain of our loss, my husband and I discovered that in a room of 100 women, 10 to 20 of them will have suffered from miscarriage. 

"Yet despite the staggering commonality of this pain, the conversation remains taboo, riddled with (unwarranted) shame, and perpetuating a cycle of solitary mourning.

"Some have bravely shared their stories; they have opened the door, knowing that when one person speaks truth, it gives license for all of us to do the same."

The duchess also referenced a TV interview in which she was asked by a journalist if she was ok, during her tour of South Africa last year.

She said she was asked the question during a time in which she was "trying to keep a brave face in the very public eye".

"I answered him honestly, not knowing that what I said would resonate with so many - new moms and older ones, and anyone who had, in their own way, been silently suffering," she said.

The duchess's miscarriage happened at a time when she was involved in legal action against the Mail on Sunday over the publication of a letter she wrote to her father. Last month she was granted a postponement of her privacy trialuntil autumn next year.

Source: BBC

Poor Meghan and Harry :(  Please refrain from any hate, no matter how you feel about Meghan.

Full article:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Galactic Mess

What a horrifying experience. That happened in my family once. I hope she and Harry cope well with this. 

Franch Toast

That's very sad. I'm glad more people in high-profile positions are opening up about this––I remember Chrissie Teigen went through something similar a couple of months ago, though in her case, they had to induce labor, and her child was born alive and then died a few minutes after. 

Extremely heart-breaking. 

She/Her/Hers

Pennywise
Just now, Pray4FameGa said:

This is horrible but it's kinda ironic that she's pro choice.

Being pro choice does not mean you want your baby to die, what kind of a conservative rhetoric is that :laughga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

1 minute ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Explain how it’s ironic?

Pray4FameGa
3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Being pro choice does not mean you want your baby to die, what kind of a conservative rhetoric is that :laughga:

That's exactly what abortion achieves.

Runway
6 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Excuse you?

Gimme More
7 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

comments like this right now are disgusting.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Runway

So after having racists, far right extremists, anti-vaxxers, transphobic people, GGD was only missing pro life lunatics :bear:

Pennywise
1 minute ago, Pray4FameGa said:

That's exactly what abortion achieves.

oprah winfrey GIF

I-

Who's gonna tell ha :laughga:

Pennywise
1 minute ago, Runway said:

So after having racists, far right extremists, anti-vaxxers, transphobic people, GGD was only missing pro life lunatics :bear:

There's someone new to fight on this site every day :messga:

Sneaky Oliver
2 minutes ago, Runway said:

Can we end GGD and create a new one, GagaWeekly or even GagaMonthly judging by Chromatica era :cryga: so we won't let those people in

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver

OT i can imagine how devastating it must be. my mom suffered a miscarriage before I was born and my pregnancy was very dangerous so it's a very sensible topic for me. How did she manage to keep her second pregnancy in secret though?

I’m on my Legacy Act era

RAMROD

That is very sad story :(

By the way, being a fan of The Crown, I can't help but imagine what kind of stuffs happening behind the curtain, and how The Queen's secretary will try to cover up this story until today. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

35 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

You dont understand irony or being pro choice. Whats that like?

Archived