💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Grammy CEO responds to The Weeknd’s tweet

Spock

Featured Posts

Asked for a response, Harvey Mason Jr., the Recording Academy’s chair and interim president/CEO, supplied a statement to Billboardthat read in part, “We understand that The Weeknd is disappointed at not being nominated. I was surprised and can empathize with what he’s feeling. His music this year was excellent…We were thrilled when we found out he would be performing at the upcoming Super Bowl and we would have loved to have him also perform on the Grammy stage the weekend before …To be clear, voting in all categories ended well before The Weeknd’s performance at the Super Bowl was announced, so in no way could it have affected the nomination process.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9489869/recording-academy-harvey-mason-jr-responds-the-weeknd-the-grammys-tweet/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

the fact that that this statement doesn’t clarify anything and they’re still looking like clowns :oprah:

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

It’s a total farce. Looking at the nominations list and seeing who was selected over him is a joke. 

buy bionic

Justin Drew Bieber

They said a lot but didn’t say anything.. it’s like they’re trying to buy time? Abel should’ve gotten at least 5 noms, it’s so weird how he was snubbed

Adrenaliner

He really was robbed. He deserved AOTY, SOTY and ROTY.

Blinding Lights really defined this years music and influenced multiple artists. Can't believe they didn't think about the backlash they would have. 

franminervini

omg this is pathetic they don't have any excuse c'mon 

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!

Bradley

Nominations in the pop field are not reviewed by a committee, so The Weeknd’s failure to receive nominations for best pop solo performance for “Blinding Lights,” best pop duo/group performance for “In Your Eyes” (featuring Doja Cat) and best pop vocal album for After Hours is simply due to the fact that these titles didn’t get enough support from rank-and-file voting members.

Hmm, I find this really odd and hard to believe. I can understand if there was a screening committee to block his nomination (even though this itself is questionable), but Billboard explained that even in pop fields without a screening committee, that he also failed to receive enough traction to secure a nomination? And Justin Bieber did? If the Grammys indeed are telling the truth, then seriously who even is voting? And how come these people are so averse to him?

Economy

Lol guys what's he suppostu say? U guys are saying he's not giving an explanation but he's not gonna have an explanation. Catagories have their voters and any bias is from those voters. We been knew, but don't expect him to know individually why one person was nominated and not another in each category just cuz he's the CEO

Bradley

By the way, can somebody explain why the Super Bowl is even mentioned? The dates are one week apart. He could've performed on both ceremonies, there's no such thing as him being only able to show up on one.

Phantomhive

I call bs. If it was the supowerbowl performance which I'm pretty sure was the reason why, then it must've been something else just as shady. This wouldn't have been that much of an issue if he was just complaining about being snubbed for AOTY but the fact that he didn't get a single nomination for an album with a pretty big impact doesn't make any sense and this is coming from someone who doesn't even listen to his music.

In I fly on wings of winter.

Teletubby
29 minutes ago, Spock said:

we would have loved to have him also perform on the Grammy stage the weekend before

they really have no shame:derpga:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

11 minutes ago, Economy said:

don't expect him to know individually why one person was nominated and not another in each category just cuz he's the CEO

But that’s his job as CEO? Also in another article he talked about how he was in the room when the screening was happening

6 minutes ago, Bradley said:

By the way, can somebody explain why the Super Bowl is even mentioned? The dates are one week apart. He could've performed on both ceremonies, there's no such thing as him being only able to show up on one.

Because they both air on CBS, and apparently there’s a clause that says that Super Bowl performers can’t perform on TV two months prior to the show. TMZ posted an article saying how the Recording Academy gave him an ultimatum to choose between the Grammys and the Super Bowl, which his manager liked on twitter 

which still doesn’t mean he could not have been nominated 

who will love me when the night is over

Archived