💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Grammy CEO complaint in 2019

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

So here is one of the reasons stars like The Weeknd would get snubbed. I imagine as more information is released we will see why The Weeknd was snubbed. 

The article talks about the 2019 snub of Sheeran and Grande for someone like Brandi Carlisle.

https://thewhisp.mommyish.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/grammy-ceo-suggests-brandi-carlile-grammy-nom-snubbed-ariana-grande/

"The alleged corruption comes into play after submissions are voted for by the complete Academy, then a group of 20 nominations are apparently reviewed by a “secret committee” to make the final selections. Deborah says the committees often include board members with “relationships” with certain artists and they use these committees to push personal and professional agendas — including getting particular artists to perform during the award show’s broadcast."

In the complaint, Deborah claims, “The Board has selected artists who are under consideration for a nomination to sit on the committee that is voting for the category for which that have been nominated. As a result, one artist who initially ranked 18 out of 20 in the 2019 ‘Song of the Year’ category ended up with a nomination. This artist was actually permitted to sit on the ‘Song of the Year’ nomination committee. Incredibly, this artist is also represented by a member of the Board.”

Deborah doesn’t explicitly name the “aforementioned” artist is, but Brandi Carlile is represented by Richard Stumpf, a CEO/Partner of Atlas Music Publishing who sits on the Board of Trustees of the Recording Academy. Not one but two GRAMMY trustees are wrapped up with Brandi Carlile. Tracy Gershon, who is the head of the Nashville office of One Riot Music, “a boutique independent publishing company who’s flagship artist is Brandi Carlile” also sits on the board of the Recording Academy. Brandi is also nominated for “Song of the Year” category this year for her track, “Bring My Flowers Now.”

GOVERNANCE-GRAMMY-com-1.png

Highlighted-Atlas-Publishing-1.png

ABOUT-TRACY-GERSHON-Nashville-Songwriter

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

TimisaMonster

So no different then why some talentless "artists" get signed and others don't...getting ahead in life is all about who you know and what you're willing to do to get to where you wanna be. This will definitely hurt the Grammy's reputation when messy snubs keep happening and they don't even know what to say anymore as an excuse...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Oh wowww I would’ve thot the corruption was with mainstream artists not indie artists :air: this is wild 

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, arrtpop said:

i really like brandi idk how to feel about her now :(

Same, mess. Brandi is insanely talented & deserved the nom over Sheeran imo...but this was so corrupt and she blatantly took part in it. It's not like her label/manager/etc. were doing this on their own.

MelbHawker

This really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone given previous snubs / winners :toofunny: Grammys are nothing anymore. They’ve lost all credibility. 

elijahfan

I mean, that’s the problem when awards are voted by people from the industry.... It’s supposed to be a sign of excellence recognition, but like the Oscars, everyone has certain connections and interests in nominating certain artists, it’s literally meant to be biased. I’d say a ceremony like the Golden Globes has much more merit, as the Hollywood foreign press votes for it.

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I mean lesbi real i'd probably rig it for myself too if i had the power :billie:

Exactly, I mean they’d be stupid not to root for their own artists. Their voting system is intrinsically biased, so one should wonder why we give so much credit to those ceremonies tbh.

chromaticainmyhead

it really makes you think about artists that regularly receive more nominations than expected since these are the ones who‘ll get the most media coverage afterall...

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

highlikegaga
20 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I mean, that’s the problem when awards are voted by people from the industry.... It’s supposed to be a sign of excellence recognition, but like the Oscars, everyone has certain connections and interests in nominating certain artists, it’s literally meant to be biased. I’d say a ceremony like the Golden Globes has much more merit, as the Hollywood foreign press votes for it.

GG are even more corrupt and unreliable tho while I enjoy some small fan favorite shows getting their due, I've read many bad things regarding the GG and everyone views them as a joke. 

Spoiler

but maybe that's what they want us to think :gum:

Bradley

There is no way Lil Nas X, (I don't hate him but let's objectively look at his album, 7), who made a 7-track EP that is panned, and much less commercially successful than A Star Is Born, got more votes than ASIB.

And 7 got nominated for Album of the Year.

37 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I agree the system is obviously broken, but the Hollywood Foreign Press are notorious for being bought with mere celebrity appearances, invitations to parties and things like that. Their campaigning rules are much less strict than the Academy Awards to precisely allow things like that that happen. 

The fact that the HFP is so secretive and no one really knows who their members are (I think there was an investigation by Variety a few years ago), just like the Recording Academy, also allows them to pretty much do whatever they want with no accountability 

who will love me when the night is over

Archived