💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Weeknd calls out the Grammys

monsterdino

Featured Posts

BornAsUnic0rn
4 hours ago, Gagi said:

What is the „transparency“ about, do you know?

transparency about how the nominations came to be, because it’s basically impossible that he didn’t get enough votes to be at least top 5 in at least 1 category with the success and the acclaim he had and it doesn’t make sense.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
12 hours ago, Glojuice said:

Uhhh Bon Iver is music royalty. ZBB are pretty great and Esperenza is a lauded niche jazz artist. The rest are thrash except Due and Billie. 

I mean that most of the public have forgotten about all these names or never made them successful. Bon Iver disappeared out of public consciousness after their breakout and the other ones are just that - niche, only fans of the genres know about them, they're not making hits. You like to think that the winners are going to be names that end up becoming iconic to everyone across the board. It's well known that some of the biggest stars of all time never won the award. They called it really well in the 2000's but fell off after that. MJ, Madonna and Gaga were never even nominated. That's really embarrassing.

12 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I mean that most of the public have forgotten about all these names or never made them successful. Bon Iver disappeared out of public consciousness after their breakout and the other ones are just that - niche, only fans of the genres know about them, they're not making hits. You like to think that the winners are going to be names that end up becoming iconic to everyone across the board. It's well known that some of the biggest stars of all time never won the award. They called it really well in the 2000's but fell off after that. MJ, Madonna and Gaga were never even nominated. That's really embarrassing.

But the Grammys are supposed to be like the Oscars, it's not just about the hits or Jason Derulo and Pitbull would have heaps. Bon Iver are huge and critically acclaimed. The others are niche but the quality of music is exemplary. It's not supposed to be the PCA. 

Teletubby
7 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

But the Grammys are supposed to be like the Oscars, it's not just about the hits or Jason Derulo and Pitbull would have heaps. Bon Iver are huge and critically acclaimed. The others are niche but the quality of music is exemplary. It's not supposed to be the PCA. 

but Despacito was still nominated for Record of The Year and Song of The Year  :bear:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

1 hour ago, 777777777777777777 said:

but Despacito was still nominated for Record of The Year and Song of The Year  :bear:

I'm not sure I get your point. So were Titanic and Avatar at the Oscars. I actually think The Weeknd 100% deserved  nominations but what I don't understand is saying bands like Bon Iver are undeserving because they don't have huge Billboard hits. 

Teletubby
41 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

I'm not sure I get your point. So were Titanic and Avatar at the Oscars. I actually think The Weeknd 100% deserved  nominations but what I don't understand is saying bands like Bon Iver are undeserving because they don't have huge Billboard hits. 

I don't mind to artist with no Billboard hit to win, there are many great songs that never reached Billboard chart. But Grammy mostly nominates commercially successful songs and these win. This year for Record of the Year they nominated 5 songs that reached #1 on Billboard and one that reached #2, one Beyonce's song and only one by lesser-known Black Pumas. It means that commercial success is important too so why they treated The Weeknd this way?

2 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

I don't mind to artist with no Billboard hit to win, there are many great songs that never reached Billboard chart. But Grammy mostly nominates commercially successful songs and these win. This year for Record of the Year they nominated 5 songs that reached #1 on Billboard and one that reached #2, one Beyonce's song and only one by lesser-known Black Pumas. It means that commercial success is important too so why they treated The Weeknd this way?

You and me are on the same page. The Weeknd not getting nominated is the most ridiculous snub. I was just disagreeing with the person who said Zac Brown Band and Bon Iver are irrelevant and undeserving. 

Thomas P
21 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

You and me are on the same page. The Weeknd not getting nominated is the most ridiculous snub. I was just disagreeing with the person who said Zac Brown Band and Bon Iver are irrelevant and undeserving. 

not to mention, ZBB is a pretty huge band in country music

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Teletubby

Katy Perry liked it on Instagram 

Archived