💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Maybe future nostalgia took chromatica's place

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde

I know alot people are already saying we should be grateful that gaga got 2 nominations but i completely disagree with that. she deserved a lot more than that and just because they always seem to give her the short end of the stick doesnt mean we shouldnt call it  out  whenever it happens .neither should the fact that other worthy contenders were snubbed be a reason for us not to complain cause bottomline is we all want our fav artist to get recognition especially when they deserve it 

chromatica was literally one of the biggest albums of the year in all ramifications. And it definitely deserved the album of the year and best music video   

I feel like when it came to album of the year  it probably came down to choosing which dance /electro /synth pop album was better  to them and they chose to go with FN . that also  explains the record of the year and song of the year noms for Dont start now over rain on me. So basically i think FN cancelled out chromatica  cause they wanted the genres to be equally represented in the nominees 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

I think it was the fact Dua promoted it down people's throats and Gaga was very laid back in terms of promotion. But I do ageee that Gaga deserved a lot more than the two

End Racism Now

Stephen

The nominations are a mess don't over think it. The Weeknd being snubbed tells us all we need to know. It's a pitiful disgrace. 

RenegAde
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

I think it was the fact Dua promoted it down people's throats and Gaga was very kaid back in terms of promotion. But I do ageee that Gaga deserved a lot more than the two

Good point , but The reason why i dont fully buy this is because we know some other artist that did the bare minimum and got everything so 

I think looking for an explanation of what happened is in vain, we'll never know what happened, we are not academy members, we should just accept that a bunch of old white men did not like Chromatica that much and that is okay she was born this way

VasilisVas

Who cares? Gaga had her spotlight with the Grammy’s and has an Oscar, too. Let Dua enjoy her time in the spotlight for as long as she can. 

2 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Stop. Just stop. 

This.

You need to move on guys.

Joanne will end up as a more Grammy-acclaimed album, period.

venusfly

FN is more deserving tbh, Dua made that album a year long moment and it’s been in the public consciousness for a year. Gaga dropped Chromatica and moved on.

The music on Chromatica isn’t strong enough to sweep grammys, it needed her to push it and provide visuals and moments.

xoxo Craig
Just now, RenegAde said:

Good point , but The reason why i dont fully buy this is because we know some other artist that did the bare minimum and got everything so 

Well on the whole, Chromatica did better numbers than FN and also had better impact and was critically acclaimed. The only difference between the number one album and the number five album was that Dua promoted it like her life depended on it, and Gaga has been more busy with make-up than music. 

I think the other artists who did the minimum had payolla for their nominations

End Racism Now

RenegAde
1 minute ago, Red said:

I think looking for an explanation of what happened is in vain, we'll never know what happened, we are not academy members, we should just accept that a bunch of old white men did not like Chromatica that much and that is okay she was born this way

Sadly True, this is the first time grammy noms has me this pressed  :bradley:

AlexanderMagno

I honestly think that The Weeknd's snub was so shocking that it eclipses every other possible snub, yes :shrug: it's absolutely unfair to discuss Gaga's possible snub when The Weeknd got NOTHING. It really is.

And no, Chromatica got what it deserved. Yes, of course it could have got one more nomination, but it deserves as much as other nominees.

Just now, RenegAde said:

Sadly True, this is the first time grammy noms has me this pressed  :bradley:

idk I'm so disappointed with what they did to The Weeknd that I'm not that mad about Chromatica's nominations. I usually don't pay that much attention to awards tbh but like, that was not okay...

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived