💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Maybe future nostalgia took chromatica's place

RenegAde

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

It's simple: she campaigned for her work, and Gaga did not. 

Plus Dua released four singles out of her album, while Gaga stopped at two. Dua's album has been in the public's consciousness all year long, while Chromatica was largely abandoned mid-summer. I'm more upset at The Weekend getting NOTHING while Bieber lands a nomination for Yummy. I'm also upset at Jessie Ware getting nothing for her SPECTACULAR album "What's Your Pleasure" but her album came out at the height of the pandemic. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
23 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Well a label wouldn't normally give the time of day to an album that peaked at number 5. But after DSN's success and Physical being a moderate hit, they decided to hammer in the promotion. Especially in the past few months. How is it that levitating is suddenly charting in the top 20? 

She's being pushed heavily. The album isn't that good, yet they keep pushing it.

You do know that The Fame Monster peaked at no5? 

Could You Not Little Girl GIF

Also they didn't just decide suddenly.. She was consistent with promo since day 1. That's called a good album campaign. They even did that when COVID was at it's highest peak. Heck they released the album right when things started getting out of control. Just give it up. 

Levitating is charting now because she promoted it for months? What's not clicking? 

quite frankly chromatica is a dance album but it's short and it definitely needed visuals. its not just about promo, in my opinion its about grabbing peoples eyes. if chromatica was a visual album the storyline would be much clearer and more appealing to the GP and the grammys team. dua lipa's album achieved that, her visuals only complimented the album and the side projects helped FN stabilize in people's minds (and playlists). even though i liked chromatica it felt like something was missing

1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

I know alot people are already saying we should be grateful that gaga got 2 nominations but i completely disagree with that. she deserved a lot more than that and just because they always seem to give her the short end of the stick doesnt mean we shouldnt call it  out  whenever it happens .neither should the fact that other worthy contenders were snubbed be a reason for us not to complain cause bottomline is we all want our fav artist to get recognition especially when they deserve it 

chromatica was literally one of the biggest albums of the year in all ramifications. And it definitely deserved the album of the year and best music video   

I feel like when it came to album of the year  it probably came down to choosing which dance /electro /synth pop album was better  to them and they chose to go with FN . that also  explains the record of the year and song of the year noms for Dont start now over rain on me. So basically i think FN cancelled out chromatica  cause they wanted the genres to be equally represented in the nominees 

completely delusional 

50 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

The weekends case is just the most ridiculous thing they have done but i  feel like the fact he wasnt nominated  at all gives us the idea that something fishy is going on, he probably pissed off some exec. But with gaga its like what really is the reason for leaving rain on me out for best music video, ?

maybe they thought other videos were more worthy? 

:shocked:

Promoting your album as much as you can shouldn’t be the qualification for winning an award based on music :air: @ people saying Dua deserves for promoting so much 

RenegAde
6 minutes ago, Fish said:

completely delusional 

Someone dragged in a stench on their way in.

Pray4FameGa

Ya'll have to keep it real. Chromatica was an ok album and Gaga seemed over it the moment she released it.

I'm surprised it got any noms, given the snub of the weeknd, who completely deserves them over Gaga.

Unreal.

TheFame Monster
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

Not saying it was overexposed, but you can't deny that it did feel forced at times. The fact she put out a whole remix album with Madonna, and now she's got another project related to FN coming up... as well as Spotify playlist and other things. She was promoted heavily down people's throats. Gaga's promotion lasted like a month

Okay.

Lady_Gaga_-_BTW_The_Remix.png
followed by this a week later

A_Very_Gaga_Holiday.png

4 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Someone dragged in a stench on their way in.

4 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Ya'll have to keep it real. Chromatica was an ok album and Gaga seemed over it the moment she released it.

I'm surprised it got any noms, given the snub of the weeknd, who completely deserves them over Gaga.

Unreal.

i think we have a consensus here, renegae user

vixdean

I think it was the fact Dua promoted it down people's throats and Gaga was very laid back in terms of promotion. But I do ageee that Gaga deserved a lot more than the two

Why say that Dua “promoted it down people’s throats” as a way to invalidate her success? 

Dua simply did what every pop fan likes their fave to do - promote her album, produce quality content, and deliver on her artistic vision for the record. 

JustTea
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

And no, Chromatica got what it deserved. Yes, of course it could have got one more nomination, but it deserves as much as other nominees.

Chromatica was critically acclaimed #1 album and it's also Gaga's most cohesive album. There's no way any other of those nominees deserved to have AOTY more than Chromatica. :neyde:

vyniildisk
1 hour ago, Biggest Bitch said:

To be honest Dua deserved it better :trollga:

I am loving all the truth tellers here todaaaay yaaaas .kenya moore dancing GIF by Real housewives of Atlanta

Regina George
2 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Chromatica was critically acclaimed #1 album and it's also Gaga's most cohesive album. There's no way any other of those nominees deserved to have AOTY more than Chromatica. :neyde:

Dua's album is critically acclaimed as well and is her most cohesive album. So? 

giphy.gif

vyniildisk

Well on the whole, Chromatica did better numbers than FN and also had better impact and was critically acclaimed. The only difference between the number one album and the number five album was that Dua promoted it like her life depended on it, and Gaga has been more busy with make-up than music. 

I think the other artists who did the minimum had payolla for their nominations

How Chromatica had more impact when Dont Start Now was the MOST SUCCESFUL FEMALE SONG OF 2020

You are something else LMAO always trying to bring Dua down

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived