💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Maybe future nostalgia took chromatica's place

RenegAde

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
Just now, Regina George said:

Why are y'all blaming promo when 90% of albums there didn't have ANY? Like literally any promo.. It's not about my opinion or yours. People who are relevant liked FN more than Chromatica and y'all will have to deal. 

I was asking the person’s opinion :laughga:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monsters see standard album era content and call it “forced” and “pandering to nominations” because they haven’t had a proper album era experience since Ariana Grande was still on Nickelodeon :ally: 

Signature loading
 đŸ‘čđŸ–€

Regina George
Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

I was asking the person’s opinion :laughga:

And I was quoting you giving you my opinion on what you insinuated. This is a public forum anyways. 

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

The more people talk about promo and album campaigns the more it makes me grateful that Gaga did what she wanted this year and let the music speak for itself because it all feels so fake. I don't want to stan an artist who spends so much time trying to get noticed by the Grammy's. The fact she released it with little promo and got 2 nominations is an excellent achievement, because she did things her way and it still paid off. 

I mean, its just ashame because Chromatica is her best (if not one of her best) albums and for it not to be recognised is really sad. I get Gaga wanted it to be about the music, but I feel that Chromatica shouldn't be given the cold shoulder. It's been paid dust, and that makes me a little angry considering how good the album (in terms of music and its structure, its concept, its sound, its visuals etc). 

Not to mention... Bobby told us that they were gonna hit the road hard with promotion. That there would be so many things coming from this era. The music was always the main thing, but it was going to be so much more than just the music. And all we are getting right now is more Haus Labs, and snub after snub at the Grammys. So I can't help but feel a little bitter/sad at what's been going on. 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Stef said:

Monsters see standard album era content and call it “forced” and “pandering to nominations” because they haven’t had a proper album era experience since Ariana Grande was still on Nickelodeon :ally: 

I literally stan Ariana Grande and saw the TUN campaign :billie:  I know how a roll out works, but Dua's was a little forced by her label. You can tell how suddenly Levitating is now climbing the charts lmao

End Racism Now

Kadikaado

Well, I personally think Chromatica is much better than Future Nostalgia (only the singles save the album IMO), but Future Nostalgia had better single choices and better promo. So, they made their choice.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

HausOfAntonio
2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

And I was quoting you giving you my opinion on what you insinuated. This is a public forum anyways. 

Yes, I insinuated that I prefer Chromatica :billie:

3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Dua's was a little forced by her label.

Elaborate on this though? 

Signature loading
 đŸ‘čđŸ–€

Glamourpuss
9 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I mean, its just ashame because Chromatica is her best (if not one of her best) albums and for it not to be recognised is really sad. I get Gaga wanted it to be about the music, but I feel that Chromatica shouldn't be given the cold shoulder. It's been paid dust, and that makes me a little angry considering how good the album (in terms of music and its structure, its concept, its sound, its visuals etc). 

Not to mention... Bobby told us that they were gonna hit the road hard with promotion. That there would be so many things coming from this era. The music was always the main thing, but it was going to be so much more than just the music. And all we are getting right now is more Haus Labs, and snub after snub at the Grammys. So I can't help but feel a little bitter/sad at what's been going on. 

I understand completely. Chromatica is my favourite Gaga album and I do think it deserved so much more. 

But all this talk of campaigning for the Grammy's makes me think about the business side of showbiz and it kind of makes me sick how false it all is and gives me an insight into why Gaga isn't interested in all that BS. I'm taking comfort in the fact she let the music speak for itself and it was still a successful era without much promo. Not everybody can achieve that but she did. 2 Grammy nominations is an excellent achievement when a few days ago fans were predicting she would get none. 

xoxo Craig
Just now, Stef said:

Elaborate on this though? 

Well a label wouldn't normally give the time of day to an album that peaked at number 5. But after DSN's success and Physical being a moderate hit, they decided to hammer in the promotion. Especially in the past few months. How is it that levitating is suddenly charting in the top 20? 

She's being pushed heavily. The album isn't that good, yet they keep pushing it.

End Racism Now

Teletubby
38 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

they wanted the genres to be equally represented in the nominees 

This is about best new artist and probably true for all big categories
The committee also seeks to boost genre, racial and gender diversity - sometimes, it appears, at the expense of mainstream pop acts. Last year, Lewis Capaldi was passed over for a best new artist nomination, while spots went to such highly respected but lower-selling acts as Black Pumas.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9469380/2021-grammys-best-new-artist-nominations-contenders/

48 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I feel like when it came to album of the year  it probably came down to choosing which dance /electro /synth pop album was better  to them and they chose to go with FN .

DJESSE VOL.3 Jacob Collier nominated for AOTY is EDM/R&B/house/funk/pop

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived