💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Has Gaga Never Been Nominated For This Grammy?

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo

Grammy Award for Best Recording Package

OVERVIEW

The Grammy Award for Best Recording Package is one of a series of Grammy Awards presented for the visual look of an album. It is presented to the art director of the winning album, not to the performer, unless the performer is also the art director.

Of all the pop stars and artists out there, Gaga would be the one that I would think could be nominated for or win this category. Frank Sinatra was the first ever winner of this award in 1959 and Metallica has won it in 2009 so that shows it is possible for an artist to win it.. unless Gaga isn’t as involved in the art direction of her albums from a technical as we thought?

Rihanna’s Anti got nominated in 2017 and BTS’ Love Yourself: Tear got nominated in 2019 so pop albums definitely have a chance. Biophilia by Björk actually won in 2013 but Björk didn’t win for it.

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Probably because the label never submitted lol

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

She's never submitted in that category I think

Neither is she the art director I think :oprah:

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

nightadieu

She definitely didn’t do the art direction for Chromatica. I remember it being three younger guys

AlexanderMagno

Meh, the only Gaga's package worth being nominated would be ARTPOP's. It features an original Jeff Koons statue, it was designed by Koons himself and it goes into more "artsy" territory with its references.

Other than that, her artworks are quite average in the art direction, even if eye-catching.

Blastertoyo
43 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

She definitely didn’t do the art direction for Chromatica. I remember it being three younger guys

I know lol I just think it would be a fun thing for us forum hoes and twitter to brag about if Gaga had won this before

please enlighten me to death

HausOfAntonio
54 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Meh, the only Gaga's package worth being nominated would be ARTPOP's. It features an original Jeff Koons statue, it was designed by Koons himself and it goes into more "artsy" territory with its references.

Other than that, her artworks are quite average in the art direction, even if eye-catching.

EDIT: I misread lol. 

27monster27
56 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

It features an original Jeff Koons statue, it was designed by Koons himself and it goes into more "artsy" territory with its references.

ARTPOP probably had a high chance to win too.

he/him/his

AlexanderMagno
9 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

ARTPOP probably had a high chance to win too.

It would have been nominated surely. But a win, hum it had a chance but still unlikely. Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt artwork is built around the vinyl package, and that is obviously a big plus. Also, it features an original work, which is something Grammys take in high consideration (Grammys apparently appreciate original paintings that serve as album covers). Gaga had a big, highly respected modern artist working in ARTPOP's artwork, but given the artistic possibilities did they go far enough? Probably not (I guess you could say that about the whole album era).

PopMusixRX

There are several categories about how albums are made I'm always curious why people don't get nominated for.  

I'm trying to find video of someone like unboxing these albums so I can see  what the hubbub is about and compare. I can only find pics of the cover tho.By that alone, they look like cool LP art that would fit in with those designed in the heyday of cover art in the 80s and 70s :shrug:

Edit: I found this Russian vid.

Honestly I don't think there was anything conceptually interesting about any of Gaga's album designwise :sweat: Unless Im forgetting something, they were all great photo shoots but nothing special as far as a conceptual, physical experience with the packaging. The Fame Monster Deluxe is the most elaborate thing they did, but even that is just a (dope af) scrapbook; not a custom design and layout specific to the the album. Still praying for an incredible a deluxe Chromatica or BTW anniversary setup tho. That could/should be worth submitting.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Archived