Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Poppy Nabs a Grammy Nomination!

Lottie Winters

Featured Posts

Lottie Winters

Yay!! I know everyone is upset about the snubs, but can we celebrate the news that The Queen Poppy got a Grammy nomination! Well-deserved!

13. Best Metal Performance
For new vocal or instrumental solo, duo/group or collaborative metal recordings.

BUM-RUSH
Body Count

UNDERNEATH
Code Orange

THE IN-BETWEEN
In This Moment

BLOODMONEY
Poppy

EXECUTIONER'S TAX (SWING OF THE AXE) – LIVE
Power Trip

HotLikeMexico

My favorite off of "I Disagree". From the moment I heard it I reminded me so much of "The Great Destroyer" by Nine Inch Nails.

I will be so happy if she nabs it. Also wouldn't be upset with In This Moment nabbing it.

Lottie Winters
On 11/24/2020 at 12:19 PM, ChrisRX said:

I didnt even know her music was metal?

Her latest album I Disagree leans heavily into pop, metal, and various other genres.

Quartz

The why do you believe part sounds so good. Al i the only one who thinks the instrumental sounds very distorted?

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Ladle Ghoulash
45 minutes ago, Quartz said:

The why do you believe part sounds so good. Al i the only one who thinks the instrumental sounds very distorted?

I think the distortion is intentional. It draws a lot from industrial metal, like Nine Inch Nails, who produce music that is meant to be gritty and distorted as an extension of the anger and angst of the vocals and lyrical content.

Born This Way

For me, I either want her or In This Moment to win. I really like ITM but I don't enjoy the song they're nominated that much. I'm shocked this is their first nomination cuz they've been really deserving the past decade. So I'd rather Poppy win.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Good for her. I wasn't a fan of her earlier work and schtick, but I've listened to some of her newer work. Not bad at all.

3 points in and ready for more

HotLikeMexico
On 11/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, deactivated001 said:

I think the distortion is intentional. It draws a lot from industrial metal, like Nine Inch Nails, who produce music that is meant to be gritty and distorted as an extension of the anger and angst of the vocals and lyrical content.

Nine Inch Nails vive was the first thing I thought of when I heard Bloodmoney. Instantly became on of my faves as I am a hugeeee fan of Trent and his music. 

Archived